PDA

View Full Version : Tadahito with a good start for the Padres

captainclutch24
04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
3-5 2 doubles and a run scored.

Geoff Blum was 0-1 for the astros today pinch hitting.

Jake Peavy back to his Cy Young form outdueling Roy Oswalt, batting 1-1 with 2 rbis and a walk. He just missed a HR in the second

kittle42
04-01-2008, 12:18 AM
I was hoping no would would mention this. 3 hits and Williams couldn't get an everyday player for him?

Optipessimism
04-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I sure hope Richar gets healthy soon and Uribe is jettisoned. Iguchi is so much better than Juan it's not even funny. Anyway, good luck to Tadahito. I expect he'll rebound nicely from the bad first half last year. He's still a quality player.

gogosox16
04-01-2008, 12:46 AM
God does that trade look bad right now with the performance of Uribe today

kittle42
04-01-2008, 01:53 AM

It's one ****ing game. On both ends. Man, this place just loves overreaction, generalization, and hyperbole.

gogosox16
04-01-2008, 02:06 AM
It's one ****ing game. On both ends. Man, this place just loves overreaction, generalization, and hyperbole.
I guess that explains me.....and I was referring what I was saying to what we got in return, and who is our 2nd basemen at this time

A. Cavatica
04-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Yes, it's one game, but we're not basing our opinion that Iguchi is better than Uribe on that one game. We're basing it on watching them play side by side for 400 or so games. This one just reinforces the opinion...

Tragg
04-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I was hoping no would would mention this. 3 hits and Williams couldn't get an everyday player for him?
I'd put it like this: we didn't get anything for Iguchi, but we think we can get something for Uribe?

Our massive downgrade at 2b is real.

kittle42
04-01-2008, 09:52 AM
I'd put it like this: we didn't get anything for Iguchi, but we think we can get something for Uribe?

I never thought we'd get anything for Uribe. Iguchi was also crap with an expiring contract last season when he was unloaded. Which crap is crappier? For those debates, see the months of argument over Owens/Anderson/Quentin and Ramirez/Uribe/Richar.

soxfan13
04-01-2008, 09:59 AM
I cant believe nobody has started a Chris Young thread, he homered yesterday.:redneck

russ99
04-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Peavy was absolutely filthy last night.

But then again, the umps were giving him tons of leeway on the sliders over the corners. He's a great pitcher, but when the strike zone is widened, it's not even fair.

TomBradley72
04-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I cant believe nobody has started a Chris Young thread, he homered yesterday.:redneck

:kneeslap:

Scottiehaswheels
04-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I cant believe nobody has started a Chris Young thread, he homered yesterday.:redneckPhil Rogers probably isn't hanging around... :rolleyes:

Sargeant79
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Iguchi was a free agent at the end of last year. Trading him had absoultely no bearing on the Sox's intentions to not resign him.

Choices at the trade deadline last year when the Sox were very much out of contention:

A) Trade him, get a minor leaguer in return, and get a two-month look at what you had in Danny Richar

B) Keep him, get no player in return, and prevent the organization from scouting at the major league level a player they needed to know about to plan for the future

I don't understand why people don't get this trade.

kittle42
04-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Iguchi was a free agent at the end of last year. Trading him had absoultely no bearing on the Sox's intentions to not resign him.

Choices at the trade deadline last year when the Sox were very much out of contention:

A) Trade him, get a minor leaguer in return, and get a two-month look at what you had in Danny Richar

B) Keep him, get no player in return, and prevent the organization from scouting at the major league level a player they needed to know about to plan for the future

I don't understand why people don't get this trade.

2005 inflation of player value. That really is the only answer.

Huisj
04-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I cant believe nobody has started a Chris Young thread, he homered yesterday.:redneck.

Struck out 3 times too I believe.

soxfan13
04-01-2008, 12:33 PM

Struck out 3 times too I believe.

You are no fun!!!:tongue:

Hitmenof77
04-01-2008, 01:27 PM

It took you more than 6,200 posts to realize this?????

getonbckthr
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM
If we resigned Tadahito would have we shown interest in Ramirez?

goon
04-01-2008, 01:59 PM

Except OC does everything Iguchi can do, with exception to power. Granted, if the Sox could have held onto Iguchi, or at least, got something worthwhile for him, that would have been nice. Cabrera is the type of guy the Sox needed on the field, but also, he has a reputation for being a good leader. Did you see the dugout yesterday? I haven't seen the players that excited in about a year and a half. You can thank Swisher and OC for that.

Plus, while Uribe may be an offensive downgrade, he is quite clearly and defensive upgrade and it's not even close. With the rotation the Sox have and the fact that they now have a solid number 2 hitter to replace Iguchi, who gives a **** what you get out of Uribe offensively because all he really needs to do is play solid defense. Between Crede, OC, Uribe and Konerko, the Sox have one of the best defensive infields in the league, maybe the best.

Frater Perdurabo
04-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Upon reflection, a double-play combo of Cabrera and Iguchi would have been nice, especially considering that both are skilled with the bat. Iguchi could have been used lower in the order to take advantage of his latent power, but still utilize his situational hitting abilities when appropriate. Given that, it would have been possible to put BA in CF just for his glove, since there wouldn't be any other holes (Uribe) in the lineup.

TheVulture
04-01-2008, 02:57 PM

Uribe is/was a backup plan at 2b! Our starting 2b is injured. Uribe is actually a SS who can play 2b well. He played better than the other options in ST, therefore he was the one chosen to fill in for an injured player. Iguchi wasn't kept in Uribe's role as a utility player for the fact he cannot play SS or 3b. He can basically play one position. It's not like the decision was to let Iguchi go and stick Uribe out there in his place! Geebus! I'm just glad we've got someone in Uribe who can hold down 2b as well as SS and 3b in the case of injury, and play those positions well.