PDA

View Full Version : Gammons, buy a baseball encylopedia!

kingpin_rcs
04-26-2002, 03:35 PM
In the latest "Gammons Mailbag" column on ESPN.Com the following question and response was posted:

----------------------------
Q: The Chicago Cubs are the NL team which has gone the longest without winning a World Series, and the Boston Red Sox are the AL team. Which fans do you think have it worse? Red Sox fans, who have had more success, come closer and failed? Or Cubs fans, who have had to wait the longest? -- Scott Tuxbury, Colorado
PWG -- Cubs fans. Check the number of winning seasons. The Red Sox have been in four World Series since the Cubs were last in theirs. Red Sox fans like to feel sorry for themselves.
----------------------------

First of all, as WE all know, it is the WHITE SOX not the red sox that have gone the longest. Secondly, Gammons doesn't correct the writer of the queston!! We need to all email ESPN and let them know what an idiot Gammons is! 1917 came one year before 1918. Buy a book and look it up, Gammons!

raul12
04-26-2002, 03:41 PM
like he says, "Red Sox fans like to feel sorry for themselves," and we all know who PG likes to sleep with all those lonely rainy nights!

MarqSox
04-26-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs

First of all, as WE all know, it is the WHITE SOX not the red sox that have gone the longest. Secondly, Gammons doesn't correct the writer of the queston!! We need to all email ESPN and let them know what an idiot Gammons is! 1917 came one year before 1918. Buy a book and look it up, Gammons!

Is somebody gonna flood Gammons' inbox with e-mails on this or what?

doublem23
04-26-2002, 04:06 PM
http://www.marnin.com/images/homer/homerdoh.gif
D'oh!

RKMeibalane
04-26-2002, 04:09 PM
Frankly, I don't care what Gammons says as long as he leaves the Sox alone. I don't remember the last time he said something positive about them. I've dislike Gammons ever since I learned that he thought Phil Plantier would be the next Ted Williams. What a load of crap! That guy lasted six years in the Majors before Oakland got rid of him. I may be wrong on that, because Plantier was so insignificant that no one said much about him, except Boston, of course.