PDA

View Full Version : Future of St. Louis' Ballpark Village in Doubt

Viva Medias B's
03-28-2008, 11:30 PM
The Ballpark Village is a planned development that is to be built on the footprint of the previous Busch Stadium, land situated between the current Busch Stadium and the Hilton Hotel towers. However, the Ballpark Village has never gotten off the ground because of ongoing problems (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/9B59C38B431E33D78625741A00108AE7?OpenDocument), according to the Post-Dispatch.

manders_01
03-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Something needs to be done there. If the city can't something built with the Cards, the team needs to sell the site. But it definitely needs to be developed. And I know plenty of developers that would love to get their hands on a piece of property like that.

Viva Medias B's
03-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Something needs to be done there. If the city can't something built with the Cards, the team needs to sell the site. But it definitely needs to be developed. And I know plenty of developers that would love to get their hands on a piece of property like that.

If not, it will become St. Louis' version of Block 37.

FireMariotti
04-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I stayed in the StL Hilton at the ballpark two weekends ago. The view from my room facing the field was beautiful. You could sit in the room and look directly at homeplate. The empty space between the ballpark and the hotel, currently a small parking lot, is perfect for development. Considering the small amenities already in the area (a few hotels, parking garages, and scattered restaurants) they would be wise to develop this empty lot VERY soon. Still, it is a great park and surrounding area to spend the day and catch a game.

South Side Irish
04-02-2008, 08:13 PM
I stayed in the StL Hilton at the ballpark two weekends ago. The view from my room facing the field was beautiful. You could sit in the room and look directly at homeplate. The empty space between the ballpark and the hotel, currently a small parking lot, is perfect for development. Considering the small amenities already in the area (a few hotels, parking garages, and scattered restaurants) they would be wise to develop this empty lot VERY soon. Still, it is a great park and surrounding area to spend the day and catch a game.

Agreed - it's a shame that they haven't gotten this thing moving.