PDA

View Full Version : Pods did it!!!

manders_01
03-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Way to go Scotty!!!!! :bandance::wooty::moonwalk:

http://origin.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8733217

This is soooooo awesome! Can't wait to lose my voice the first time he takes the field! :tongue:

BainesHOF
03-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Good for Podsednik, though I don't think Hurdle has any idea what he's in for with Podsednik's defense.

gregoriop
03-28-2008, 11:53 PM
The article said he was alternative to their current center fielder, Willy Taveras. Surely they won't put him in the gigantic Coors Field centerfield? I'd imagine they'd switch people around, but I haven't followed the Rockies.

manders_01
03-28-2008, 11:59 PM
The article said he was alternative to their current center fielder, Willy Taveras. Surely they won't put him in the gigantic Coors Field centerfield? I'd imagine they'd switch people around, but I haven't followed the Rockies.

For the past few seasons, it's seemed that outfielder 4 and 5 are technically back-ups for all of the starters but they are usually credited as Taveras' back-up. Holliday and Hawpe don't take too many days off.

IMO, Pods defensive time will be pretty limited. When he does go in, Spilly will more than likely already be in or go in as the CF while Pods spends time in right or left.

ChiSoxGirl
03-29-2008, 12:38 AM

This is soooooo awesome! Can't wait to lose my voice the first time he takes the field! :tongue:

As a Pods lover, I'm so proud! :redface:

WhiteSox5187
03-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Good for Pods! Hope he's able to tear it up against the NL! Especially the Cubs!

Hannon312
03-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Congrats to PODS!!! Hopefully he stays healthy! One good thing he'll be back at the Cell this year playing the Sox!

gogosox16
03-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Way to go Pods!!!! Can't wait till the Rockies come here now!!!!!!!:bandance:

tick53
03-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Good for Pods! Hope he's able to tear it up against the NL! Especially the Cubs!

Very well put! :smile:

Jjav829
03-29-2008, 11:00 AM

Yeah, uh, no. :smile:

Their left fielder, Holliday, is one of the best hitters in baseball. Their right fielder, Hawpe, is no slouch. Neither is capable of playing another position and they aren't going to sit so that Podsednik can play. So if Pods is going to start (other than in the very occasional rest day for Holliday/Hawpe), it's going to be in center over Taveras.

Most of Pods' playing time will come as a pinch hitter for the pitcher or a pinch runner late in the game.

Frontman
03-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Congrats to Scottie. Here's to staying healthy and doing good for your new team!!

The Dude
03-30-2008, 09:15 AM

Hey, I'm happy for him as long as he isn't in our lineup! Nice job making another team. :gulp:
Countdown till the next groin injury for noodle arm......

cheezheadsoxfan
03-30-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm really happy for Scottie. I'll always have a warm spot for him. But centerfield, yikes!

PicktoCLick72
03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Do we play the Rockies in interleague this year? It would be a perfect time to retire ol' number 22.

thomas35forever
03-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Do we play the Rockies in interleague this year? It would be a perfect time to retire ol' number 22.
Yes, they come the weekend of June 13-15. It'll be time to give Pods the standing ovation he deserves. Just rename the blue seat in right-center the "Podsednik seat" already.

Frontman
03-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Yes, they come the weekend of June 13-15. It'll be time to give Pods the standing ovation he deserves. Just rename the blue seat in right-center the "Podsednik seat" already.

I already call it that. That's Pods seat, and Konerko's is in left.

manders_01
03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm really happy for Scottie. I'll always have a warm spot for him. But centerfield, yikes!

As Jjav and I have stated, he's not going to see much - if any - time in CF.

For the past few seasons, it's seemed that outfielder 4 and 5 are technically back-ups for all of the starters but they are usually credited as Taveras' back-up. Holliday and Hawpe don't take too many days off.

IMO, Pods defensive time will be pretty limited. When he does go in, Spilly will more than likely already be in or go in as the CF while Pods spends time in right or left.

Yeah, uh, no. :smile:

Their left fielder, Holliday, is one of the best hitters in baseball. Their right fielder, Hawpe, is no slouch. Neither is capable of playing another position and they aren't going to sit so that Podsednik can play. So if Pods is going to start (other than in the very occasional rest day for Holliday/Hawpe), it's going to be in center over Taveras.

Most of Pods' playing time will come as a pinch hitter for the pitcher or a pinch runner late in the game.

Just make sure you guys save me a handful of seats in the bleachers! :D:

goofymsfan
03-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear he made the team!!!!!

RadioheadRocks
03-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Way to go Pods... best of luck with the Rockies! :bandance:

chisox77
03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
From the Sox to the Rox. Good for Pods!!!

(Maybe he'll have another chance to take down Barrett)

:cool:

manders_01
03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
From the Sox to the Rox. Good for Pods!!!

(Maybe he'll have another chance to take down Barrett)

:cool:

:rolling: God I hope I'm at that game!