PDA

View Full Version : To do in Comerica?

nedlug
03-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey everyone -

I have a left-field/third base side ticket to the Sox-Kitties game next Sunday at Comerica, as I will be in Detroit on business. Have any of you been to Comerica? If so, is there anything I should do, see, eat, etc. at the park? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian26
03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey everyone -

I have a left-field/third base side ticket to the Sox-Kitties game next Sunday at Comerica, as I will be in Detroit on business. Have any of you been to Comerica? If so, is there anything I should do, see, eat, etc. at the park? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I was there in 05, they were selling freshly roasted almonds on the concourse behind home plate. I believe you could get a regular bag or coated with cinammon. I recommend those over the generic pizza they serve.

jabrch
03-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey everyone -

I'd leave. Detroit sucks.

Chicken Dinner
03-29-2008, 12:59 PM
If you have the time, go to the Ford Museum. It's awesome.

areilly
03-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Anyone ever been to the Motown museum? I'm thinking of checking it out when my compatriots and I go in July.

Oblong
03-29-2008, 01:16 PM
The motown museum is a waste of time and ther's also some construction around there. I'd not recommend it.

Go to The Henry Ford (www.thehenryford.com). It's a collection of The Henry Ford Museum (indoors) and Greenfield Village (outdoors). History and auto/engineering buffs will love it. Seeing as the weather is iffy for the weekend, opt for just the museum. Lots of cool stuff in there.

ComiskeyBrewer
03-29-2008, 01:56 PM
IIRC the hot dogs/Brats sucked when i went there last year. No real toppings there. And yes, Detroit is a dump. I didn't truly get the feel til i went there last year. That being said, Comerica is a very nice baseball park. I would get there a little early and walk around.

NU Nish 13
03-30-2008, 11:00 PM
I had the same question actually, since I'll be there for Saturday's Sox/Tigers game. I'm don't doubt that Detroit is a dump...

I don't mean to hijack the thread by any means, but for those of you that have been to Motown, do you know of any decent sports bars near the park? Since the Final Four is on Saturday, I'd like to catch at least the end of the first of the two games before the long drive back to Chicago. Thanks.

ChiSoxGirl
03-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I had the same question actually, since I'll be there for Saturday's Sox/Tigers game. I'm don't doubt that Detroit is a dump...

I don't mean to hijack the thread by any means, but for those of you that have been to Motown, do you know of any decent sports bars near the park? Since the Final Four is on Saturday, I'd like to catch at least the end of the first of the two games before the long drive back to Chicago. Thanks.

We went to Cheli's Chili a couple years ago when we roadtripped up to Detroit for the Sox series. It's right near the ballpark and has plenty of TVs and a good selection of food. Beyond that, I don't know what to suggest. :redface:

Huisj
03-30-2008, 11:16 PM
The park itself is beautiful. I've gone to numerous games there over the years, usually when the Sox are there but occasionally for other games too, and I've always enjoyed the stadium. I go to games by myself sometimes, and for the most part, I've found the fans fairly knowledgeable and friendly to me as long as I was friendly to them too.

LoveYourSuit
03-31-2008, 12:16 AM
The park itself is beautiful. I've gone to numerous games there over the years, usually when the Sox are there but occasionally for other games too, and I've always enjoyed the stadium. I go to games by myself sometimes, and for the most part, I've found the fans fairly knowledgeable and friendly to me as long as I was friendly to them too.

I 2nd that!

Stadium is perhaps the nicest one within our division, food not great, but their giant beer cups are awesome (32 OZ I beleive).

I haven't gone up there now that Tigers are good, so I don't know if the fans are different with a fulll ballpark compared to when I would go up there with only 15K in attendance.

The "Tiger Den" seats in the last rows of the lower deck are perhaps the best seats in that park .

doublem23
03-31-2008, 01:28 AM
:dunno:

There's a merry-go-round.