PDA

View Full Version : Don't Look Now: Andy Gonzalez

Brian26
03-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Andy Gonzalez hit a clutch grand slam for the Indians today. The Tampa Bay announcers could not stop raving about him, and they said the Indians really like him for his versatility. He leads the Indians in Spring Training in HRs (5) and RBIs (17). He played 1B today, but he's apparently played six different positions for them this this spring and is a lock for the Opening Day roster.

:scratch:

DumpJerry
03-27-2008, 06:37 PM
It's an impostor!

dickallen15
03-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Go to baseballcube.com. See Valdez, Wilson. Look up his spring training stats with the Dodgers in 2007. Then look at his stats during the regular season. Then stop feeling the Sox missed the boat when they let Andy go. He is not a good baseball player.

btrain929
03-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Andy Gonzalez hit a clutch grand slam for the Indians today. The Tampa Bay announcers could not stop raving about him, and they said the Indians really like him for his versatility. He leads the Indians in Spring Training in HRs (5) and RBIs (17). He played 1B today, but he's apparently played six different positions for them this this spring and is a lock for the Opening Day roster.

So pitchers mistaked him for a A-ball kid, and threw him cockshots down the middle and he got lucky. This might have been the best thing for us. Let CLE get their hopes up on how they found a diamond in the rough, and let him play every inning when they face us or try to pinch hit in a tough situation. It should result in us beating them by scoring about 4 unearned runs a game because of his fielding.

It'll be glorrrrrious!

Gregory Pratt
03-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Go to baseballcube.com. See Valdez, Wilson. Look up his spring training stats with the Dodgers in 2007. Then look at his stats during the regular season. Then stop feeling the Sox missed the boat when they let Andy go. He is not a good baseball player.

This is the correct answer.

Brian26
03-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Then stop feeling the Sox missed the boat when they let Andy go. He is not a good baseball player.

Show me where I said he was a good baseball player or wished he was still on the Sox.

oeo
03-27-2008, 06:50 PM
When he was first called up last year, he was playing well, too.

The guy sucks, though. He's been terrible throughout his career; I doubt he's going to suddenly turn it on.

Hopefully he plays third base next week and has a typical 5 error game.

Over By There
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Hopefully the Tribe play him at third.

Lip Man 1
03-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Hopefully he's in the lineup next week and stinks the joint up, throws balls into the stands, strikes out a lot...EXACTLY what he did last year for the Sox.

He is a bad baseball player. Period. End of story.

Lip

LoveYourSuit
03-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Hawk was raving about Andy late last season which makes me laugh because he raves just about anyone who puts on a Sox jersey.

getonbckthr
03-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Hawk was raving about Andy late last season which makes me laugh because he raves just about anyone who puts on a Sox jersey.
Hawk sells the product and the organization. Whats wrong with that?

Brian26
03-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Hawk sells the product and the organization.

:hawk
"You're dadgum right I do."

champagne030
03-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Hawk sells the product and the organization. Whats wrong with that?

Well, hard to take him seriously when he says something....Not that many people do. :?:

He's not much different that the thing that owns the other team in town. :shrug:

DSpivack
03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Well, hard to take him seriously when he says something....Not that many people do. :?:

He's not much different that the thing that owns the other team in town. :shrug:

He's an employee of the team. Do you think it smart policy to rip on your employer?

champagne030
03-27-2008, 09:57 PM
He's an employee of the team. Do you think it smart policy to rip on your employer?

No, but that doesn't mean I need to make up crap and tell everyone that our **** doesn't stink.

peelwonder
03-27-2008, 11:02 PM
How is anything in spring training considered clutch?

cws05champ
03-27-2008, 11:16 PM
This is great news!!! I hope he plays all over the place and plays a lot! That means the Indians will have had many injuries and they are scraping by with him in the lineup. Good for us!!

DumpJerry
03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
This is great news!!! I hope he plays all over the place and plays a lot! That means the Indians will have had many injuries and they are scraping by with him in the lineup. Good for us!!
Are you counting the injuries to the people sitting behind First Base in the lower rows?

FedEx227
03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
How is anything in spring training considered clutch?

Yeah I thought that was funny. CLUTCH?! The pressure was truly on in this last week of Spring Training.

Tragg
03-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Gonzalez is a utility player; but the Sox were playing him basically every day, which makes his flaws all too apparent.

I hope the Indians play him every day.

Huisj
03-28-2008, 12:19 AM

Exactly, because didn't he have pretty much all of his hits for last season during one series at Tampa Bay? I think he had like 5 or 6 RBIs that series.

Optipessimism
03-28-2008, 02:11 AM
One man's trash is another man's Andy Gonzalez I guess.

That said, I hope he does well for the Tribe just not against the Sox. Last year was horrible and he obviously had something mental going on with all those errant throws, but I felt bad for him. There have been Sox players in the past who sucked and yet acted as if they could do no wrong, but Andy wasn't like that. He didn't blame anyone and just kept on going out there trying his best, which is a better man's worst, but still. He never made me sick to my stomach like Erstad did. God, Erstad still pisses me off. Anyway, the guy was dead last on the depth chart and should have never touched the field in the first place. I actually appreciate Andy's dismal efforts because not only did his throws make for some awesome jokes but he also helped tack on a few extra losses in meaningless games to an already ****ed Sox team. And unlike Gavin Floyd, Nick Masset, Joe Crede, Juan Uribe, Jerry Owens, Jose Contreras, and Mike MacDougal, he isn't even on the team threatening to throw games away anymore. So, thanks for contributing to the draft pick Andy, and good luck in the future.

IceczMan
03-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Checking out the Indians website and he's not listed on the depth chart or on the active roster. Too bad. :(:

turners56
03-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Lol Andy Gonzalez. The Indians will always have one crappy spot in that outfield until they get some money and sign a good outfielder.

Bump34
03-28-2008, 10:02 PM

Couldn't have been the TB announcers... we weren't there... but there must be something about the Rays... because it sure was Gonzo time a lot last season when the White Sox swept the Rays at the Trop...

Chicken Dinner
03-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Checking out the Indians website and he's not listed on the depth chart or on the active roster. Too bad. :(:

He was a non-roster invitee.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=462413

sullythered
03-29-2008, 03:25 PM
One man's trash is another man's Andy Gonzalez I guess.

That said, I hope he does well for the Tribe just not against the Sox. Last year was horrible and he obviously had something mental going on with all those errant throws, but I felt bad for him. There have been Sox players in the past who sucked and yet acted as if they could do no wrong, but Andy wasn't like that. He didn't blame anyone and just kept on going out there trying his best, which is a better man's worst, but still. He never made me sick to my stomach like Erstad did. God, Erstad still pisses me off. Anyway, the guy was dead last on the depth chart and should have never touched the field in the first place. I actually appreciate Andy's dismal efforts because not only did his throws make for some awesome jokes but he also helped tack on a few extra losses in meaningless games to an already ****ed Sox team. And unlike Gavin Floyd, Nick Masset, Joe Crede, Juan Uribe, Jerry Owens, Jose Contreras, and Mike MacDougal, he isn't even on the team threatening to throw games away anymore. So, thanks for contributing to the draft pick Andy, and good luck in the future.

Andy Gonzalez doesn't even slightly compare to most of the guys you listed. He was the worst player, by far, on a terrible team. I'll give you Masset. Floyd too, probably, but at least he has a chance to be OK. Everybody else has had some success at the major league level, some of them a hell of a lot of success. Andy Gonzalez is a .185 hitter who made three errors in one inning.

I'm sure he's a swell guy, but I think my grandmother would feel bad about failing on the field. I don't think that means she belongs on a Major League roster. Andy Gonzalez would have done exponentially more damage to the Sox this year than anybody on your list. He is, quite literally, one of the worst baseball players I have ever seen get regular time on a major league roster in my twenty or so years watching the sport.

Brian26
03-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Couldn't have been the TB announcers... we weren't there...

I went back and checked the Gameday feed, and, as I thought, it said WTAM broadcasted the game. I just assumed this was a Tampa Bay station since it was Cleveland vs. Tampa Bay. Makes sense, right? WTAM would be Tampa Bay?

No- WTAM is a station from Cleveland. :thud: :whiteflag:

santo=dorf
03-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Brian,
I know you have $3 to spare.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANDY-GONZALEZ-07-FUTURE-STARS-AUTO-AUTOGRAPH-WHITE-SOX_W0QQitemZ270224021227QQihZ017QQcategoryZ149903 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:tongue:

pierzynski07
03-31-2008, 12:19 AM
He didn't make the team.

WhiteSox5187
03-31-2008, 01:27 AM
He didn't make the team.
Damn it!!!