PDA

View Full Version : Singleton's First Appearance on Baseball Tonight

kevingrt
03-27-2008, 04:02 PM
I believe this afternoon was his first appearance on Baseball Tonight. He is with Karl Ravech and Tim K. He's doing a decent job so far. Nothing out of the ordinary for him. I wish him super success on with the network.

LoveYourSuit
03-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I believe this afternoon was his first appearance on Baseball Tonight. He is with Karl Ravech and Tim K. He's doing a decent job so far. Nothing out of the ordinary for him. I wish him super success on with the network.

He looks real good on TV and sounds so much better.

Farmio just makes everyone sound bad.

FireMariotti
03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh great, because Chris spent so many years in Chicago, guess who they are going to ask him about. Hint: Not the White Sox:rolleyes:

getonbckthr
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I like Tim Kurkjian. Anyone here him on Mike & Mike this morning? He dazzled us with this opening statement. "If a Bear was standing at the 50 yard line and Devin Hester caught a ball at the goal line could he make it past the Bear?" No there wasn't a punchline like "yes because he has 10 more bears blocking." He actually sounded like he was seriously interested in this. Let me find the link hold on. I was laughing.

Brian26
03-27-2008, 06:36 PM

Oh please. Singleton sounded bad on his own. He was a deer-in-headlights for two years trying to call major league baseball on the radio and a colossal disappointment in every sense. Farmer didn't make Rooney sound bad for the fifteen years they were together, nor has he made Stone sound bad so far.

Singleton seems like a good guy, so I hope he does well on tv.

chisoxjtrain
03-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I like Tim Kurkjian. Anyone here him on Mike & Mike this morning? He dazzled us with this opening statement. "If a Bear was standing at the 50 yard line and Devin Hester caught a ball at the goal line could he make it past the Bear?" No there wasn't a punchline like "yes because he has 10 more bears blocking." He actually sounded like he was seriously interested in this. Let me find the link hold on. I was laughing.

As do I. I thought it was hilarious that he is in an Umpire Fantasy League.

thedudeabides
03-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh please. Singleton sounded bad on his own. He was a deer-in-headlights for two years trying to call major league baseball on the radio and a colossal disappointment in every sense. Farmer didn't make Rooney sound bad for the fifteen years they were together, nor has he made Stone sound bad so far.

Agreed. I can't believe how much blind hate for Farmer there is on this site. I thought he was great with Rooney. Let's face it Singleton was aweful. Farmer is not a broadcaster by trade, it had to be difficult for him to work with Chris.

Phil Bradley
03-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Agreed. I can't believe how much blind hate for Farmer there is on this site. I thought he was great with Rooney. Let's face it Singleton was aweful. Farmer is not a broadcaster by trade, it had to be difficult for him to work with Chris.

I wouldn't say it's blind hate. I think everyone's fed up with the self-serving stories about the second coming of Cy Young, aka his mediocre career, his golf game, what he ate for dinner, his wife, golf, weather systems, what fans are eating, golf, Ruffled Feathers, and other bits of crap that I don't want to hear about during a Sox game. Ed needs to write a column for The Star called "The Way I See It" by Ed Farmer. Maybe then he'd actually broadcast, I don't know, the baseball game. I think it's difficult for anyone to work with Ed. Singleton must be thinking "this is what professional broadcasts sound like."

turners56
03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
In a way, Singleton got a better job than he had last year.

LoveYourSuit
03-28-2008, 01:10 AM

Easy now... I was just picking on Farmio like eveyone does, even the Score hosts.

But in reality,
I can guarantee had Singleton broken in with a guy like Rooney doing pay by play, the pressure would have been much less for him since Rooney is real smooth at what he does. The big mistake the Sox and Score made was to have practicaly two guys both doing jobs they didn't do before - Farmio full time play by play (from being color man) and Singleton color (from being a player).

soxfan21
03-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Saw him on it last night, didn't do too bad. Hopefully he is on pretty often and does a good job.

skottyj242
03-28-2008, 10:21 AM
He looks real good on TV and sounds so much better.

So Rooney was bad?