PDA

View Full Version : Gordo strikes again!

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 02:32 PM
8. Who's the most unpopular GM in the game this week?
Gord Ash of the Blue Jays, whose indecision frustrated several teams.

Ash had agreed to send Stewart to Colorado in a straight-up deal for Astacio, but backed out, saying he didn't have the pitcher's medical records.But Ash had examined Astacio's records last summer when he was interested in dealing for him and the right-hander hasn't missed a start since.

By all accounts, Ash was afraid to make a bad deal. Already under pressure in Toronto for the David Wells-Mike Sirotka fiasco, Ash apparently figured that no deal was better than another bad one.

WindyCityHusker
08-02-2001, 02:51 PM
Why is the Sirotka - Wells deal still considered so bad for Toronto?? They have an under 30 pitcher who has a good chance of coming back from his injury, and it's not like he was a bad pitcher before. And we now have an injured Wells who wont be back with the team next year....hmmmm

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 02:54 PM
Why is the Sirotka - Wells deal still considered so bad for Toronto?? They have an under 30 pitcher who has a good chance of coming back from his injury, and it's not like he was a bad pitcher before. And we now have an injured Wells who wont be back with the team next year....hmmmm

Well first off that little article I posted was from ESPN and they are not always the smartest people. Secondly I think they were talking from an egg on the face point of view. If Ash makes that deal and somehow Astacio comes to Toronto hurt how bad would Ash look then?

WindyCityHusker
08-02-2001, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

If Ash makes that deal and somehow Astacio comes to Toronto hurt how bad would Ash look then?

:dumbash
Yeah!! So you're saying I don't look the worst I can right now! Yes! I guess I don't need Jenny Craigs after all!

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 03:01 PM
Yeah!! So you're saying I don't look the worst I can right now! Yes! I guess I don't need Jenny Craigs after all!

Uh....Yes that is exactly what I was trying to say.