PDA

View Full Version : Teachers' Coupons

sbsox
03-26-2008, 08:17 PM
I just got this years teachers coupons in the mail. I am not complaining about getting the coupons, but I am curious if anybody elses gets these sent to them unsolicited by the sox... I am not a teacher nor have I ever asked the soxs about the teachers program, yet this is the third year in a row I have received the coupons.

chisoxmike
03-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I got them last year, and I am not a teacher. Talk about deep discounts!!!! $8 for lower box seats...:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

dakuda
03-26-2008, 08:40 PM
We used to get them in the mailboxes at work.

I am afraid my new school is too small to show up on their radar. No discount for me this year. :(:

chisoxfanatic
03-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I've never been mailed those coupons; but, my school's baseball coach always has a stack of them. They mail them to our athletic director.

TornLabrum
03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
I got mine in the mail yesterday, and I AM a teacher. Now if any of you who aren't teachers would like to send them to someone who IS a teacher....

dakuda
03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
I've never been mailed those coupons; but, my school's baseball coach always has a stack of them. They mail them to our athletic director.

We don't have an athletic director. :angry:

soxlady8
03-27-2008, 12:17 AM
I teach at a school two BLOCKS away from US CELLULAR (for 8 years now- first grade teacher for the Chicago Public School System )
and I never ever got any information on discounts.
WEIRD !!!
If anyone wants to send one to me .. let me know .. or can tell me how I can get my hands on one that would be super !

ChiSoxGirl
03-27-2008, 01:00 AM
We've been on Spring Break since Mar. 20 and go back to school on the 31st, so hopefully the teacher coupons will be sitting on the table in the faculty room! The advantage of teaching in the northwest suburbs is that only one other teacher at my school is a Sox fan, so I usually grab a whole stack of the coupons. :wink:

TornLabrum
03-27-2008, 09:00 AM
I teach at a school two BLOCKS away from US CELLULAR (for 8 years now- first grade teacher for the Chicago Public School System )
WEIRD !!!
If anyone wants to send one to me .. let me know .. or can tell me how I can get my hands on one that would be super !

Call the Sox and let them know. I have no idea why they started sending them to my home last year, but they've been doing it since.

Cat Thief
03-27-2008, 09:06 AM
If anyone can spare any let me know.

Please and Thank You.

Sad
03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
yep
got em again this year...

alohafri
03-27-2008, 10:32 AM
My school only got 3 pairs of coupons. Luckily, the secretary knows who the biggest Sox fans are!:bandance:

WizardsofOzzie
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
We've been on Spring Break since Mar. 20 and go back to school on the 31st, so hopefully the teacher coupons will be sitting on the table in the faculty room! The advantage of teaching in the northwest suburbs is that only one other teacher at my school is a Sox fan, so I usually grab a whole stack of the coupons. :wink:
A whole stack you say? :D:

johnr1note
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Call the Sox and let them know. I have no idea why they started sending them to my home last year, but they've been doing it since.

Who would we contact? My wife is a teacher, and there are many Sox fans at the school she works at.

TornLabrum
03-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Who would we contact? My wife is a teacher, and there are many Sox fans at the school she works at.

I always start with Brooks Boyer. He can direct you to the right person. (If you're reading this, Brooks, I'm sorry....)

soxfan13
03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I just went to the box office yesterday to pick up my opening day tickets and a lady in front of me was redeeming the discounts. She got 3 games 10 tickets total for 52 dollars. BUT it took her about a half hour because best available wasnt good enough for her."too far from the field" she would say. She finally ended up in the upper deck but 15th row. The agent was very patient but you could she that she was biting her tongue very very hard:redneck

Frankfan4life
03-30-2008, 12:38 AM
WEIRD !!!
If anyone wants to send one to me .. let me know .. or can tell me how I can get my hands on one that would be super !I have a few I can spare. Also, if you are a CPS teacher, contact the Chicago Teachers Union, ask for Nick Cannella.

South Side Irish
04-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Tonight's game was day for the teacher vouchers. Any idea if they'll be good on the make-up day. We had intended to buy tickets once we got down there, but obviously didn't. I'll call the Box Office in the morning, but just thought I'd ask if anyone knew.

Reef94
04-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I would be happy to pass mine onto a deserving teacher, let me know if you are interested. I will even ship them for free. :D:

Frontman
04-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Like a lot of the promotions, things can easily get over-looked. Last year our Post Office only got word with a few weeks before Postal Employee Appreciation Night because I emailed the Sox about it.

Bobby Thigpen
04-11-2008, 07:04 PM
What are the other nights for the Teacher's Coupons this year?

The Critic
04-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I help my kid with her homework.....that's KIND OF teaching.....
:D:

South Side Irish
04-11-2008, 08:54 PM
What are the other nights for the Teacher's Coupons this year?

May Something
August Something

Isn't that specific?:redneck

I did call the Box Office today, and they'll honor the vouchers on 6/9. That's a lot better for me - we'll be in summer school by then. Out at Noon, in the park by One!:bandance::bandance::gulp::bandance::bandance:

asg2003ws2005
04-12-2008, 01:17 AM
may 21 - indians
june 9th - twins
aug 13th- royals

South Side Irish
04-12-2008, 09:16 AM
may 21 - indians
june 9th - twins
aug 13th- royals

Thank you! I was too lazy last night to get off my ass and look at my vouchers

soxfanreggie
04-12-2008, 11:33 AM
I think it's great that the Sox do these things for the teachers, especially because it's easier for some of them to make weekday trips up there during the summer. I hope these nights sell out, even if it takes non-teachers using these discounts to do so.