PDA

View Full Version : Brewers' Radio announcers

Whitesox029
03-26-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm sitting here listening to the Brewers' announcers because the Sox are doing the stupid interactive braodcast thing where you don't get to hear the game, and these two, especially the PbP man, have the worst deliveries for baseball announcers. It sounds like I'm listening to a children's book on tape, not to mention it's hard to tell what's going on...
"Mota throws a strike right down the middle...
[5 second pause]
Looks like a strike, smells like a strike, but not called a strike...so the count is 1-1."
:rolleyes:
Never thought I'd consider myself lucky to be able to listen to Farmer do play-by-play.

cheezheadsoxfan
03-26-2008, 05:24 PM
I work with a Brewers fan who loves to listen to Farmer and Singleton (now Stone). You just explained why.:rolleyes:

pierzynski07
03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
You're talking about Mr. Baseball, Bob Uecker, right?

Sockinchisox
03-26-2008, 10:34 PM
You're talking about Mr. Baseball, Bob Uecker, right?

Ya, I'm lost, I like Uecker.

pierzynski07
03-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Besides, there's nothing wrong with the play you described. It was apparently a bad call, and he was waiting for the strike call, which never came.

I want Mags back
03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
I luv listening to Uecker

ComiskeyBrewer
03-27-2008, 02:00 AM
I'm sitting here listening to the Brewers' announcers because the Sox are doing the stupid interactive braodcast thing where you don't get to hear the game, and these two, especially the PbP man, have the worst deliveries for baseball announcers. It sounds like I'm listening to a children's book on tape, not to mention it's hard to tell what's going on...
"Mota throws a strike right down the middle...
[5 second pause]
Looks like a strike, smells like a strike, but not called a strike...so the count is 1-1."
:rolleyes:
Never thought I'd consider myself lucky to be able to listen to Farmer do play-by-play.

Did you seriously just knock Bob Uecker(not to mention Jim Powell, who is a very good announcer in his own right)? Listen to a couple regular season games and i think you will change your mind. Had you said the TV announcers, i would agree. But to say Uecker is a bad announcer based off of a spring training game is (IMO) pretty dumb.

harwar
03-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Bob Uecker has been around forever.I say thank you for every game that i get to hear him call and i think that Uke and Jim are one of THE best teams out there.
He gave up an opportunity to star in a television series a few years ago and came back here to Wisconsin because he missed baseball.
After Rooney left the White Sox i was just devastated and listening to Uke and Jim really helped to fill a hole that was left when John went to St. Louis.

KenBerryGrab
03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
It was not Uecker, nor Powell. It was their TV guys, Bill Schroeder and a new, green PBP announcer.

jackbrohamer
03-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Bob Uecker has been around forever.I say thank you for every game that i get to hear him call and i think that Uke and Jim are one of THE best teams out there.

Agreed, listening to Uecker is a great pleasure and I try to get TMJ on the radio when I'm driving when the Brewers play

pierzynski07
03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
It was not Uecker, nor Powell. It was their TV guys, Bill Schroeder and a new, green PBP announcer.
Ah, the other, other Brian Anderson.

PatK
03-27-2008, 01:52 PM
If I learned anything since getting XM two years ago, it's that most announcing teams are terrible.

We really got spoiled having Rooney and Farmio all those years.

Phil Bradley
03-27-2008, 02:03 PM
If I learned anything since getting XM two years ago, it's that most announcing teams are terrible.

We really got spoiled having Rooney all those years.

Fixed it for you

asg2003ws2005
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
uecker is a very no-nonsense PBP guy.

COMPLETELY unlike Harry Doyle in Major League.

Rockin Robin
03-27-2008, 03:00 PM
"Oh don't worry, nobody's listening anyway."

KenBerryGrab
03-27-2008, 04:06 PM
uecker is a very no-nonsense PBP guy.

Um, not really. I hear him a lot, living in this state, and he gets off track a great deal. He'll get caught up in stories and ignore action. It's usually pretty enjoyable, but he's a long way from "no-nonsense."

asg2003ws2005
03-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Um, not really. I hear him a lot, living in this state, and he gets off track a great deal. He'll get caught up in stories and ignore action. It's usually pretty enjoyable, but he's a long way from "no-nonsense."read the part you DIDNT quote.....

ComiskeyBrewer
03-27-2008, 07:46 PM

AH, my mistake. Those guys suck so hard it's crazy. When i watch brewer games, i mute the TV and use the radio for the PBP. MUCH more enjoyable.