PDA

View Full Version : Park and Ride?

southsidesoxfan1
03-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Last year the Sox had started a park and ride program, where you can park in lot A as early as 6am Monday-Friday and ride the train into work. I searched their site for any info for it this year, and couldn't find a thing other than last years info.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/park_ride.jsp

Reading the page from last year, I'm assuming they only did it during the summer. I was hoping to maybe take advantage of it for a game on April 11th.

My question is, are they planning to do this again this year or have they abandoned the idea because too few people took advantage of it?

Has anybody tried this last year? If so, how was it riding in on the Red line to the loop that early in the morning. I picture it being pretty crammed.

Harry Potter
03-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I actually emailed my rep about it this week and he said that as far as he's heard, they are still having Park and Ride this year.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide_dir.jsp#park-ride
Since the blurb states that Cash Parking of $22 will be accepted (new cash rate for 2008), I'm thinking it's still in play.

In the past, they've had Park and Ride for the entire season, not just the summer (I've used it as early as Opening Day) This will be the third year I use it to/from work on game days.

It's a nice little "secret" that not too many people take advantage of each game.

southsidesoxfan1
03-27-2008, 10:14 AM
I actually emailed my rep about it this week and he said that as far as he's heard, they are still having Park and Ride this year.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide_dir.jsp#park-ride
Since the blurb states that Cash Parking of $22 will be accepted (new cash rate for 2008), I'm thinking it's still in play.

In the past, they've had Park and Ride for the entire season, not just the summer (I've used it as early as Opening Day) This will be the third year I use it to/from work on game days.

It's a nice little "secret" that not too many people take advantage of each game.

Thanks for the info Harry Plopper! I was wondering, do they just have a parking attendant guy just standing out there? What's the earliest you gone? Isn't lot A where they park all the buses and how's it getting out of that lot at the end of the game? Also, do you take the red line into work from there, if so, is it crazy packed? I would either take a cab or jump on the green line if thats any better.

Thanks for the info!

skottyj242
03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
If you're going to a packed game, try parking in Chinatown and taking the Red Line downtown then to the game.

lockportsox
03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Every time I used Park and Ride last year the attendant was there by 7:45 when I arrived. Super-easy ride into town on the Red line. Super easy exit after the game--the buses are all still loading and you can zip right out. This is one of the best things about parking there!

One tip: be sure to enter the lot through the gate nearest 35th--that's where the attendant is. He sits in his car and comes over to you when you arrive. The one closer to 33rd leads to ITT parking.

southsidesoxfan1
03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Every time I used Park and Ride last year the attendant was there by 7:45 when I arrived. Super-easy ride into town on the Red line. Super easy exit after the game--the buses are all still loading and you can zip right out. This is one of the best things about parking there!

One tip: be sure to enter the lot through the gate nearest 35th--that's where the attendant is. He sits in his car and comes over to you when you arrive. The one closer to 33rd leads to ITT parking.

Thanks for the low down! I think I'll be giving it a shot in a couple of weeks.:bandance:

#1swisher
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
This is new to me too! Thanks.