PDA

View Full Version : What's the "regular" batting order?

bruno1445
03-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Now that the 25-man roster has been pretty well set with respect to position players (for now at least, with Crede still here and Owens on the DL), what do you think the "regular" batting order will be? (Not that Ozzie ever sticks with a consistent order, anyway). My guess is:

Swisher LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
AJ C
Crede 3B
Uribe 2B
Anderson CF

Carolina Kenny
03-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Now that the 25-man roster has been pretty well set with respect to position players (for now at least, with Crede still here and Owens on the DL), what do you think the "regular" batting order will be? (Not that Ozzie ever sticks with a consistent order, anyway). My guess would is:

Swisher LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
AJ C
Crede 3B
Uribe 2B
Anderson CF

A better would be to ask how many different lineups Ozzie will use this year.

sox1970
03-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Next wednesday, I could see this:

Ramirez CF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Swisher LF
Crede 3b
Pierzynski C
Uribe 2B

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-26-2008, 02:07 PM

Ramirez CF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Swisher LF
Crede 3b
Pierzynski C
Uribe 2B

That's what I was going to say. I expect something like that at least until Owens returns.

UofCSoxFan
03-26-2008, 02:35 PM
That's what I was going to say. I expect something like that at least until Owens returns.

I think this is our most solid lineup, although I'm not sure they would put Alexi at the top until they are sure he can consistently hit major league pitching. I haven't seen many ST games this year but the knock on Alexi seems to be his ability to hit the curve ball. However, you put him in the leadoff sport, he should see plenty of fastballs.

Jerko
03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
with owens

Owens CF
Cabrera SS
Thome dh
PK 1b
Dye rf
Swisher lf
Joe 3b
AJ C
Juan 2b

without owens

Swisher LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
PK 1b
JD rf
Joe 3b
AJ C
Juan 2b
BA cf

Of course you will have your subs in there 2 or 3 times a week, or your mighty all-righty lineup, but as for a "regular" lineup I guess those are my choices.

btrain929
03-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Now that the 25-man roster has been pretty well set with respect to position players (for now at least, with Crede still here and Owens on the DL), what do you think the "regular" batting order will be? (Not that Ozzie ever sticks with a consistent order, anyway). My guess is:

Swisher LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
AJ C
Crede 3B
Uribe 2B
Anderson CF

1-5: extremely dangerous
6-9: potentially very ****ty

PorkChopExpress
03-26-2008, 03:22 PM
with owens

Owens CF
Cabrera SS
Thome dh
PK 1b
Dye rf
Swisher lf
Joe 3b
AJ C
Juan 2b

Swap Dye and Swisher, and then swap Joe and AJ, and you could have L-R-L-R-S-R-L-R-R, and you know how much Ozzie likes the L-R orders, and batting AJ higher in the order than he should be.

Noneck
03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Swisher LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
AJ C
Crede 3B
Uribe 2B
Anderson CF

If this is it, that is one mule train fast lineup.

bigdommer
03-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Me thinks that Ozzie would find plenty of opportunities to start his boy Pablo between CF, 2B, and giving Joe's back some rest. For the fans who hate Ozzie's ever changing lineups, you might have a rough April.

sox1970
03-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Me thinks that Ozzie would find plenty of opportunities to start his boy Pablo between CF, 2B, and giving Joe's back some rest. For the fans who hate Ozzie's ever changing lineups, you might have a rough April.

You'll never see Ozuna in CF. You may never see him in LF this year either.

People are overreacting about Ozuna just because he's in the lineup on Monday.

cards press box
03-26-2008, 05:09 PM

Ramirez CF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Swisher LF
Crede 3b
Pierzynski C
Uribe 2B

I agree with this lineup with the possible exception that I might flip Dye and Swisher and Crede and Pierzynski to leave this lineup:

Ramirez CF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Swisher LF
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3b
Uribe 2B

Any thoughts?

Noneck
03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I agree with this lineup with the possible exception that I might flip Dye and Swisher and Crede and Pierzynski to leave this lineup:

Ramirez CF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Swisher LF
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3b
Uribe 2B

Any thoughts?
Clippity-Clop, Clippity-Clop

Frater Perdurabo
03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Swisher LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
AJ C
Crede 3B
Uribe 2B
Anderson CF

I like this lineup. Swisher may not be much of a threat to steal more than 10-15 bases (which I think he might do with Ozzie calling the spots), but he can go first to third on a single to right or score from first on a double. Same with Anderson out of the nine hole. Once Fields replaces Crede, that will add more first-to-third speed on the team. Overall it's not as slow as it looks.

cards press box
03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Clippity-Clop, Clippity-Clop

Well, it's not like I'm suggesting leaving Rickey Henderson or Tim Raines on the bench. Moreover, this proposed lineup alternates the left-handed and right-handed hitters and, thus, minimizes the Sox' GIDP's.

Sockinchisox
03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Ozzie has announced Swisher is going to be the lead off hitter while Owens is out. Ozuna will still bat lead off on Monday.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/03/swisher-takes-o.html

SCarolina_Ron
03-26-2008, 07:54 PM

Swisher LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
AJ C
Crede 3B
Uribe 2B
Anderson CF

Uh...the one's that eat the most bran?:cool:

Noneck
03-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, it's not like I'm suggesting leaving Rickey Henderson or Tim Raines on the bench. Moreover, this proposed lineup alternates the left-handed and right-handed hitters and, thus, minimizes the Sox' GIDP's.

Not your fault that the stable is full of mules.

kjhanson
03-26-2008, 08:46 PM
I haven't seen many ST games this year but the knock on Alexi seems to be his ability to hit the curve ball.

What is everyone's obsession with "hitting the curveball"? There's not one Major League hitter than can consistently hit a good curveball. Let's replace this phrase with "laying off the curveball". The only curveball you want to swing at is the one up in the zone.

Instead of saying "If only B.A./Juan/Ramirez could hit the curveball, he'd be a stud", we should be focusing a bit more on plate discipline.