PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City roll call, Sox vs. Rangers at Bricktown Ballpark, Friday, March 28

RadioheadRocks
03-24-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm there (in the "all you can eat" section) with a friend of mine from work and her family. We're in Section 102, row G, seats 5-8. :bandance:

DrCrawdad
03-25-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm there (in the "all you can eat" section) with a friend of mine from work and her family. We're in Section 102, row G, seats 5-8. :bandance:

Wish I could be there. IIRC the AAA all-star game was there a few years ago.

angiew
03-25-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm there with hubby and brother and sis in law!!!! We're in Sec 107...OMG I Can't Wait!!!:bandance:

jlim
03-25-2008, 11:15 AM
I'll be in section 113 with my girlfriend.

angiew
03-28-2008, 11:12 AM
OMG, what a crappy day!!! It was 84 degrees yesterday, but I think the gametime forcast is for right around 50 if we're lucky!:whiner: Oh, and now I wonder if Crede is going to play....since he hurt his damn foot yesterday.

I don't care though....The Sox are playing tonight and I'll be there with bells on!! WooHoo!!!:bandance:

jlim
03-29-2008, 03:27 AM
Great game, saw lots of Sox fans out there. :bandance:

Paulie had a great night, and that last play by Carrasco to end the game was awesome. Also nice to see Paul Phillips with that 2 run triple.

However, Toby Hall looked awful. He didn't throw any runners out, and looks very overweight. Overall though, it was a nice game, and awesome to see the Sox in the Sooner state.

angiew
03-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Great game, saw lots of Sox fans out there. :bandance:

Paulie had a great night, and that last play by Carrasco to end the game was awesome. Also nice to see Paul Phillips with that 2 run triple.

However, Toby Hall looked awful. He didn't throw any runners out, and looks very overweight. Overall though, it was a nice game, and awesome to see the Sox in the Sooner state.

Couldn't agree more!! Toby Hall was really bad...and I said the thing about his weight. I REALLY wish they would keep Phillips, IMO he won that game for us. Well...that and Paulie's HR.:cool: I gravitated toward some Sox fans too, and really enjoyed pissing off the Ranger fans with my cheering. LOL I was upset that Crede didn't play, but I was still pretty impressed with the team as a group. Uribe suprised me too. I hope they do this every year:cool:

RadioheadRocks
03-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Had a great time in the "all you can eat" section. Mainly Rangers fans where I was sitting but they weren't bad at all, and there were numerous Sox fans sprinkled throughout our area. Although the "all you can eat" wasn't anything special, it was pretty decent. Basically you had to present your ticket stub to have it marked, then you received a wristband. You had to go to the one concession stand area near Section 100 and were limited to two items each visit (hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, cotton candy), but that really wasn't bad either... the lines moved pretty quickly since each person simply requested their two items (so no one in front of you would want a complicated or huge order) and you didn't have anyone spending a lot of time fumbling around for money. They also had one of those self-serve fountains with several Pepsi products, so once you got your cup you were good to go.

Was great seeing the White Sox here in OKC, and Paulie really launched that homer! :bandance:

RadioheadRocks
03-31-2008, 04:08 AM
The only other thing I noticed at the game is that they had the Sox listed as "CHICA" on the baseline scoreboards for about the first four innings or so. I've seen our team abbreviated as either CHI or CWS, but that's the first time I've ever seen them referred to as "Chica".

About halfway through the game the scoreboards read "Chicago". Not sure why they weren't able to spell it out from the get-go. :scratch: