PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else HATE Josh Fields???

Soxfanspcu11
03-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I was just curious if anyone else out there HATES Josh Fields the way that I do.

I realize that "HATE" is a very strong word, but for me, it totally applies here. For some reason, I can NOT stand Josh Fields. I do indeed HATE him!

My reasons are because 1.I do not think that he is that good and that the Sox have put too much "Stock" in him to succeed at the Big League Level. 2.I LOVE Joe Crede, so I don't like the fact of someone else coming in and taking his job. I am not a moron and I do realize that Crede has been injured and is injury-prone and that the Sox must take that into consideration. However, I just don't like the fact that there is a possibility that Crede could essentially be "forced" out from his job. 3.As I said earlier, I don't believe that Fields is that good and aside from the Sox putting so much faith in him, I don't like him being a part of the team in ANY form. Talent wise, he is meh........average at best, IMHO. He is such a Streaky Hitter and I don't have a lot of Faith in his Defense as well. I remember a play last year in which a grounder was hit to him at Third and he fielded it cleanly however, he had no idea how many outs there were! So, he was going to throw the ball to home! Once he saw that AJ wasn't in position to recieve a throw at home, he held the ball in his hand as he went through the throwing motion. Recocked his arm, and threw to first, just BARELY getting the runner! I know that that is just one play and that he ended up getting the runner so it worked out, but something like that really just made me more pissed at him.

I dunno. I'm probably being too Harsh on him but whatever, that's just my opinion.

I'm also pissed that he has taken Pods old number! Not that I expect the Sox to retire Pods number or anything but I think it's just too soon. Too since since Pods left to have someone else use his number.

Of course I do not expect everyone else to agree with me but this is just my opinion. I hope that my hate for Fields does not overly upset anyone on here. I certainly do not want to get someone all worked up over it. I was just writting this because I was curious if there is anyone else out there who really does not like Fields as well. Your reasons do not have to be the same as mine, but if you just do not like him "in general". Please post whatever you feel, I would like to hear what you have to say! Take Care.:smile:

kittle42
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
What are your bases for your assertion that he is a streaky hitter? Why do you feel he is overvalued other than a "gut" feeling? No one will defend his defense, but you need more than one mental blunder. Also, you did nothing but lose any credibility with the Podsednik uniform number argument. Yikes.

In short, it just sounds to me like you are a Crede fan, and that it could be anyone short of Brooks Robinson or Alex Rodriguez pushing out Crede and you wouldn't like it.

soltrain21
03-24-2008, 05:23 PM
You capitalize weird words, and I don't really like that. I do, however, like Josh Fields.

kittle42
03-24-2008, 05:24 PM
You capitalize weird words, and I don't really like that. I do, however, like Josh Fields.

I let that go, as there was enough substance (or lack thereof) to bash him for.

JermaineDye05
03-24-2008, 05:36 PM
To answer your question, No I do not hate Josh Fields.

I don't really hate any of our players, I did used to hate Boone Logan for the longest time but now he "appears" to have figured it out. I did hate Billy Koch when he was with the team.

Lip Man 1
03-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Jermaine:

I'd wait a little before saying that Logan "has figured it out..."

I mean he's only blown three save chances this spring and his ERA is over six.

(I know...spring training doesn't mean anything...:rolleyes:)

Lip

JermaineDye05
03-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Jermaine:

I'd wait a little before saying that Logan "has figured it out..."

I mean he's only blown three save chances this spring and his ERA is over six.

(I know...spring training doesn't mean anything...:rolleyes:)

Lip

which is why I put appears in quotes :smile:

Madvora
03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
This has to be a joke. The fact that you are complaining about Fields barely getting a runner at first last year makes it obvious that you're just trying to get attention for yourself.

Well... congratulations. We're all impressed and very proud.

btrain929
03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
What are you, 7 years old?

"I don't like him having Pods' number, it's too soon..." ????
"He sucks at defense because of this one play last year...." ??????

You're calling Josh Fields a streaky hitter? What exactly would you call Joe Crede (don't even think about saying clutch)?? In his long MLB career, he's had 1 good postseason, and 1 good 2/3 of a regular season of COMPLETE BASEBALL (not just defense).

Maybe he would have helped his cause if he didnt bat under .100 for the majority of the spring.

Maybe he wouldn't be forced out of his position if him and his agent would have been open to an extension when he was approached in a terrible position with his back and having such uncertainty with his future.

Maybe he wouldn't be forced out of his position if he didn't stand 10 ft away from home plate and could actually hit a pitch on the outer half and/or put up an OBP over .3 ****ing 10.

Any faults you see in Josh as the White Sox 3B, you will see just as many in Crede. Put your '05 postseason boner away and realize he shouldn't be on this team. The only reason he is is because he has sucked so bad that nobody wants him. I wish we could have traded him to SF and let him rot away alongside AR.

Woosaah, woooooosaaaaaah. :D:

fquaye149
03-24-2008, 05:53 PM
That's harsh

chaerulez
03-24-2008, 05:55 PM
I hope this is a joke. This thread sucks.

pearso66
03-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Such weird reasons to hate Fields. Odd reasons to hate anyone if you ask me.

1. Crede is gone after the year, there are 2 reasons for this, one because his agent is Boras, and he will try to get a ton for him, and 2 because of his back. Unless he plays this whole year with the Sox without injury, you can't be sure that a back problem will not reappear. Now having Josh Fields may help with this decision, as the Sox may have overpaid for Joe if they didn't have Josh in the wings, but it's very possible they would have let him go anyway.

Fields seems to be a better offensive player already than Crede is. Sure Crede is better defensively, but there isn't any reason why Fields won't get better. Of course I don't believe he'll ever be the defensive player Crede is, but he will get better.

2. Who cares if he took Podsednik's number? Pods really had 1/2 of a good season for the Sox, that was it. After that he was injury prone, and couldn't run like he did in that first half season.

Domeshot17
03-24-2008, 05:58 PM
what a joke.

If you want to hate anyone for forcing Joe Crede out of Chicago, hate Joe himself (and Boras). There is the biggest reason he won't be here next year. He played the game well. For years he made Sox fans think it was team first money 2nd for him, even saying he would fire Boras if he had too. Then it comes out they told Kenny they want to test FA and won't even talk a long term deal. I like Joe as a baseball player, He is still one of my favorites, but that whole thing kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.

I don't blame Fields for coming in as a rookie and mashing the ball. More power to him. He will never have Joe's glove, but he will destroy Joe offensively. Crede was great for 1 playoff run and good for 3/4 of one season. We have never even had 1 full good year from him. 2006 was a breakout offensive year, and partly because of his back, but Captain Clutch hit about a buck seventy five as we tailed out of the playof race in August and September. It is not like Josh is replacing Chipper Jones.

So whats the morale of this story, you hate anyone who comes in and replaces our 1 hit wonder injury prone world series heroes? Crede, Pods, I bet you hate Swisher for filling the spot Aaron might have resigned to play or Javy because he took Aarons number!

pearso66
03-24-2008, 05:58 PM

You're calling Josh Fields a streaky hitter? What exactly would you call Joe Crede (don't even think about saying clutch)?? In his long MLB career, he's had 1 good postseason, and 1 good 2/3 of a regular season of COMPLETE BASEBALL (not just defense).

Maybe he would have helped his cause if he didnt bat under .100 for the majority of the spring.

Maybe he wouldn't be forced out of his position if him and his agent would have been open to an extension when he was approached in a terrible position with his back and having such uncertainty with his future.

Maybe he wouldn't be forced out of his position if he didn't stand 10 ft away from home plate and could actually hit a pitch on the outer half and/or put up an OBP over .3 ****ing 10.

Any faults you see in Josh as the White Sox 3B, you will see just as many in Crede. Put your '05 postseason boner away and realize he shouldn't be on this team. The only reason he is is because he has sucked so bad that nobody wants him. I wish we could have traded him to SF and let him rot away alongside AR.

I apologize to the initial poster if I am wrong, but it appears to me that said poster may be female. This is the exact same response that my sister, or some of her friends would give, because Crede and Pods are "hot". Heck my g/f is pissed that Garland is gone, not because he's a good pitcher, but that he was the "hottest" on the team.

Once again I apologize if I am wrong on this.

doublem23
03-24-2008, 06:04 PM
I like everyone that wears our pinstripes.

LoveYourSuit
03-24-2008, 06:10 PM
I was just curious if anyone else out there HATES Josh Fields the way that I do.

I realize that "HATE" is a very strong word, but for me, it totally applies here. For some reason, I can NOT stand Josh Fields. I do indeed HATE him!

My reasons are because 1.I do not think that he is that good ..............

It's all about opinion, but the word hate is a bit too strong for me.

As for you not thinking he is that good, I myself think Joe Crede is way over-rated also.

Both are good right now but not great, although the ceiling is much higher for Josh Fields than it is for Crede.

Don't be mad at the Sox for pushing Crede out the door, him and his agent are who to blame here as the Sox have tried to work a long term deal in more than one occasion according to reports.

southsideirish71
03-24-2008, 06:13 PM

My reasons are because 1.I do not think that he is that good and that the Sox have put too much "Stock" in him to succeed at the Big League Level. 2.I LOVE Joe Crede, so I don't like the fact of someone else coming in and taking his job. I am not a moron and I do realize that Crede has been injured and is injury-prone and that the Sox must take that into consideration. However, I just don't like the fact that there is a possibility that Crede could essentially be "forced" out from his job. 3.As I said earlier, I don't believe that Fields is that good and aside from the Sox putting so much faith in him, I don't like him being a part of the team in ANY form. Talent wise, he is meh........average at best, IMHO. He is such a Streaky Hitter and I don't have a lot of Faith in his Defense as well. I remember a play last year in which a grounder was hit to him at Third and he fielded it cleanly however, he had no idea how many outs there were! So, he was going to throw the ball to home! Once he saw that AJ wasn't in position to recieve a throw at home, he held the ball in his hand as he went through the throwing motion. Recocked his arm, and threw to first, just BARELY getting the runner! I know that that is just one play and that he ended up getting the runner so it worked out, but something like that really just made me more pissed at him.

I dunno. I'm probably being too Harsh on him but whatever, that's just my opinion.

I'm also pissed that he has taken Pods old number! Not that I expect the Sox to retire Pods number or anything but I think it's just too soon. Too since since Pods left to have someone else use his number.

Of course I do not expect everyone else to agree with me but this is just my opinion. I hope that my hate for Fields does not overly upset anyone on here. I certainly do not want to get someone all worked up over it. I was just writting this because I was curious if there is anyone else out there who really does not like Fields as well. Your reasons do not have to be the same as mine, but if you just do not like him "in general". Please post whatever you feel, I would like to hear what you have to say! Take Care.:smile:

I can't wait till Crede is traded just to stop the insanity from Crede's crew. That streaky hitter, hit .321 against lefties. You remember the preferred hand of a pitcher who shuts the sox down. And to state that you are upset because he took the number of Podsednik makes you sound foolish. This is one of the silliest posts I have seen on a message board, congrats.

EMachine10
03-24-2008, 06:14 PM
:threadrules:

I've always wanted to bust one of those out. :cool:

oeo
03-24-2008, 06:28 PM
:nuts:

This post is all over the place. Take a deep breath and try again.

munchman33
03-24-2008, 06:33 PM
:threadblows:

Dan Mega
03-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Hating Josh Fields for not making a fantastic play one time and taking Pods' number?

You can't be serious.

TDog
03-24-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't hate any Sox player. I wasn't fond of Jaime Navarro or Jose Canseco, but I still pulled for them to do well in a White Sox uniform. I pulled for Royce Clayton to do well when he came up to bat. I would have pulled for him from behind first base had he come in to pinch run on his last day with the White Sox, but he wasn't able to come into the game. As a kid, I came close to hating Ed Stroud. I also thought the White Sox could get by with Jorge Orta at third base.

By the same token, I don't applaud Frank Thomas when he homers against the White Sox.

I don't expect much out of Josh Fields, either with a bat or glove. I would love to be proven wrong if/when he plays for the White Sox.

goon
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't care what they may say
I don't care what they may do
I don't care what they may say

Josh is just alright with me
Josh is just alright, oh yeah

SOXSINCE'70
03-24-2008, 07:05 PM
I did hate Billy Koch when he was with the team.

I was no big fan of his,either.Especially after he gave up a game winning 3 run homer to Carl
Crawford at the "Juice Box":cower:on July 4,2003.

That was,by far,the crappiest July 4th weekend of my life as I was surrounded by sCrUBs fans.Hell,my brother
in law, a sCrUBS fatality for life,actually called Crawford's dinger before it occured. :angry:

RadioheadRocks
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
:threadsucks

03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
I got to chim in on the Pods # reference....are u serious? How did u feel when the beloved Aaron Rowand left and they gave Javy his number right away? U must have been in bed for weeks.

oeo
03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
I was no big fan of his,either.Especially after he gave up a game winning 3 run homer to Carl
Crawford at the "Juice Box":cower:on July 4,2003.

Minute Maid Park in Houston is actually referred to as, "The Juice Box."

WhiteSox5187
03-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Well, before this thread gets closed, here are my thoughts on Fields...he's got a world of talent and yea, he can easily be a guy who winds up hitting 30+ HRs but I don't think he's ever going to hit anywhere above .250 with an OBP around .300 (in the minors his K:BB ratio was about one to one, plate discipline is not part of his ball game) and I think his defense needs a lot of work, but I don't think an improvement is out of the question. I'm not 100% sold that Fields is going to wind up having a great career and will be a solid 3rd baseman in the mode of Ventura or even Crede, but I'm not opposed to giving him a shot either.

oeo
03-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Well, before this thread gets closed, here are my thoughts on Fields...he's got a world of talent and yea, he can easily be a guy who winds up hitting 30+ HRs but I don't think he's ever going to hit anywhere above .250 with an OBP around .300 (in the minors his K:BB ratio was about one to one, plate discipline is not part of his ball game) and I think his defense needs a lot of work, but I don't think an improvement is out of the question. I'm not 100% sold that Fields is going to wind up having a great career and will be a solid 3rd baseman in the mode of Ventura or even Crede, but I'm not opposed to giving him a shot either.

:lol:

You're basing your opinion off of minor league numbers...where do those numbers get you to this?

champagne030
03-24-2008, 08:17 PM

This post is not much better post than the OP. The goal for this season is to win and at this point Crede's defense is so much better than Josh's, that any possible improved offense from Josh isn't worth the downgrade in defense.

Now, if we're playing for the future and a prospect is available in return.......

Elephant
03-24-2008, 08:33 PM
If I had it my way, I'd kill every man who looked at me cockeyed.

ksimpson14
03-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Basically, he's saying he doesn't like Fields defense (he brought up one example, I don't see where he said that's the only bad play he saw...), thinks he's a streaky hitter, and would prefer/likes Crede, not as big a deal as you people are making it out to be...

OMG HE MADE AN OFF THE CUFF LITTLE JOKE ABOUT HIS NUMBER, LYNCH HIM!

gogosox16
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM

That's pretty harsh but your right.

Elephant
03-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Crede is a terrible hitter and has been every year except one (06). Even then he was a tertiary threat in our lineup, if that.

A career .259 .305 guy, now with a bad back. Even if he "returns to form," what are you gonna get for him? Not a helluva a lot. I say take whatever. It's addition by subtraction at this point. You're halting a possible superstar career.

Also, check out his baseball reference page. Did spcu sponsor it? :scratch:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/credejo01.shtml

sullythered
03-24-2008, 09:00 PM
I have only ever hated two White Sox: Jaime Navarro and Royce Clayton. I don't see that changing any time soon, sans us singing Barry Bonds or pulling Edgar Martinez out of retirement.

JB98
03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
I apologize to the initial poster if I am wrong, but it appears to me that said poster may be female. This is the exact same response that my sister, or some of her friends would give, because Crede and Pods are "hot". Heck my g/f is pissed that Garland is gone, not because he's a good pitcher, but that he was the "hottest" on the team.

LOL. This is a digression from the topic of the thread, but this post really amuses me because a close female friend of mine is threatening to become an Angels fan in the wake of the Garland trade.

At least I know I have a date for the weekend that LAA comes to town. :D:

gogosox16
03-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Crede is a terrible hitter and has been every year except one (06). Even then he was a tertiary threat in our lineup, if that.

A career .259 .305 guy, now with a bad back. Even if he "returns to form," what are you gonna get for him? Not a helluva a lot. I say take whatever. It's addition by subtraction at this point. You're halting a possible superstar career.

Yep. He has had one good year and that is still an average season. What ever we can to help us is a positive thing. Also Fields is going to be the future of the Sox for many years and he has proven he can hit major league pitching and deserves to be up here

sullythered
03-24-2008, 09:06 PM

Woa that thing, buddy. Josh is a .239/.309 guy. He's a "possible" not as good Adam Dunn without the OBP.

WhiteSox5187
03-24-2008, 09:08 PM
:lol:

You're basing your opinion off of minor league numbers...where do those numbers get you to this?
The K:BB ratio was from ESPN.com....the average and OBP weren't based off of minor league numbers, I think he's actually had a very high average in the minors. I'm just speculating as to what his numbers will be in the majors.

sullythered
03-24-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't dislike Josh Fields, but the massive overvaluing of him on this board is driving me nuts. I know, I know. Joe Crede stinks, and defense and being one of the most clutch hitters I've ever seen pale in comparison to OBP. But Josh Fields has never shown me superstar potential. He's looked like a guy who will probably be pretty good, and probably hit for pretty decent power. Last year he hit for power, didn't get on base, and struck out at an insane rate. He's never had a monster year in the minors, and his defense is Greg Nortonish.

Stop saying he's the future of the White Sox. If he is the future of the White Sox, the White Sox will be bad. Unless by "the future" you mean, like, the fifth best position player.

Daver
03-24-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't dislike Josh Fields, but the massive overvaluing of him on this board is driving me nuts. I know, I know. Joe Crede stinks, and defense and being one of the most clutch hitters I've ever seen pale in comparison to OBP. But Josh Fields has never shown me superstar potential. He's looked like a guy who will probably be pretty good, and probably hit for pretty decent power. Last year he hit for power, didn't get on base, and struck out at an insane rate. He's never had a monster year in the minors, and his defense is Greg Nortonish.

Stop saying he's the future of the White Sox. If he is the future of the White Sox, the White Sox will be bad. Unless by "the future" you mean, like, the fifth best position player.

That is not teal.

Please try again.

sullythered
03-24-2008, 09:23 PM
That is not teal.

Please try again.
I worked a thirteen hour shift today, gimme a break.

Daver
03-24-2008, 09:30 PM
I worked a thirteen hour shift today, gimme a break.

I did, I didn't whip out any of the teal police tags.

Dibbs
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
When is the last time a White Sox hitter had 24 HR and 69 RBI in his first 393 career at bats? Has it ever happened? I am not sure how good Josh will be, but I believe he will be a more productive hitter than Joe will ever be.

Daver
03-24-2008, 10:03 PM
When is the last time a White Sox hitter had 24 HR and 69 RBI in his first 393 career at bats? Has it ever happened? I am not sure how good Josh will be, but I believe he will be a more productive hitter than Joe will ever be.

So what?

Offense is not the only side of the game, you spend more time on the field than you do at the plate.

voodoochile
03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
So what?

Offense is not the only side of the game, you spend more time on the field than you do at the plate.

Ah, but you're almost guaranteed 4 chances a game at the plate. In addition, the vast majority of the plays any fielder sees are routine ones that any A Ball player could make.

Elephant
03-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Over 600 AB's, Fields projects to 36/105. Not too shabby for a rookie. The only concern is his strikeout rate.

His September was very good -- 14 walks, 23 strikeouts, .368 OBP and a .936 OPS.

His August wasn't very good -- 5 walks, 43 strikeouts, an abysmal .264 OBP and an .823 OPS. Yet his August was by far his best power month with 9 homers and 24 RBI.

He did look more polished at the end though for whatever that's worth. He's always gonna be a hacker, but a 45 home run guy can be a hacker, provided he can keep up that near 1 OPS.

WizardsofOzzie
03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
wow. Just wow

:threadblows:

TDog
03-24-2008, 10:59 PM

I don't know when the last time a Sox hitter put up such home run and runs batted in numbers in his firs 393 at bats. But I do know at least one Sox rookie in my lifetime has done better over that arbitrary span.

Ron Kittle hit 25 home runs and drove in 70 runs in his first 391 at bats.

Frank Thomas had a better career than Ron Kittle, but it looks like he had more than 500 official at bats before he hit his 25th home run.

spiffie
03-25-2008, 01:17 AM
So what?

The way the Sox pitching staff looks this year, I'd be mostly concerned with the fielding skills of the fans in the first few rows past the OF fences. All the turning around to watch balls go sailing will be hell on Crede's back.

HebrewHammer
03-25-2008, 01:24 AM

This is my favorite part of this post. Just when I was starting to get weary of Josh bashing, Soxfanspcu11 slips this gem into his post.

How dare he. It's not everyday a player like Scott Podsednik comes to an organization like the White Sox. There's only one 22 in my mind and it will never be Josh Fields.

I just hope no one takes Aaron Rowand's 33 or Shingo Takatsu's 10. It's just too soon. I still haven't taken off my black arm band.

In all seriousness, Josh Fields is young, cheap and completely healthy. Joe Crede is none of these things. Also, Joe does not appear to be very good at baseball right now. He may improve, he may not, but the fact that he has ZERO TRADE VALUE should be very telling.

TornLabrum
03-25-2008, 05:28 AM
When I read the first post in the thread, I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't written by bafiarocks.

Chez
03-25-2008, 08:11 AM
In my opinion, there's no reason to "hate" any Sox player unless they don't give you a 100% effort or are bad citizens. Neither description fits Josh Fields.

spawn
03-25-2008, 08:18 AM

I hate Carlos Quentin because he took Jon Garland's #20.:angry:
I hate Bobby Jenks because he took Carlos Lee's #45.:angry:
I REALLY hate Nick Swisher! How dare he take Magglio Ordonez #30!!!!!:angry:

However, I don't hate Josh Fields.

palehozenychicty
03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't blame Fields for coming in as a rookie and mashing the ball. More power to him. He will never have Joe's glove, but he will destroy Joe offensively. Crede was great for 1 playoff run and good for 3/4 of one season. We have never even had 1 full good year from him. 2006 was a breakout offensive year, and partly because of his back, but Captain Clutch hit about a buck seventy five as we tailed out of the playof race in August and September. It is not like Josh is replacing Chipper Jones.

Thank you. As much as I like Crede, he was never consistently good enough to be the perennial All-Star some had thought upon his arrival. Done deal. Let the Fields era begin.

skottyj242
03-25-2008, 08:55 AM
I don't really think Josh Fields is the man but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and want to see what he can do for a full season.

areilly
03-25-2008, 11:00 AM
The way the Sox pitching staff looks this year, I'd be mostly concerned with the fielding skills of the fans in the first few rows past the OF fences. All the turning around to watch balls go sailing will be hell on Crede's back.

Cheers to that.

:gulp:

grv1974
03-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm also pissed that he has taken Pods old number!

But remember, Pods had Valentin's old number. :wink:

UofCSoxFan
03-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Without bothering to read this thread, I feel compelled to respond to the original assertions made in the first post.

The reason for the Sox wanting to trade Crede has more to do with the fact that he will most certainly be gone next year and they want to get something for him while they can when they have a pretty good option beheind him. It has much less due to injury concerns or that they are forcing Fields into the lineup.

You also make it sound unusual that a team would want to get a first round pick, who has shown success at both the minors AND majors into the starting line up.

I don't know, but personally I love the jersey much more than any individual players. I like Crede a lot but also don't want to let him go for nothing when we have a good player ready to fill most if not all his role.

skottyj242
03-25-2008, 02:06 PM
http://content.pyzam.com/funnypics/b/pyzamemohoop.jpg

ChiWavDave
03-25-2008, 03:08 PM
I hate the use of the word "tertiary" when discussing baseball lineups. We are listing things we hate right?

ws05champs
03-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Actually, I hate Joe Crede because he uses the phrase "you know" too much in his interviews.

tick53
03-29-2008, 09:08 AM
No, I don't hate Josh.

Elephant
03-29-2008, 09:24 AM
I hate the use of the word "tertiary" when discussing baseball lineups. We are listing things we hate right?

Yeah it is rampant these days. :kukoo:

DONT YOU HATE WHEN PPL TALK ON THEYRE CELLPHONES!!?

SOXSINCE'70
03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Minute Maid Park in Houston is actually referred to as, "The Juice Box."

My mistake.So sorry.:redface:

Soxfanspcu11
03-31-2008, 11:58 PM
I let that go, as there was enough substance (or lack thereof) to bash him for.

Very Classy there guy!! You to MUST be SO VERY PROUD!!!

I say NUMEROUS times in the Thread that this Thread is not for people who like Fields. I specifically say how it is a Thread for others who do not like Josh Fields.

If you don't agree, why would you even bother responding? This Thread has NOTHING to do with you and your "great" opinion!:rolleyes:

What is it with some posters who feel that everything they say is right and if someone posts something that they don't agree with, they flip out.

I don't need to know too much more about you to know that you have some major issues.

Unless your the Moral Police, if you don't like it, change the channel!

kittle42
04-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Very Classy there guy!! You to MUST be SO VERY PROUD!!!

I say NUMEROUS times in the Thread that this Thread is not for people who like Fields. I specifically say how it is a Thread for others who do not like Josh Fields.

If you don't agree, why would you even bother responding? This Thread has NOTHING to do with you and your "great" opinion!:rolleyes:

What is it with some posters who feel that everything they say is right and if someone posts something that they don't agree with, they flip out.

I don't need to know too much more about you to know that you have some major issues.

Unless your the Moral Police, if you don't like it, change the channel!

And I hate when people make posts with completely outlandish "arguments" reminiscent of Billy Madison's speech on the Industrial Revolution and then finally return with the only retort being "The title of this thread should have alerted you to the fact that my comments were complete incoherent and unsupported bull****, so you shouldn't be able to criticize." Others here similarly pointed out how outlandish your drivel was. Label your thread whatever you want, but be prepared to have to defend your **** when you get called on it.

Your above retort also does nothing but personally attack me and the audacity that I would possibly disagree with your opinion. So good job. Also, it's "you're."

Also, here is the entirety of your first post:

You didn't really say several times that this thread is "for" people who hate Josh Fields. I mean, maybe you *think* you did, but since the rest of your post was fairly incoherent as well, I'll have to take your word on that.

Optipessimism
04-01-2008, 12:46 AM
And I hate when people make posts with completely outlandish "arguments" reminiscent of Billy Madison's speech on the Industrial Revolution and then finally return with the only retort being "The title of this thread should have alerted you to the fact that my comments were complete incoherent and unsupported bull****, so you shouldn't be able to criticize." Others here similarly pointed out how outlandish your drivel was. Label your thread whatever you want, but be prepared to have to defend your **** when you get called on it.

Your above retort also does nothing but personally attack me and the audacity that I would possibly disagree with your opinion. So good job. Also, it's "you're."

You didn't really say several times that this thread is "for" people who hate Josh Fields. I mean, maybe you *think* you did, but since the rest of your post was fairly incoherent as well, I'll have to take your word on that.

:gulp:

gogosox16
04-01-2008, 12:49 AM

Damn, I find it pretty funny when people get in altercations through a computer....it astounds me.:tongue:

kittle42
04-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Damn, I find it pretty funny when people get in altercations through a computer....it astounds me.:tongue:

What if it's in World of Warcraft. :tongue:

Anyway, I'm not in an altercation. I think the only time I've ever gotten anywhere near upset was the infamous Chipotle thread, and I've been on here for 5 years.

gogosox16
04-01-2008, 02:08 AM
What if it's in World of Warcraft. :tongue:

Anyway, I'm not in an altercation. I think the only time I've ever gotten anywhere near upset was the infamous Chipotle thread, and I've been on here for 5 years.
Now that would be a great thread to talk about. Damn, at 2:10 in the morning, Chipotle is sounding pretty good.:tongue:

RadioheadRocks
04-01-2008, 02:08 AM
:popcorn: