PDA

View Full Version : MLB Websites

manders_01
03-23-2008, 02:32 AM
I don't like em.

Sockinchisox
03-23-2008, 02:38 AM
I assume you're talking about the new layout on MLB.com?

I think it's terrible, incredibly cluddered and hard to navigate, their old format was much, much better.

manders_01
03-23-2008, 02:42 AM

I think it's terrible, incredibly cluddered and hard to navigate, their old format was much, much better.

All the team websites were reformatted as well.

ksimpson14
03-23-2008, 02:46 AM
Don't mind it, looks like all the same information is there and in similar places, actually looks a little cleaner imo

Sockinchisox
All the team websites were reformatted as well.

Ya, I just saw that.

I don't mind those too much. The main page is terrible though.

PalehosePlanet
It'll take some getting used to that's for sure. I like the new Poll results box display better, but so far nothing else.

goofymsfan
03-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Not to mention they completely changed the message boards and it's become a cluttered mess!

DSpivack
03-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't see a huge difference.

oeo
03-23-2008, 03:44 PM

It was always cluttered and difficult to navigate. I can't find anything on that website.

I don't mind the design, but appears to be very buggy. The dropdown menus in Firefox don't show up completely. When Firefox is the leading web browser, that isn't very good.

soxfan21
03-23-2008, 08:51 PM
I think that the main page is a little bit harder to navigate and it will take a little getting use to, but hopefully this change is for the better.

dakuda
03-23-2008, 08:53 PM
It was always cluttered and difficult to navigate. I can't find anything on that website.

I don't mind the design, but appears to be very buggy. The dropdown menus in Firefox don't show up completely. When Firefox is the leading web browser, that isn't very good.

Firefox + Mozilla is still at about 20% of the market, I think. No where near the 'leading' browser. I use FF, but let's be realistic here. IE is still the leading browser.

As for the change, it appears to be kind of minimal. Just an update to the old look. No real opinion on if it is 'good' or 'bad'. As long as I can still turn off the automatic videos, I am happy. It does seem to load a little slower though.

skottyj242
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Just slight tweaks, no big deal to me.

rdwj
03-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Not to mention they completely changed the message boards and it's become a cluttered mess!

I like the main page - lots more information right at your fingertips. I hate the message board layout, but I don't really visit there anymore anyway. Too many morons talking everything but baseball.

Scottiehaswheels
03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Does it seem to take longer to load to everyone else, or is that just me?

Huisj
03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Does it seem to take longer to load to everyone else, or is that just me?

Even worse on my computer--every time I've tried to go there in the last couple of days, it freezes up firefox completely like it's stuck trying to load something and never finishes. It sucks. I hope they work that out.

WhiteSoxJunkie
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't see a huge difference.

Same here. I don't see anything wrong with it.