PDA

View Full Version : MLB Japan Series on ESPN 2?

asg2003ws2005
03-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Seriously, what is stoppign this LIVE SPORTING EVENT from being broadcast on the main ESPN?

Also, why cant I watch this ONLINE? (I dont have the espn, but I do have mlb.tv) There's the radio feeds, but no tv.

soltrain21
03-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Seriously, what is stoppign this LIVE SPORTING EVENT from being broadcast on the main ESPN?

Also, why cant I watch this ONLINE? (I dont have the espn, but I do have mlb.tv) There's the radio feeds, but no tv.

If it were on ESPN then too many people here would be bitching that the Red Sox are getting special treatment and that this should be on ESPN 2.

btrain929
03-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Maybe the time zone issue. Aren't the games like 14 hours behind us or something?

I want Mags back
03-22-2008, 12:30 PM
when the Flubs played the Mets in Japan ages ago they were on FSN

chisoxmike
03-22-2008, 01:46 PM
I think the Yankees were on ESPN or ESPN 2 when they opened the season in Japan.

:redsoxfan:
"Why us? Oh why? We're doomed! We'll never be the Yankees!!! We'll never be able to compete with them! Oh God Why!!??!!"

pierzynski07
03-22-2008, 01:54 PM
SportsCenter repeats must be more important.

Lip Man 1
03-22-2008, 02:05 PM
What will be even more interesting is where will the announcers be doing the game from.

If you recall when the Yankees went to Tampa Bay the game was "broadcast" by ESPN announcers from the studios in Bristol. They never sent them overseas.

Lip

Medford Bobby
03-22-2008, 02:37 PM
What will be even more interesting is where will the announcers be doing the game from.

If you recall when the Yankees went to Tampa Bay the game was "broadcast" by ESPN announcers from the studios in Bristol. They never sent them overseas.

Lip
Yea I remember that, it sounds kinda cheap to pull that off......

I will be up early working so I'll get the real flavour of the game on my XM radio.
Speaking of which, no radio feed today on XM radio with todays Cub- Sox game???
I know it's on WGN radio....and also no TV too....:scratch:

asg2003ws2005
03-22-2008, 02:43 PM
when the Flubs played the Mets in Japan ages ago they were on FSNgame 1 was on espn

pierzynski07
03-23-2008, 12:23 AM

Lip
It's how the games were done for the first round of the World Baseball Classic. It also appears that San Diego did the same thing for their games in China.

Viva Medias B's
03-23-2008, 12:54 AM
game 1 [of the Cubs-Mets series] was on espn

Actually, the first game of that series was on Fox Sports Net too. Chip Caray did the game.

asg2003ws2005
03-23-2008, 02:40 AM
It's how the games were done for the first round of the World Baseball Classic. It also appears that San Diego did the same thing for their games in China.Dodgers had their radio crew out in China for that series. They should have stayed in China

I want Mags back
03-23-2008, 04:35 AM

Lip

thats how they do the Champions League games. Derek Rae and Tommy Smyth are in bristol, which makes no sense as I thought they were based in Europe, but its possible there stuff for ESPN int'l from there. I didnt realize this until Tommy Smyth did a post game report from the ESPNEWS studio

EDIT: Tommy Smyth has lived in the US since 1963

Fenway
03-23-2008, 07:47 AM

Lip

NESN's announcers are here...Remy will be complaining about the flight for months

chaerulez
03-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Well each weekday morning, the flagship station plays Sportscenter until like noon... why change that? And ESPN2 is on almost every basic cable package these days.