PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte to play at Fenway - August 9th

Fenway
03-21-2008, 11:08 PM
http://pawsox.com/files/1.1205942037.jpg

Lowell will face off against the Hudson Valley Renegades (Tampa Bay Organization) in the inaugural game at 12:05 p.m. while the PawSox will battle the Charlotte Knights (White Sox) in the second game of the doubleheader. (scheduled for 4:30 PM)

Ticket prices will again remain unchanged, ranging from $5 (for Upper Bleachers) to $30 (for Green Monster Seats, Dugout Seats, the EMC Club and the State Street Pavilion Club). Additionally, hot dogs and sodas will be discounted $1 for the minor league doubleheader.

Tickets go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 22 via the internet at www.redsox.com or by touch-tone telephone at (617) 482-4SOX. Fans with disabilities may call (877) REDSOX-9 to purchase accessible seating (while supplies last). The Red Sox' TTY number for hearing-impaired fans is (617) 226-6644.

ksimpson14
03-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Props to the Red Sox, this is a GREAT idea, I wish we did this. Don't see myself in Charlotte anytime soon, and the closest I've thought of is going to Indiana when they visit here, but then I have to make sure the schedules line up and all that, just going to the Cell would make it a million times better

DSpivack
03-22-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't see what the big deal is, I'll be seeing a lot of minor league games this summer here in DC.

Zing!

btrain929
03-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I remember someone asked KW at Soxfest why we wouldn't look into doing something like this so us as fans would see our prospects.

I forgot exactly what his answer was, but it was pretty dismissive. Something like "oh, that's all I need, give you guys more ammunition to bitch at me for trading this guy or not giving that guy a shot or why did you draft that player...."

It was sarcastic, and everyone laughed. However, I think it's a great idea, but unfortunately I don't think we'll be experiencing it at the 'Cell anytime soon.... :angry:

Fenway
03-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I think every team should do this. It is a win win for everybody.

Last year was great as you had 35,000 cheering as Portland had a big comeback to win. Just great for the kids who will never make it.

NESN shows a number of Pawtucket and Portland games. It shows off the farm system and also gives NESN the chance to train new tech people.

Yankees also show Scranton and Staten Island games.

I remember someone asked KW at Soxfest why we wouldn't look into doing something like this so us as fans would see our prospects.

I forgot exactly what his answer was, but it was pretty dismissive. Something like "oh, that's all I need, give you guys more ammunition to bitch at me for trading this guy or not giving that guy a shot or why did you draft that player...."

It was sarcastic, and everyone laughed. However, I think it's a great idea, but unfortunately I don't think we'll be experiencing it at the 'Cell anytime soon.... :angry:

A. Cavatica
03-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks Fenway, I'll be at the game.

chaerulez
03-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I think every team should do this. It is a win win for everybody.

Last year was great as you had 35,000 cheering as Portland had a big comeback to win. Just great for the kids who will never make it.

NESN shows a number of Pawtucket and Portland games. It shows off the farm system and also gives NESN the chance to train new tech people.

Yankees also show Scranton and Staten Island games.

Well, the appeal is seeing a game at Fenway Park for cheap. Every team that has a good attendance record and fan base should do it. Somehow if the Rays did this at Tropicana, I suspect not many people would show up. I think this would work only in select markets and stadiums. But yeah, the few places it would, they should do it.