PDA

View Full Version : Player predictions from interesting source...

WhiteSoxFan84
03-21-2008, 04:59 AM
I was checking out the lines for tomorrow's early wave of NCAA games when I noticed that Bodog has over 240 MLB player props. I decided to check them out and see if I saw anything interesting. What I noticed is how for certain players (mostly the stars of each team) they have over/under prop bets going for individual home runs, RBIs, and batting averages. You have to think that these guys spend tons of time and tons of money on pros who come up with these figures and they have to be as accurate as possible because they want to set the best predictions that create equal bets on the over and the under (as they do with totals for games in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAA, etc.). Here are the predicted totals they have on Sox players (' = half, which Bodog is using so there is no tie)...

Jim Thome: .281, 38' HR, 104' RBI
Paul Konerko: .278, 34' HR, 103' RBI
Jermaine Dye: .262, 30' HR, 88' RBI
Nick Swisher: .271, 29' HR, 91' RBI
A.J. Pierzynski: .265, 16' HR, 53' RBI
Orlando Cabrera: .284, 9' HR, 74' RBI, 95' R, 18' SB

What do you guys think? I personally think those numbers are solid as long as our pitching staff steps it up.

Other noteable props...
Odds to be MLB HR leader in 2008: Thome, Dye, and Konerko are 50/1 each.
Overall season series winner, Sox/Tigers, Sox are +170.
Overall season series winner, Sox/Indians, Sox are +150.
2008 Regular Season Wins Total for the Sox is 77.5.
Odds to win 2008 AL Central Division Title, Sox are 7/1, 3rd in division.
Odds to win 2008 AL Pennant, Sox are 25/1.
Odds to win 2008 World Series, Sox are 40/1 (Cubs are 10/1, what's new?).

Scottiehaswheels
03-21-2008, 05:06 AM
I think if they think the hitters are gonna post those kinda numbers and we only have 77 wins, they must really be counting on our pitching to suck... Also if we're gonna to win season series from the teams they figure to beat us in the division but finish behind both of them, they must really expect the Twins/Royals to dominate us? Twins without Santana? I can see the Royals cuz they always give us a difficult time it seems like....

WhiteSoxFan84
03-21-2008, 05:12 AM
I think if they think the hitters are gonna post those kinda numbers and we only have 77 wins, they must really be counting on our pitching to suck... Also if we're gonna to win season series from the teams they figure to beat us in the division but finish behind both of them, they must really expect the Twins/Royals to dominate us? Twins without Santana? I can see the Royals cuz they always give us a difficult time it seems like....

You read the season series winners wrong. A + in sports betting means underdog. +170 and +150 are solid underdogs.
I personally LOVE Sox +170 vs. Detroit. I just think we will always play them tough and beat them 6 out of 10 times or 10 out of 19.

Scottiehaswheels
03-21-2008, 05:20 AM
You read the season series winners wrong. A + in sports betting means underdog. +170 and +150 are solid underdogs.
I personally LOVE Sox +170 vs. Detroit. I just think we will always play them tough and beat them 6 out of 10 times or 10 out of 19.Oh gotcha... well, if Crede is still on the team.... :D:

chisoxfan83
03-21-2008, 07:38 AM
for what its worth the sox are now 10/1 in vegas to win the world series as of last weekend because I put money on them. I forget what the opening line was, I am thinking in around 25/1 but I could be way off. I was looking at way to many numbers and too many drinks.

champagne030
03-21-2008, 08:17 AM
for what its worth the sox are now 10/1 in vegas to win the world series as of last weekend because I put money on them. I forget what the opening line was, I am thinking in around 25/1 but I could be way off. I was looking at way to many numbers and too many drinks.

You got ripped off. You can currently get the White Sox at 40/1 at many places.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-21-2008, 04:07 PM

10/1??? Dude I hope u bet a $1 because like champagne said and I stated earlier, they're 40/1. Vegas has the worst odds.