PDA

View Full Version : John Patterson released by Nats

pmck003
03-20-2008, 06:10 PM
He has been injury prone and it sounds like the Nationals weren't impressed with his velocity this spring. Patterson said to reporters that he was split between his managers advice to get outs and his GM's advice to throw fastballs. Good pickup for the Sox?

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-20-2008, 06:26 PM
I heard he had a dropoff in velocity. Might not be bad to sign him to a minor league deal as insurance.

Mr. White Sox
03-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I heard he had a dropoff in velocity. Might not be bad to sign him to a minor league deal as insurance.

His velocity may be down, but if this is temporary he's definitely a better prospect than Gavin Floyd. I'd go after him if the money is low, but I really don't know much about his injury.

Huisj
03-20-2008, 11:06 PM
His velocity may be down, but if this is temporary he's definitely a better prospect than Gavin Floyd. I'd go after him if the money is low, but I really don't know much about his injury.

The thing is, history kind of shows that it's probably not temporary. He's 30 years old, and he's cracked the 100 IP barrier once in his career. He was really good that year, but he hasn't been other than that.

gr8mexico
03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
He might be the next Bobby. Sign this guy and setup him up for a bullpen spot and bring him up slowly.

doublem23
03-21-2008, 12:46 AM
He might be the next Bobby. Sign this guy and setup him up for a bullpen spot and bring him up slowly.

Except that Bobby has an upper-90s fastball and a really good breaking ball.

He sounds like all the other pitchers out there who fizzled after 1 good year. Bobby was released because he had some off-field problems that were affecting his game... He never just wore down.

JB98
03-21-2008, 12:46 AM
If the pitching-poor Nationals have no use for this guy, then I don't see how he could possibly help the White Sox.

DumpJerry
03-21-2008, 06:40 AM
picking him up will only delay his entry into The Hall.

Palehose Pete
03-21-2008, 09:48 AM
If the pitching-poor Nationals have no use for this guy, then I don't see how he could possibly help the White Sox.

Exactly. Thank you.

palehozenychicty
03-21-2008, 11:50 AM

Thank you.

munchman33
03-21-2008, 12:13 PM

Oh yeah? Because I doubt Floyd makes their rotation if he's on their roster.

FarWestChicago
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah? Because I doubt Floyd makes their rotation if he's on their roster.We know, munch. There is no local high school team that doesn't have a better rotation than the Sox. They will pay forever for trading DLS.

JB98
03-21-2008, 12:38 PM
We know, munch. There is no local high school team that doesn't have a better rotation than the Sox. They will pay forever for trading DLS.

I don't think DLS could make the Nationals rotation either, West. :D:

Nellie_Fox
03-21-2008, 11:33 PM
I don't think DLS could make the Nationals rotation either, West. :D:Heresy. DLS could BE the Nationals' rotation. It would be like Eddie Feigner, they'd only have to field three other guys while DLS could pitch every inning of every game.

ilsox7
03-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Heresy. DLS could BE the Nationals' rotation. It would be like Eddie Feigner, they'd only have to filed three other guys while DLS could pitch every inning of every game.

The King and His Court. DLS on the mound. Munch in the infield. Jeremy Reed patrolling the outfield.

Game. Set. Match.

FarWestChicago
03-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Heresy. DLS could BE the Nationals' rotation. It would be like Eddie Feigner, they'd only have to field three other guys while DLS could pitch every inning of every game.

The King and His Court. DLS on the mound. Munch in the infield. Jeremy Reed patrolling the outfield.

Game. Set. Match.You guys are on to something here.

Dan Mega
03-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Oh yeah? Because I doubt Floyd makes their rotation if he's on their roster.

:rolling: