PDA

View Full Version : "The A's also arrived"

BRDSR
03-20-2008, 07:08 PM
The Red Sox (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080320&content_id=2446617&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) arrived in Japan for the first time in franchise history, with the crowd's loudest roar reserved for native son Daisuke Matsuzaka. The A's (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080320&content_id=2446464&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) also arrived.

This is the teaser on the lead story at MLB.com right now. I just about laughed out loud when I read it the first time, although I'm not quite sure why. Like, if it hadn't mentioned the A's at all I probably wouldn't have noticed, but the last four words just make it sound like the A's are the redheaded step-child of the Red Sox or something. Anyone else find this line a humorous and accurate summary of the way the media dotes on the Yankees and Red Sox?

pjchisox13
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
This is the teaser on the lead story at MLB.com right now. I just about laughed out loud when I read it the first time, although I'm not quite sure why. Like, if it hadn't mentioned the A's at all I probably wouldn't have noticed, but the last four words just make it sound like the A's are the redheaded step-child of the Red Sox or something. Anyone else find this line a humorous and accurate summary of the way the media dotes on the Yankees and Red Sox?

You mean to tell me the crowd didn't go nuts Kurt Suzuki and all those other A's players that anyone barely knows in America either? :D:

munchman33
03-20-2008, 07:31 PM
You mean to tell me the crowd didn't go nuts Kurt Suzuki and all those other A's players that anyone barely knows in America either? :D:

They must have chartered DLS his own private jet.

ilsox7
03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
They must have chartered DLS his own private jet.

He flapped his arms and flew there himself.

Red Barchetta
03-24-2008, 02:57 PM

Nope, this pretty much sums up the ESPN/East Coast Sport Universe. :mad: