PDA

View Full Version : De los Santos finally makes a ST appearance

rdivaldi
03-20-2008, 01:24 PM
I've been waiting for the A's to finally get him into a game. He had some wildness. 2.2 IP, 1 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K

sox1970
03-20-2008, 01:30 PM
First step to the Hall.

kittle42
03-20-2008, 01:45 PM
What will be greater - the enjoyment some people here (myself included, to an extent) got from the Jeremy Reed failure, or the joy they would get from De los Santos failure?

sox1970
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
What will be greater - the enjoyment some people here (myself included, to an extent) got from the Jeremy Reed failure, or the joy they would get from De los Santos failure?

I should have put it in teal.

I don't care what Gio or DLS do after Swisher lifts the trophy in late October.

rdivaldi
03-20-2008, 02:23 PM

I don't really think you should get "enjoyment" per se, more like "satisfaction". I think in general Reed's lack of success has been/will be a bigger surprise if De los Santos fizzles in Oakland. Reed was considered to be a top 10 ML prospect going into 2004. De los Santos is more of a "buzz" prospect at this time, very talented but raw.

Nellie_Fox
03-20-2008, 02:40 PM
De los Santos is more of a "buzz" prospect at this time, very talented but raw.That can't be true. I've been assured, right here on this very board, that he is a lead-pipe, lock-down, guaranteed can't-miss ace pitcher.

spiffie
03-20-2008, 02:45 PM
That can't be true. I've been assured, right here on this very board, that he is a lead-pipe, lock-down, guaranteed can't-miss ace pitcher.
It appears there's an error on the HOF website. I made a screenshot to see if anyone knows why this might be happening.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3190/2347573455_0c16e6fb81.jpg

kittle42
03-20-2008, 02:48 PM
That can't be true. I've been assured, right here on this very board, that he is a lead-pipe, lock-down, guaranteed can't-miss ace pitcher.

Gotta love those folks who pride themselves on their "knowledge" of prospects here.

munchman33
03-20-2008, 05:39 PM
First step to the Hall.

:yup:

I've been waiting for the A's to finally get him into a game. He had some wildness. 2.2 IP, 1 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K

Must have been squeezed.

...after Swisher lifts the trophy in late October.
:tealpolice:

santo=dorf
03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm way over due for this post, but if you recall his odds of getting into the hall of fame were 50/50 in case he suffered an injury. Now my mathematics background tells me the possibility of him getting hurt is equal to the getting into the hall of fame (50=50,) and since he is a lock to make the hall of fame, he is therefore a lock to get hurt, which means he won't become a hall of famer. A fine paradox indeed. :scratch:

munchman33
03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm way over due for this post, but if you recall his odds of getting into the hall of fame were 50/50 in case he suffered an injury. Now my mathematics background tells me the possibility of him getting hurt is equal to the getting into the hall of fame (50=50,) and since he is a lock to make the hall of fame, he is therefore a lock to get hurt, which means he won't become a hall of famer. A fine paradox indeed. :scratch:

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE MY HEAD EXPLODE?!@(*

santo=dorf
03-20-2008, 07:57 PM
If sox fans want to bitch about old prospects pitching for Oakland, how about Fernando Hernandez? 9 IP, 2ER, 8 Hits, 4 BB's, 7 K's.

Don't remember him? He's the guy the Sox decided not to protect before the rule 5 draft opting to keep guys like Carlos Vasquez, Oneli Perez and Andy Gonzalez on the 40 man.

FarWestChicago
03-20-2008, 08:44 PM
munch is right. A one hitter in his first ML appearance? Can they waive the crap retirement and 5 year BS for this guy? Hall his ass up now and quit with the teasing.

oeo
03-20-2008, 08:54 PM
If sox fans want to bitch about old prospects pitching for Oakland, how about Fernando Hernandez? 9 IP, 2ER, 8 Hits, 4 BB's, 7 K's.

Don't remember him? He's the guy the Sox decided not to protect before the rule 5 draft opting to keep guys like Carlos Vasquez, Oneli Perez and Andy Gonzalez on the 40 man.

I'm not happy they didn't protect him, because they had nothing to lose but that garbage. On the other hand, usually with things like this, the Sox know something that we don't. It looked like a no-brainer to protect him, so there's got to be something there as to why they let him go like that.

Maybe they're just ****ing morons, but they knew what kind of future Andy Gonzalez held.

I'll wait it out and see what kind of success he actually has in the big leagues before it will really tick me off.

Frontman
03-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Wait, I thought he was the second coming of Cy Young. How could they not start him until the last week of spring training?

Oh wait, he's that good that he doesn't need ST games......

Was he injured or something that they couldn't start him?

kittle42
03-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Was he injured or something that they couldn't start him?

He was probably just playing B games. Don't a lot of low-level minors guys do that?

doublem23
03-21-2008, 12:45 AM
He was probably just playing B games. Don't a lot of low-level minors guys do that?

Don't you dare call Fausto low-level ever again.

FedEx227
03-21-2008, 02:19 AM

:D::bandance::D::bandance:

Frontman
03-21-2008, 07:52 AM

Exactly. He's faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

btrain929
03-22-2008, 10:35 AM

Well played, sir.

SoxxoS
03-22-2008, 06:53 PM
spiffie - very nicely done I actually laughed out loud for that one.