PDA

View Full Version : Players suffering from "flu-like symptons"

JermaineDye05
03-19-2008, 12:02 PM
So now Contreras has been scratched because of flu-like symptoms. Are any other teams losing players as a result of this? I would assume at least some D-Backs may be experiencing this considering they train in Tuscon as well. Anyone who's at ST happen to know if there's a bug going around or something? I'm just starting to get worried about all the pitchers and players being scratched.

Mr.1Dog
03-19-2008, 12:04 PM
FWIW, there has been a nasty flu going around my office. People have been out of work for 3-4 days or so.

oeo
03-19-2008, 12:08 PM
So now Contreras has been scratched because of flu-like symptoms. Are any other teams losing players as a result of this? I would assume at least some D-Backs may be experiencing this considering they train in Tuscon as well. Anyone who's at ST happen to know if there's a bug going around or something? I'm just starting to get worried about all the pitchers and players being scratched.

What's there to be worried about? The flu is going around the clubhouse...no big deal.

JermaineDye05
03-19-2008, 12:09 PM
What's there to be worried about? The flu is going around the clubhouse...no big deal.

Well season starts in about 2 weeks, don't want any players to be behind or sick when the season starts.

oeo
03-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Well season starts in about 2 weeks, don't want any players to be behind or sick when the season starts.

I haven't heard anything about anyone being 'behind.' And it's been going around since the beginning of Spring Training, so it should be over soon.

btrain929
03-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I was listening to Farmio and Rongey yesterday, and they said it has been flying through the clubhouse like crazy. They mentioned Floyd, Contreras, and Jenks just as a few. They said it usually takes about 3-4 days to fully get out of the system, but it's like hell when you have it. Hopefully we'll be good by the end of March.

areilly
03-19-2008, 01:13 PM
I always thought that was just code for "hangover."

manders_01
03-19-2008, 01:22 PM

So who's starting today?

KenBerryGrab
03-19-2008, 01:29 PM
So who's starting today?

Masset.

JermaineDye05
03-19-2008, 01:34 PM
So who's starting today?

as KBGrab said, it's Masset.

Link (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/03/contreras-scrat.html)

DumpJerry
03-19-2008, 01:39 PM
With all the money they make, you'd think the players would use their own cups when getting water from the fountain. They also need to wash their hands after using the bathroom.

If necessary, we could direct them to the classic "hygiene" thread here from the summer of 2006 which elicited many intelligent ideas on how to stop germs cold in their feet.....

Mr.1Dog
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Maybe they should stop putting their gloves on the floor of the men's room.:scratch:

jdm2662
03-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Half of the people in my office has been sick within the past month or so. This is no biggie. Flu bugs hit work places this time of year all the time. I've been washing my hands every half hour...

Railsplitter
03-19-2008, 07:49 PM
I always thought that was just code for "hangover."
There's some merit in what you say.

You can't have flu like symptoms and not have the flu.

havelj
03-19-2008, 08:28 PM
First - why the heck do we always hear the term "flu-like symptoms?" How about this:
THEY HAVE THE FLU!

Second - glad to have it now and not early April.

bigfoot
03-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Desert fever?.....Mary Swiss, is this a real thing?

It's Dankerific
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
It might ruin a players reputation to say they have "the flu" when all they really have is the symptoms of the flu!!

#1swisher
03-20-2008, 02:27 PM
FWIW, there has been a nasty flu going around my office. People have been out of work for 3-4 days or so.
:o:
I was going to post that I'm glad the flu's in AZ and not here in Chi. Oh well up my vitamin C.

BoysMom3
03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
The flu's going around something terrible in Morton. People who never call in sick are staying home from work, and some people have been out for 2 weeks! My brother-in-law just had it (in Waukegan), and he said he felt like he was on his death bed. I hope it isn't something like that.