PDA

View Full Version : Lee to sign a new contract?

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 01:06 PM
Another signing coming?

Less than a week after signing outfielder Magglio Ordonez and reliever Bob Howry to contract extensions, the Sox have turned their attention to outfielder Carlos Lee.

Talks are in the preliminary stage, but Lee is supposedly looking for a four-year deal worth just over $26 million.

It was rumored that Lee's representatives were in town to talk with the Sox, but a Sox official denied that report.

The 25-year-old left fielder entered Wednesday's game hitting .291 with 19 homers and 66 RBI.

Joel Perez
08-02-2001, 01:22 PM
The Sox better lock up these players to multi-year contracts, and fast....

Carlos Lee
Sean Lowe
Mark Buehrle
Keith Foulke
Kip Wells (two-year deal should not be out of the question)

Thoughts?

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 01:29 PM
Thoughts?

Foulke is going to be shipped out of here, he seems to be pretty pissed at what they are offering him.

Joel Perez
08-02-2001, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I just read that article as well.

Geez, can anyone blame the guy? The Sox better offer something very lucrative in order to keep him. He's no Mariano Rivera, but he should be in the same class.

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 01:35 PM
Geez, can anyone blame the guy? The Sox better offer something very lucrative in order to keep him. He's no Mariano Rivera, but he should be in the same class.

Remember this is Jerry Reinsdorf we are talking about, we all know his stance on giving long contracts to pitchers.

fado
08-02-2001, 01:44 PM
But with Foulke, he has done a great job with the Sox, but he is not of the Rivera category-not yet. He's only been doing this for two years and that only was after Howry couldn't do the job anymore. Foulke should shut his mouth take a shorter term deal, show that he can continue to do his job, and then grab them by the cojones for a large deal.

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 01:48 PM
and then grab them by the cojones

:reinsy
That sounds like pain!

Joel Perez
08-02-2001, 01:48 PM
Damn, I hate this year.

If the Sox were winning, no way this Foulke thing would be going on this long.

But since were .500, it's "Damn if you do and damn if you don't".

Jerry--STOP THE MADNESS!!!

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 01:53 PM
Jerry--STOP THE MADNESS!!!

You mean all my posting or Reinsdorf or both?

Joel Perez
08-02-2001, 02:02 PM
Riensdork.

You on the other hand can continue to post away.

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 02:03 PM
You on the other hand can continue to post away.

I think I will :)

rmusacch
08-02-2001, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I just read that article as well.

If he is no Mariano Rivera, why should he be in the same class? Mariano is the best closer in the majors by far. Rocker is close when he is on.

FarWestChicago
08-02-2001, 06:42 PM
Mariano is the best closer in the majors by far. Rocker is close when he is on.

Although, contrary to what BMR says, I am no Giants fan, Rob Nen is very impressive when his slider is working. It was most of last season. He's been a little less consistent this season. High 90's heat and a 92 mph slider. He usually just destroys batters. I wouldn't mind having their set up guy either.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 01:20 AM
Although, contrary to what BMR says, I am no Giants fan,

Hey I said you were a Giants fan to West.