PDA

View Full Version : Sox Vs Niu

SOXFAN82
03-19-2008, 11:03 AM
I would like to see if the Sox will do a game with NIU.
The Yanks vs VT game was great. I know the Sox have been helping them out and it would be great to see a game in DeKalb.

BRDSR
03-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I would like to see if the Sox will do a game with NIU.
The Yanks vs VT game was great. I know the Sox have been helping them out and it would be great to see a game in DeKalb.

Probably too late to make it happen this spring unless they turned a late-spring training game into a split squad game and sent half the team north for the 26th or 27th. But then on the 28th they're playing a game in Oklahoma City for which I would think they want everyone there and then the 29th are playing in Memphis for the Civil Rights game. Would make for a lot of travel for half the team.

Still, I had the same thought when I saw what the Yankees were doing. It would be a little belated, but maybe the Sox could do it next spring. Or even take volunteers to do it on an off day in the middle of a homestand (June 16th?). Email Brooks.

SOXFAN82
03-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Ill email him. Would be nice to see this happen even if it was next year.

sox1970
03-19-2008, 04:39 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080319&content_id=2444716&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Nice move..

comiskey2000
03-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Is an exhibition game during the first month of the season a really good idea? I am student and NIU and would much rather see something like this next Spring Training. Also, why are they playing ND and not NIU. Yes the NIU team is not very good but seems strange.

ilsox7
03-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Is an exhibition game during the first month of the season a really good idea? I am student and NIU and would much rather see something like this next Spring Training. Also, why are they playing ND and not NIU. Yes the NIU team is not very good but seems strange.

:?:

chisoxmike
03-19-2008, 05:12 PM

You should read that press release.

BRDSR
03-19-2008, 05:20 PM

ND is playing NIU. The venue is U.S. Cellular Field.

Tekijawa
03-19-2008, 05:21 PM
and why wouldn't they play at US Cellular field instead? And shouldn't they play baseball?