PDA

View Full Version : Nice Ozzie Feature

Lip Man 1
03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20080318&content_id=2443277&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

Lip

chisox77
03-18-2008, 10:24 PM
When reading the quotes, you can actually see Ozzie saying the words. Even in print, he is lively, interesting, and honest.

:cool:

oeo
03-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I love how he just continues to rip that 2007 team to shreds. I wish he would have done it last year.

Ozzie is the man.

Corlose 15
03-18-2008, 10:47 PM
One thing that I love about Ozzie is he bleeds black and silver. He loves the Sox just as much if not more than any of the fans and lives and dies with the wins and losses just like us. He really cares about the White Sox and so does Kenny.

I didn't always get that feeling with their predecessors.

santo=dorf
03-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Ozzie is being a hypocrite by saying he's not a hypocrite.

Retiring if the Sox won the world series?
Saying before the 2006 season that all Anderson had to do was play defense?:scratch:

oeo
03-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Retiring if the Sox won the world series?

When did he ever say that he was for sure going to retire?

Saying before the 2006 season that all Anderson had to do was play defense?:scratch:More Brian whining :whiner:...but please refresh my memory.

WhiteSox5187
03-19-2008, 12:16 AM
One thing that I love about Ozzie is he bleeds black and silver. He loves the Sox just as much if not more than any of the fans and lives and dies with the wins and losses just like us. He really cares about the White Sox and so does Kenny.

I didn't always get that feeling with their predecessors.
I think that every manager wants to win and hates losing, I just think that Ozzie wears it on his sleeve so much more than other guys (like Manuel who always seemed so calm) and Chicago LOVES coaches like that, but the most important thing for Ozzie to do is to win!!!

Nellie_Fox
03-19-2008, 12:33 AM
When did he ever say that he was for sure going to retire? He never did. He said he might do it, so he could be like Ditka and live off of it for the rest of his life. He was clearly joking.

PolishPower83
03-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Hiring Ozzie as manager is one of the BEST decisions the Sox have ever made. Unlike a lot of major league managers, you can tell Ozzie still wants to put on a helmet, grab a bat and take some swings. It's his passion that helped get the Sox over the top and I hope he never loses it.