PDA

View Full Version : Don't like "interactive" WSCR broadcasts

KenBerryGrab
03-18-2008, 04:47 PM
These are terrible. WSCR actually has a game, but they ignore it for a call-in with Farmer and Rongey. Ugh.

So I had to click over on GameDay Audio to hear the Padre call on today's game. That's weak.

KnightSox
03-18-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm listening now, not a fan either. Where is Stone at?

sox1970
03-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm listening now, not a fan either. Where is Stone?

Stone is done doing spring training games. His next broadcast is opening day.

getonbckthr
03-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Because its Spring Training I don't have a problem with trying something new. Now clearly its been a failure so it better not continue in the regular season.

Lip Man 1
03-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Seriously send your comments good or bad to Brooks, he'd like to hear your opinions.

Lip

Frontman
03-18-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm sure this is a spring training only thing. It gives them something to do, as calling some of these ST games are just plain boring.

EndemicSox
03-18-2008, 08:45 PM
I think it's pretty cool...:o:

RowanDye
03-18-2008, 09:14 PM

No, it's ridiculous. They have all day before and after the game to do that crap.

It might be tolerable if they actually gave updates on the game during that time, but no.

There is nothing interactive about it it all. It's just getting in the way and replacing the only reason that I turned the radio on in the first place!

ChiSoxGirl
03-18-2008, 09:23 PM
No, it's ridiculous. They have all day before and after the game to do that crap.

It might be tolerable if they actually gave updates on the game during that time, but no.

There is nothing interactive about it it all. It's just getting in the way and replacing the only reason that I turned the radio on in the first place!

Today's was the second interactive broadcast I heard, and with Rongey being in Tucson with Farmer, he was actually pretty good about updating us on the goings on in the game. There were quite a few times when Rongey updated the listeners on the inning, score, the situation, and who was pitching. With that said, though, there were hardly any score updates during the first interactive broadcast.

I want Mags back
03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
i just think its obnoxious with the crowd mic on in the background

hi im skot
03-19-2008, 09:58 AM

No, it's ridiculous.

OH SNAP!

Looks like your opinion is wrong, Endemic!

:redneck

pdimas
03-19-2008, 10:20 AM
I didn't mind it yesterday once I understood what was going on. I was a little confused at first when I tuned in. I thought I had tuned in during a pitching change or something because of all of the dialogue. Rongey did update on the game a few times as mentioned. Actually now that I think about it I liked it. It helped make for a nice drive home.

Jerko
03-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't know. When I tune in to listen to the game, I'd like to hear the game, not an audio blog.

Sad
03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
I also think it stinks
there's a game going on but it's like it's being ignored...

lose them...

Vestigio
03-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I only heard the first interactive broadcast against the Rockies, and I didnt like it like the rest of you. What I didnt like were the questions by the callers. How many times can you rehash the same questions involving 2B, RP, Fields/Crede, and SP?

KenBerryGrab
03-19-2008, 12:54 PM
What I didnt like were the questions by the callers. How many times can you rehash the same questions involving 2B, RP, Fields/Crede, and SP?

Yes! I could see doing it if it might be enlightening, but it's the same moronic stuff as any call in. Hello, White Sox, some of your radio fans are NOT sports call-in fans!