PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Yankees (clap clap)

Fenway
03-18-2008, 07:48 AM
We may dislike the New York Yankees but they must be given a tip of the hat.

This afternoon they will play Virginia Tech at Blacksburg. The game is for charity and the Yankees have donated $ 1 million to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund. All regulars will fly to Virginia except Matsui who will play in a minor league game back in Tampa.

Virginia Tech will use wooden bats donated by Louisville Slugger.

Hats and T-shirts can be purchased at hokiesports.com

I tip my hat to the Steinbrenner family and the Yankees players.

Go Hokies!

Oblong
03-18-2008, 08:31 AM
This is awesome.

Some of you may remember, the Tiger site that I help moderate, motownsports.com, lost a very valuable member in that tragedy. Brian Bluhm was a Master's student and in his Hydrology class. We raised over $5000 and are very close to sending that money to the same fund in his name. We've purchased memorial bricks/plaques at West Michigan, Lakeland, and Toledo in his honor. He loved the minor leagues.

We can all hope that the money can be used to help finance students so that they can continue on with the work of those who were lost.

Way to go Yankees.

Frontman
03-18-2008, 09:59 AM
These are the types of stories of why I've fallen in love with baseball. Good move Yanks. You do baseball proud when you do stuff like this.

I want Mags back
03-18-2008, 03:18 PM
watching it now on Mlb.tv
Yankkes already threatening in the 1st
VT is wearing hat with the Yankee logo, in their colors, with the VT logo on the side

johnr1note
03-19-2008, 01:29 AM
watching it now on Mlb.tv
Yankkes already threatening in the 1st
VT is wearing hat with the Yankee logo, in their colors, with the VT logo on the side

Photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/planetblacksburg/

soxrme
03-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/planetblacksburg/
Thanks for the pics. Good for the Yankees. That VT tean will never forget this day.

HomeFish
03-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Some of you may remember, the Tiger site that I help moderate, motownsports.com, lost a very valuable member in that tragedy. Brian Bluhm was a Master's student and in his Hydrology class. We raised over $5000 and are very close to sending that money to the same fund in his name. We've purchased memorial bricks/plaques at West Michigan, Lakeland, and Toledo in his honor. He loved the minor leagues.

That's really awesome! Good job.