PDA

View Full Version : Podsednik making a case for himself

manders_01
03-17-2008, 11:21 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080315&content_id=2430111&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Scotty P is lookin good! I'd be so excited to see him on a team (a more specifically seeing him on a team I like and watch regularly), especially if he keeps playing this way.

And I know I'm going to get **** for the Scotty love but I don't care. Just cause he's not with the Sox doesn't mean I have to stop liking him! :tongue:

oeo
03-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Good for Scotty; I hope he makes the team and stays healthy.

I also hope he plays against the Sox when Colorado comes to town in June so he can get the 'thank you' that he deserves.

jabrch
03-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Good for him...Wish him nothing but the best. He was a huge piece of 2005 - and for that, I will always appreciate him. I wish he were more healthy while he was here.

RadioheadRocks
03-17-2008, 11:40 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080315&content_id=2430111&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Scotty P is lookin good! I'd be so excited to see him on a team (a more specifically seeing him on a team I like and watch regularly), especially if he keeps playing this way.

And I know I'm going to get **** for the Scotty love but I don't care. Just cause he's not with the Sox doesn't mean I have to stop liking him! :tongue:

I also hope he plays against the Sox when Colorado comes to town in June so he can get the 'thank you' that he deserves.

Good for him...Wish him nothing but the best. He was a huge piece of 2005 - and for that, I will always appreciate him. I wish he were more healthy while he was here.

I second these emotions. Thanks for a MEMORABLE 2005, best wishes for the rest of your career! :bandance:

soxinem1
03-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I hope he wins Comeback Player of the Year!

He gave us a ton of memories:

One of the best starts in team history including an unbelieveable run of games that saw us lead in over 30 straight games to start the season. He was a main part of that.

The awesome, down-to-the wire write-in campaign to get Pods to the All-Star Game in 2005.

His first HR of the season coming in the first home playoff win since 1959.

His second HR of the season winning a wild game off of one of MLB's best closers at the time.

The dozens of leads the 2005 team jumped out to because of Pods turning singles into 2B's and 3B's with his SB's.

Some great sliding catches in the OF.

Who cannot ever be greatful for what he gave us that one memorable season?

goofymsfan
03-17-2008, 11:52 PM

Don't feel bad for the Scotty Love....I've been a fan of his for years. I just tend to keep in on the low here.

Cuck the Fubs
03-17-2008, 11:55 PM
I've always like Scotty..........

Hope he makes it back, and we see him this summer! :gulp:

Chicken Dinner
03-17-2008, 11:59 PM
I saw him a couple a weeks ago when the Rocks played the A's at PHX Muni. He did look good but I still have a hard time believing that he can stay healthy for a whole year and play and effective OF position at Coors. Sorry.

thomas35forever
03-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm with everyone in hoping he makes the Rockies' 25-man roster. We will be forever grateful for his accomplishments in 2005 because we would not have won it all without him.

BadBobbyJenks
03-18-2008, 12:51 AM
I hope he gets a crack at Brad Lidge in the 9th inning.:bandance:

btrain929
03-18-2008, 01:50 AM

Agreed X 100.

Mohoney
03-18-2008, 02:46 AM
I have to admit that I was a little upset when Uribe was signed to a $4.5 million contract and Pods didn't even get an offer. The way I figured, if you're not purging both of them, then what could it have hurt to give Pods some kind of offer when you're giving that kind of money to a guy that was equally useless?

WhiteSox5187
03-18-2008, 02:49 AM
I have to admit that I was a little upset when Uribe was signed to a $4.5 million contract and Pods didn't even get an offer. The way I figured, if you're not purging both of them, then what could it have hurt to give Pods some kind of offer when you're giving that kind of money to a guy that was equally useless?
Well, at least Uribe stays healthy...I love Pods but it was time to move on. I wish him the absolute best, for my money when he's 100% he's one of the best leadoff hitters in the game. Sadly he's not often at 100%.

gogosox16
03-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Even if Scotty didn't make the Rockies 25 man roster, he is building up an name again for himself for another team willing to take a flyer on him possibly and he's got peoples head turning making people realize that when healthy he is one of the best leadoff men in the league

russ99
03-18-2008, 10:41 AM

Absolutely agree.

I think it has a lot to do with the mindset of sluggers vs. non-sluggers. If Uribe only hit 3 homers last season, he'd be gone as well.

Still, no sour grapes. Pods had a few good seasons here and I'm glad he has a shot to resurrect his career in Colorado.

I'm also glad Pods is in the NL where he can't hurt us (as often). Hopefully he'll be well established by the time the Sox play the Rockies on that Friday night in June, since that's a big reason I got those tickets.

spiffie
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM

I hope he does great. I didn't want to see the Sox get burned trying him again, but I will always love what he did for us in 2005, and if he ever plays at USCF I will be there giving him a standing O.

skottyj242
03-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for all the love guys. :D:

RockyMtnSoxFan
03-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Even if Scotty didn't make the Rockies 25 man roster, he is building up an name again for himself for another team willing to take a flyer on him possibly and he's got peoples head turning making people realize that when healthy he is one of the best leadoff men in the league

I agree. He can't win a starting spot on the Rockies unless Taveras goes down, and he doesn't have a very good arm for a CF. But, he's one heck of a leadoff guy, and I'm sure there are lots of teams who will be sending mediocre LFers onto the field. Heck, the White Sox could use him to play LF and lead off if he turns out to be healthy.

fquaye149
03-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Absolutely agree.

I think it has a lot to do with the mindset of sluggers vs. non-sluggers. If Uribe only hit 3 homers last season, he'd be gone as well.

Still, no sour grapes. Pods had a few good seasons here and I'm glad he has a shot to resurrect his career in Colorado.

I'm also glad Pods is in the NL where he can't hurt us (as often). Hopefully he'll be well established by the time the Sox play the Rockies on that Friday night in June, since that's a big reason I got those tickets.

I think it has more to do with

1.) Uribe is a good defensive player. Pods is an embarrassingly bad defensive player, or at least became one over the years

2.) Uribe plays good defense at a position where defense is a premium and where replacement is not readily available. Pods plays a position where replacement is very readily available

3.) Uribe has been reasonably healthy and consistent(ly bad at the plate) throughout his career. Podsednik has been the opposite of healthy and consistent.

Although who knows. Maybe it's a vast slugger conspiracy.

spiffie
03-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I think it has more to do with

1.) Uribe is a good defensive player. Pods is an embarrassingly bad defensive player, or at least became one over the years

2.) Uribe plays good defense at a position where defense is a premium and where replacement is not readily available. Pods plays a position where replacement is very readily available

3.) Uribe has been reasonably healthy and consistent(ly bad at the plate) throughout his career. Podsednik has been the opposite of healthy and consistent.

Although who knows. Maybe it's a vast slugger conspiracy.
Dude, chicks dig the long ball.

manders_01
03-18-2008, 03:05 PM
I agree. He can't win a starting spot on the Rockies unless Taveras goes down, and he doesn't have a very good arm for a CF. But, he's one heck of a leadoff guy, and I'm sure there are lots of teams who will be sending mediocre LFers onto the field. Heck, the White Sox could use him to play LF and lead off if he turns out to be healthy.

I don't believe he's even a candidate for a starting position. But I interpreted that article that Spilly is already a lock-in for the first back up spot and Pods is battling Sullivan for the second.

He came through again yesterday... http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080317&content_id=2438662&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

It seems like he's making a very good impression on Hurdle.

asindc
03-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, at least Uribe stays healthy...I love Pods but it was time to move on. I wish him the absolute best, for my money when he's 100% he's one of the best leadoff hitters in the game. Sadly he's not often at 100%.

My sentiments exactly. I do wonder how the last two years would have turned out if he had stayed healthy for the Sox. Oh well... I wish him the best.

Soxfanspcu11
03-18-2008, 07:13 PM

Absolutely!!!

He won't get the same Ovation that Thomas got when he returned with Oakland in May of 2006. And obviously there is no comparisson between Thomas and Pods. However, he will get a nice little standing O, no doubt about that.

I'll NEVER forget what Pods did for us in 2005! That was such a MAGICAL SEASON that I will ALWAYS have a Fondness for EVERYONE on that team.

However, I feel kind of bad for the female Sox fans who absolutely LOVED Pods! It may sound stupid, and it may actually be stupid, but I personally know a decent amount of female Sox fans who actually became Sox fans because of Pods. I hope that they stick around even with Pods gone.

ChiSoxGirl
03-18-2008, 09:58 PM

I second these emotions. Thanks for a MEMORABLE 2005, best wishes for the rest of your career! :bandance:

I hope he wins Comeback Player of the Year!

He gave us a ton of memories:

One of the best starts in team history including an unbelieveable run of games that saw us lead in over 30 straight games to start the season. He was a main part of that.

The awesome, down-to-the wire write-in campaign to get Pods to the All-Star Game in 2005.

His first HR of the season coming in the first home playoff win since 1959.

His second HR of the season winning a wild game off of one of MLB's best closers at the time.

The dozens of leads the 2005 team jumped out to because of Pods turning singles into 2B's and 3B's with his SB's.

Some great sliding catches in the OF.

Who cannot ever be greatful for what he gave us that one memorable season?

I've always like Scotty..........

Hope he makes it back, and we see him this summer! :gulp:

I'm with everyone in hoping he makes the Rockies' 25-man roster. We will be forever grateful for his accomplishments in 2005 because we would not have won it all without him.

I knew my fellow Podsednik lovers were out there somewhere. :wink:

Seriously though, I still plan on wearing my Pods player tee around and to games because, as many of you have said, he was an intricate part of 2005 and without him, it may not have turned out the way it did. If he makes the big club in Colorado, you better believe I'll be at those games against the Rockies in June. :wink: :redface:

WhiteSoxJunkie
03-18-2008, 10:22 PM

What if he does and he gets a huge ovation just like Frank did in 06. Then, just as Frank did, he hits a home run in his first AB, and it lands where his World Series home run landed.

It's Dankerific
03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
RE: your signature

please extrapolate from other family members ages and birthdays when the next WS will be. Thanks =)

What if he does and he gets a huge ovation just like Frank did in 06. Then, just as Frank did, he hits a home run in his first AB, and it lands where his World Series home run landed.

WizardsofOzzie
03-19-2008, 11:17 AM
I knew my fellow Podsednik lovers were out there somewhere. :wink:

Seriously though, I still plan on wearing my Pods player tee around and to games because, as many of you have said, he was an intricate part of 2005 and without him, it may not have turned out the way it did. If he makes the big club in Colorado, you better believe I'll be at those games against the Rockies in June. :wink: :redface:
How'd I guess I'd find you in here :tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
03-19-2008, 10:45 PM
How'd I guess I'd find you in here :tongue:

Alas, I am as predictable as the day is long in this respect. You know me with Scotty. :wink:

SoxandtheCityTee
03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
I'll be standing up and applauding his first AB at the Cell this year too. In addition to my fond memories of his baserunning in 2005 and big moment in WS Game 2 (and the SI cover of same), I liked him anyway. He came and spoke at one of the Windy City Sox Fans luncheons and was great.

The Dude
03-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks for all the love guys. :D:

You rock! I love you man.

gogosox16
03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
If the Sox win the game, I wouldn't care....heck he can go 5-5 with 5 solo homers in that game as long as the sox win