PDA

View Full Version : Errors in season ticket pricing?

itsnotrequired
03-17-2008, 11:04 PM
So I was glancing through my tickets and noticed some games that don't seem priced correctly:

Monday, June 30 vs. Cleveland: Priced as Prime date, schedule shows Regular

Monday, August 11 vs. Boston: Priced as Regular date, schedule shows Premier

Sunday, August 24 vs. Tampa Bay: Priced as Regular date, schedule shows Prime

Sunday, September 7 vs. Los Angeles: Priced as Regular date, schedule shows Prime

Sunday, September 14 vs. Detroit: Priced as Regular date, schedule shows Prime

Sunday, September 28 vs. Cleveland: Priced as Regular date, schedule shows Prime

Also, all the Cub are priced as Premier rather than the Premier + $5 I am used to seeing. Has the pricing for Cubs changed this year?

Anyone else see anything wonky with their tickets?

:dunno:

soxfan21
03-18-2008, 05:35 AM
I don't know anything about the other dates, but I know that the cubs games are priced as premier games this year and that there is no "cubs" pricing level this year as there has been in previous years.

doogiec
03-18-2008, 07:32 AM
I noticed the same thing, but I've noticed some differences every year since they went to the multi-tier pricing.

I was told by my sales rep a couple of years ago that since they determine season ticket pricing before they release the final schedule, they estimate how many games will be in each category and base the season ticket price on that.

Later they determine how to categorize tickets for individual ticket buyers based on the final schedule and their predictions for demand. But at that point they really can't up the price on season ticket holders since they have already been invoiced. Every year this has happened the pricing difference has been in favor of the season ticket holder.

itsnotrequired
03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I noticed the same thing, but I've noticed some differences every year since they went to the multi-tier pricing.

I was told by my sales rep a couple of years ago that since they determine season ticket pricing before they release the final schedule, they estimate how many games will be in each category and base the season ticket price on that.

Later they determine how to categorize tickets for individual ticket buyers based on the final schedule and their predictions for demand. But at that point they really can't up the price on season ticket holders since they have already been invoiced. Every year this has happened the pricing difference has been in favor of the season ticket holder.

I added up the face value of all the tickets and it is what I was invoiced for. The only real problem I see is trying to resell a game like the Boston game. That should have a $26 face but mine only reads $12. I guess I only paid $12 for it so it isn't like I would be losing money.

Still, why would they price the September Saturday games as Prime and then the following Sunday game as a Regular? I would figure those would either both be Prime or both be Regular.

:dunno: