PDA

View Full Version : Omigod, Liefer was in left?

Nellie_Fox
04-25-2002, 02:51 PM
I just got back to my office from teaching a class, and hear that Rowand is in for Liefer in left. I told you yesterday that someone needed to hide Liefer's glove before anyone got any strange ideas! Was he as frightening as usual defensively?

MattSharp
04-25-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I just got back to my office from teaching a class, and hear that Rowand is in for Liefer in left. I told you yesterday that someone needed to hide Liefer's glove before anyone got any strange ideas! Was he as frightening as usual defensively?

I can't see the game, so I don't know for sure, but he can't be much more of a worry than CLee.....

Nellie_Fox
04-25-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I can't see the game, so I don't know for sure, but he can't be much more of a worry than CLee.....
Oh, yeah he can. Liefer is an absolute butcher with the glove. Lee hasn't been half bad so far this year.

voodoochile
04-25-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Oh, yeah he can. Liefer is an absolute butcher with the glove. Lee hasn't been half bad so far this year.

Leifer did alright, but he didn't have an hard plays, and he had a couple of hits...

BuehrleACE56
04-25-2002, 07:59 PM
I haven't seen Liefer play much this year, and today I was in school during the 12:05 game. What a crappy time for a game. But I have sure as hell noticed that CLee is way better than ever fielding in left. Some diving catches here and there and not making an adventure of routine outs. He must have got some work in the offseason. Now I'd trust him out there any day of the week. Liefer sees limited playing time and gets moved around a lot so he'll never be quite as sharp i don't think. CLee hit, CLee run, CLee score.