PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Pictures

BoKnowsBest
03-17-2008, 12:18 AM
After going to spring training the first week of March, I finally got around to uploading some of my pics online, and thought I would share them with other sox fans. Hope you enjoy the pics, I only made it out to a couple games, so most of these are from the game against the Rockies on the 5th and against the Rangers on the 6th. I have a couple hundred pictures from my trip, but I think these are probably some of the better ones. Unfortunately photobucket killed the quality of the pics, as some of them look much more pixelated than the original pics are.

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii38/vytasnor/White%20Sox/

mealfred13
03-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Awesome pictures! Wish I could make it down there some time. Thanks for the post!

The Critic
03-17-2008, 10:38 AM
My wife suggested over the weekend that we should go to White Sox spring training one of these years....until she found out that they don't train in Florida.
:redneck

btrain929
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM
I just got back from my Tucson trip, and man was it amazing. Most of my pics were of partying and stuff, so those wouldn't benefit you guys that much haha. But one of these days, I'm gonna take a picture of my black Louisville Slugger wood bat that I've been having a lot of the hitters sign in silver marker (I have all the pitchers signing 1 baseball). If anybody was at the game on Saturday vs Cubs or Sunday vs DBacks, you saw me with that big thing. It looks amazing.

On the trip, overall, I was able to get 16 autographs from my count. I could have gotten more, but I already had auto's from guys like Konerko, Swisher, etc.

The best autograph I got was Jim Thome. He's one of, if not our best hitters, and should/will be in the Hall of Fame down the road, so I was pumped about that.

The wildcard autograph I got was Juan Silveiro, our 16 y/o shortstop down on the farm. He was coming off the bus from a road game and I saw the back of his jersey, so I yelled "Juan." He turned around, and he autographed my bat for me, and then some 5 y/o girls who obviously had no idea who he was.

Considering I had no idea how the autographs worked down there until I had 2 days left, I thought it went pretty well.

manders_01
03-17-2008, 10:34 PM
I just got back from my Tucson trip, and man was it amazing. Most of my pics were of partying and stuff, so those wouldn't benefit you guys that much haha. But one of these days, I'm gonna take a picture of my black Louisville Slugger wood bat that I've been having a lot of the hitters sign in silver marker (I have all the pitchers signing 1 baseball). If anybody was at the game on Saturday vs Cubs or Sunday vs DBacks, you saw me with that big thing. It looks amazing.

On the trip, overall, I was able to get 16 autographs from my count. I could have gotten more, but I already had auto's from guys like Konerko, Swisher, etc.

The best autograph I got was Jim Thome. He's one of, if not our best hitters, and should/will be in the Hall of Fame down the road, so I was pumped about that.

The wildcard autograph I got was Juan Silveiro, our 16 y/o shortstop down on the farm. He was coming off the bus from a road game and I saw the back of his jersey, so I yelled "Juan." He turned around, and he autographed my bat for me, and then some 5 y/o girls who obviously had no idea who he was.

Considering I had no idea how the autographs worked down there until I had 2 days left, I thought it went pretty well.

I was standing next to you yesterday. :cool:

oeo
03-17-2008, 10:43 PM
That last picture of MacDougal is a very good sign. I haven't really been paying that much attention to his mechanics, but he's actually keeping his head up there. When I saw him pitching for Charlotte last year, my brother actually caught a picture of him with his head looking straight at the ground on release. He even lost his hat a couple of times. :redneck

btrain929
03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I was standing next to you yesterday. :cool:

We're we talking, or we're you just getting autographs on your own? I know I was talking to a few people, and didn't know who they were, so I suppose you could fit that profile :D:

BoKnowsBest
03-17-2008, 11:07 PM
That last picture of MacDougal is a very good sign. I haven't really been paying that much attention to his mechanics, but he's actually keeping his head up there. When I saw him pitching for Charlotte last year, my brother actually caught a picture of him with his head looking straight at the ground on release. He even lost his hat a couple of times. :redneck

I just uploaded another picture of MacDougal with his head down. While it appears that sometimes he's keeping his head up, apparently its not all the time.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii38/vytasnor/White%20Sox/73bb793c.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments on the pictures, I'm sure one of these days I'll get all of the Sox pics I took online. I kinda fell in love with the continuous mode on my camera, which allows me to take a number of photos in quick succession, which is why so many of them are of the pitcher's delivery's and things like that. I know I've got at least one or two more series of Buehrle because I was so close to him warming in at Hi Corbett that I couldn't help but take a lot of pics, but I know I also have more guys like Vasquez (not to be confused with Vazquez), Haeger, more Jenks, MacDougal, and Logan. In addition to those, I've got at least one at bats worth of pictures for Swisher, Alexei Ramirez, Thome, Paulie, AJ, some more Crede, I think some more Anderson, and Fields. I tried to keep it mostly guys who have a good chance of being with the big league team this year.