PDA

View Full Version : My Bashing of Mariotti made the NEWS!

foulkesfan11
04-25-2002, 03:30 PM
The SunTimes actually published my letter bashing Jay Mariotti! It's on page 40 of the times. I don't read the paper anymore, but my co-worker saw it. Here it is:

The misery of Mariotti

I am very sick of the way Jay Mariotti [''Sadly, trouble at home,'' column, April 19] talks about the White Sox and Comiskey Park. He mentions 13 fights going on in the stands at Comiskey and how it's so bad to go there, and not children-friendly. Wrigley Field is just as dangerous, if not worse. There's more drinking and obnoxious behavior up north from all of the bars. In fact, that's all Wrigley Field is: one big bar!

I'm not writing, however, to bash the Cubs. I'm writing because the Sox swept the Cleveland Indians, and Mariotti's stupid article about a now former employee overshadowed it. The Sox employee was dealt with and fired. It's not fair to bring the team and its fans down every time one person does something stupid. Mariotti praises the Cubs all the time and is down on the Sox.

A Chicago reporter should be fair to both teams. Mariotti needs to be reprimanded, if not fired as well.

Julie Cullotta, Oak Lawn

sox_fan_4life
04-25-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11

Julie Cullotta, Oak Lawn

God, your a woman? :D:
We have women here? :D:

Nice article. How did you manage to keep out all the cuss words?

foulkesfan11
04-25-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life

God, your a woman? :D:
We have women here? :D:

Nice article. How did you manage to keep out all the cuss words?

Yes, I am! :smile:

I wasn't trying to get in the paper, I was just trying to get his ass in trouble. IT was hard not to curse.

cheeses_h_rice
04-25-2002, 03:42 PM
Congrats, FF! Way to get your voice heard.

MattSharp
04-25-2002, 03:46 PM
Mad props for this one. Was it in the paper today? If so I will tell my dad to pick it up for me.....

Konerkofan
04-25-2002, 03:47 PM
Congrats Julie!
I love the article!

(wish mine made it in there :whiner: )

MikeKreevich
04-25-2002, 03:47 PM
Thanks for calling him out. We appreciate it.

Chisox353014
04-25-2002, 03:49 PM
That's awesome. I just read that editorial at lunch and I was wondering if it might have been someone on this board who wrote it. I like the suggestion at the end a lot. :D:

MattSharp
04-25-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
That's awesome. I just read that editorial at lunch and I was wondering if it might have been someone on this board who wrote it. I like the suggestion at the end a lot. :D:

Unfortunately we all know he won't get fired. I am still surprised they printed the story at all. Maybe they are trying to send the Moron a message.....

foulkesfan11
04-25-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Mad props for this one. Was it in the paper today? If so I will tell my dad to pick it up for me.....

Today's times, Page 40.

moochpuppy
04-25-2002, 04:12 PM
Way to go FF!!

Too bad they couldn't have added: member @ Whitesoxinteractive.com.......then the moron could visit here himself to see how much he's loved. At least for him it would then be private.

BTW, anyone think there will be a response from the moron?

:moron

"Oh boy, just you all wait."

duke of dorwood
04-25-2002, 04:17 PM
Hey Moron, dont mess with WSI

Streets
04-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Great editorial! It'd be nice if he was fired...a girl can hope can't she?

No-Neck
04-25-2002, 04:47 PM
We love you Foulkefan11! You are not alone.

Let's fire Moronotti

RedPinStripes
04-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Great job! F- MORONOTTI!!!!!!!!! :gulp:

foulkesfan11
04-25-2002, 04:54 PM
Thanks! I just wish they'd do something about him. That would be great!

ode to veeck
04-25-2002, 05:26 PM
I nominate foulke-fan as today's PTC winner!! MVP OF THE DAY!

Paulwny
04-25-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
I nominate foulke-fan as today's PTC winner!! MVP OF THE DAY!

I'll second the nomination !!!!!!!

tampabaysoxfan
04-25-2002, 07:55 PM
YOU GO GIRL! I FOUND YOUR LETTER HERE. THIS SITE IS COOL. I THINK I'LL LOOK FOR THE REST OF MY FAMILY NOW.

DO YOU KNOW WHY THE SOX WEBCAM ISN'T UP? ARE THEY PLANNING TO RESTART IT/

LATER. :gulp:

Daver
04-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Please turn off your caps lock,that is very annoying.

Thank you.

34thStreet
04-25-2002, 09:00 PM
Mariotti should've taken this into account:

Bridgeport has a lower capital per-crime rate than Wrigleyville. For instance Bridgeport had 58 major crimes for every thousand residents in 1998. Wrigleyville had 71. (Source:Daily Herald 2002)

Bridgeport is fine. It's only problem is that there is virtually nothing to do after a game.

But wait 'til next season......

voodoochile
04-25-2002, 09:06 PM
It even appears the Sun-Times took the letter to heart. Today the main story in the sports section is the Sox taking over first place by a game. They put it in a slot that they normally reserve for columnists. Of course KB wrote about the Bears lawsuit, but what do we expect. And to be truthful, Moronotti can stay off our bandwagon. He isn't needed nor wanted...

foulkesfan11
04-25-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by tampabaysoxfan
YOU GO GIRL! I FOUND YOUR LETTER HERE. THIS SITE IS COOL. I THINK I'LL LOOK FOR THE REST OF MY FAMILY NOW.

DO YOU KNOW WHY THE SOX WEBCAM ISN'T UP? ARE THEY PLANNING TO RESTART IT/

LATER. :gulp:

Tampa,

I'm not sure. OTher team sites have their web cam's working. Email the Sox & ask them. And I agree with you. This site is awesome!

Bucktown
04-25-2002, 10:31 PM
Here is the link: http://www.suntimes.com/output/letters/cst-edt-vox25a.html

WinningUgly!
04-25-2002, 11:08 PM
Great job FF!
I say we flood the Sun Times echoing these thoughts. :D:

letters@suntimes.com

Konerkofan
04-26-2002, 10:44 AM
hey Tampabay! Glad to see you found your way on here!

I emailed the moron directly yesterday and told him about foulkesfans article! Haven't heard back from him yet.

foulkesfan11
04-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Konerkofan
hey Tampabay! Glad to see you found your way on here!

I emailed the moron directly yesterday and told him about foulkesfans article! Haven't heard back from him yet.
I doubt you'll hear from him. He's a chicken, I mean a turkey!

:turkeys

LuvChiSox
04-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Congrats on having your voice heard! And kudos to you and to the ST for having the guts to print it.....thanks for speaking out for ALL of us!! :)

Foulke You
04-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Great job Foulkesfan! From one Foulke fan to another! I read your article in the paper and was surprised to see it was someone from this board. I wrote a letter to the Sun-Times about the Moron and the infamous "ScumSox" article during last year's crosstown series and it got ignored. I'm glad someone finally got a letter printed bashing that idiot!

:moron
"SIGH! I thought I cleared this up in my last article scum Sox fans! I'm an unbiased writer who takes no side with a particlular team in this town! Of course my kids did want to see Sammy and the MUCH cooler Wrigley Field but that is beside the point!"

SOXSINCE'70
04-26-2002, 05:50 PM
You are a woman of great taste who tells the truth.I am soooooo tired of that pompous arrogant oaf.he has worked here 11 years too long,IMHO.He claims to be impartial.Impartial my ass!!He wrote a column last week about how he gave his daughters the choice to go to Wrigley or Comiskey last weekend.The girls chose Wrigley,of course.That place is the ultimate tourist trap!!!!

Congrats to getting your letter printed.Hope to see you at the park soon as I am a weekend season ticket holder.