PDA

View Full Version : Repairs at The Cell?

itsnotrequired
03-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Whilst driving down the Dan Ryan at unimaginable speeds to get to my destination, I noticed there is a construction screen shrouding the upper reaches of the Gate 6 ramp. Uponst closer inspection, part of the top level decking is completely removed. Anyone know what's up? Spalling concrete? Bad joints? The continued search for Comiskey's Lost Gold?

SoxWillWin
03-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Creating an enclosed smoking section???? in my dreams I suppose :D:

DumpJerry
03-16-2008, 12:00 PM
They are following up on reports that it was the last place where Contreras' cutter was seen. They are looking for it so it can be returned to its rightful owner.

tick53
03-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Creating an enclosed smoking section???? in my dreams I suppose :D:

C'mon SoxWillWin, I just started a quit smoking thread.:wink:

Chicken Dinner
03-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Geraldo Rivera at it again!

grv1974
03-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Whilst driving down the Dan Ryan at unimaginable speeds to get to my destination, I noticed there is a construction screen shrouding the upper reaches of the Gate 6 ramp. Uponst closer inspection, part of the top level decking is completely removed. Anyone know what's up? Spalling concrete? Bad joints? The continued search for Comiskey's Lost Gold?

Uponst?

grv1974
03-16-2008, 01:31 PM
They are following up on reports that it was the last place where Contreras' cutter was seen. They are looking for it so it can be returned to its rightful owner.

Good one.

Jerko
03-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't know exactly what they are doing, but the season ticket playbook has an * listed by a few things. The * = Location pending renovations. Among the things that had the asterisk were the shower and the "rookie's club" (kiddy concession stand).

Soxaholic
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
When I was at orientation, there was construction being done on the ramps, but it was limited to the spacers in between the concrete (if that makes sense.) That's all that I saw and it just be normal maintenance, but there was a blow torch being used.

As far as the smoking section, it is going to be limited to the Gate 5 exit due to air filtration systems and parking lots. Yes, that includes the bullpen bar. You must exit the ballpark on the 3rd base side only.

dickallen15
03-16-2008, 07:08 PM
IIRC the ramps don't have a long shelf life. They weren't built to last.

ilsox7
03-16-2008, 07:59 PM
C'mon SoxWillWin, I just started a quit smoking thread.:wink:

Creating a smoking area like that would probably be illegal, too.

skottyj242
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Creating a smoking area like that would probably be illegal, too.

Last year the ramps were considered outside so as long as you were 15 feet from the entrance to the ramp you were fine.

Elephant
03-17-2008, 11:32 AM
As far as the smoking section, it is going to be limited to the Gate 5 exit due to air filtration systems and parking lots. Yes, that includes the bullpen bar. You must exit the ballpark on the 3rd base side only.

So you can smoke on Gate 5 ramp or just outside it at ground level? :scratch:

tony1972
03-17-2008, 11:33 AM

Thanks a lot..so you were the one who cut me off and made me spill my Dunkin Donuts coffee all over..:angry:

Jerko
03-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Starting this year you have to be outside the entire structure to be able to smoke, and from what I've read, even that area is going to be limited to a specific location near gate 5.

Rocky Soprano
03-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Starting this year you have to be outside the entire structure to be able to smoke, and from what I've read, even that area is going to be limited to a specific location near gate 5.

:bandance:

skottyj242
03-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Will they finally take the ash trays out of the bathrooms?

Elephant
03-17-2008, 12:35 PM
:bandance:

I'm sure it was hell for you before this.

I mean I know it would suck for me if I were in my seat, knowing that someone was smoking 200 feet away on a ramp.

skottyj242
03-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm sure it was hell for you before this.

I mean I know it would suck for me if I were in my seat, knowing that someone was smoking 200 feet away on a ramp.

:welcome:

Elephant
03-17-2008, 12:42 PM
:welcome:

Feels great to finally be here.

alohafri
03-17-2008, 12:48 PM
They are taking a jackhammer to the parts of the upper deck that overhang the ramps, and to the ceilings on the concourse to make Cub fans feel at home in case they need to use the Cell when renovating the Shrine.

Soxaholic
03-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Direct form Julie Taylor, the only place to smoke is completely outside the ballpark by the Gate 5 exit. Due to other restrictions at the other gates, this is the only gate that complies with the IL 15 foot distance to the entrance to the ballpark (or roll up gate if you will.)

Elephant
03-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Direct form Julie Taylor, the only place to smoke is completely outside the ballpark by the Gate 5 exit. Due to other restrictions at the other gates, this is the only gate that complies with the IL 15 foot distance to the entrance to the ballpark (or roll up gate if you will.)

Yeah, I'll pass on that.

I'll smoke when I take a leak, or in the seats, depending on attendance.