PDA

View Full Version : Bourgeois

thomas35forever
03-16-2008, 12:43 AM
He's got 12 hits in 34 at-bats this spring for a .353 average. What are the chances this guy breaks camp as the 25th man? If he doesn't, he'll most certainly start in AAA.

Lorenzo Barcelo
03-16-2008, 02:09 AM
He's got 12 hits in 34 at-bats this spring for a .353 average. What are the chances this guy breaks camp as the 25th man? If he doesn't, he'll most certainly start in AAA.

When Kenny was in the booth during the game, Hawk and KW hinted that he would be the 1st guy called up if there would be an injury FWIW.

WhiteSox5187
03-16-2008, 06:23 AM
I like what Bourgeois has done, but I think it's best for him to play everyday in AAA. If some one goes down, then yea, he should come up.

Lillian
03-16-2008, 10:30 AM
I have been advocating that Jason be considered for the lead off hitter, and second baseman. He has played second through most of his minor league career, and while Ozzie admitted to me yesterday that he doesn't know how good he is defensively at that position, he at least has had experience there.
He had a good year between AA and AAA last season, and can steal bases.
I wish they would give him more ST playing time at Second, and bat him lead off the rest of the Spring. I'd also like to see him choke up, and shorten his swing a little, but then I think that about all the hitters I see, who are not legitimate power threats.

I'd love to see our lead off hitter come from the Second Base position, as I think we have too many better outfield options than Owens. The way Brian is playing, and given his great potential, you would think that he would have to play his way off this team! Unless he falls on his face again, they have to give him a chance to be the Centerfielder. Swisher has to be in Left, and Carlos Quentin should be ahead of Owens on the depth chart. The only reason Owens gets so much consideration is that he has speed, and can steal bases. By filling that role with your Second Baseman, you can move Owens back down on the Depth Chart.

soxfan21
03-16-2008, 12:38 PM
He has shown this spring that he really deserves to be one of the first call ups should someone go down or not be able to perform for some reason or another. I was impressed with him yesterday with his three stolen bases and also of his ability to bring Uribe in with that base hit yesterday.

turners56
03-16-2008, 12:51 PM
There just isn't enough room for him on the team as of now, Anderson is hitting very well, Richar will probably end up on the team, and Alexi Ramirez is there to compete with him for a spot, so there's a lot of competetion for him. But, if BA keeps on playing badly in the regular season and Richar hits .230, I think Bozhhhh WAHHHH? will definitely get a call up.

Herbal
03-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I just hope that if he is called up later in the season that DJ figures out how to pronounce his name. Not that I know, but I'd figure it was one of several that DJ pulled out during the game yesterday.

TomBradley72
03-16-2008, 02:21 PM
I like him as our first OF called up if necessary from AAA.

Since we have ZERO outfield depth in the minors (do we have ANY oufield prospects that are projected to be ready for the majors by the end of 2008?)...and we're bound to have an injury at some point...so he'll get some time in this year.

Lillian
03-16-2008, 05:46 PM
For those of you who continue to see Jason Bourgeios as an outfielder on this team, I repeat that his best chance is as a second baseman.
I don't see how he could be any higher than 6th on the depth chart for an outfield spot. He has Dye, Swisher, Owens, Quentin, and Anderson ahead of him.
His chances are much better at second. Uribe is likely to be traded, Richar and Getz are upproven, Ramirez should be at AAA preparing to take over at SS for Cabrera, next year, and Pablo Ozuna is much the same kind of player.
Jason is the only one other than Pablo, who could be considered for lead off.

KRS1
03-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Richar and Getz are upproven,

So is Bourgeois, but Richar at least has Major League experience. Not to mention he has been the better player in the minors for the last three seasons. I see Jason as a guy who could take over Pablo's role, as a spark plug bench player who can actually play good defense (unlike Pablo). I see Danny as a guy who has a ton of upside as a second baseman. I just REALLY like Danny's swing (short and quick, with great hands through the zone), and think once he gets adjusted to major league pitching, which he seemed to do by the end of last year, that swing will make for some darn good production at the plate. He produces a lot of hard line drives, too bad a lot of them were directly at the left fielder last year (hey, at least we know he can hit the ball the other way).

JohnTucker0814
03-16-2008, 10:36 PM
I actually really like this kid, I would like a scenario where he makes the roster... the only scenario I see is if Uribe and Crede are both traded... if this is the case, hypothetically speaking here is my ideal roster:

c - A.J.
1b - Konerko
2b - Ramirez - SS
3b - Fields
ss - Cabrera
lf - Swisher - CF/RF/1B
cf - Owens
rf - Dye
dh - Thome
bn - Hall - C
bn - Quentin - LF/RF
bn - Ozuna - 3B/SS/2b
bn - Bourgeois - 2b/CF

sp - Buehrle
sp - Vazquez
sp - Danks
sp - Contreras
sp - Floyd
lr - Massett
mr - Wasserman
mr - Logan
mr - MacDougal/Thornton
su - Linebrink
su - Dotel
cl - Jenks

I think with this roster you have 4 bench players that will fill in on days off with a lot of fire and we would have a lot of speed on the bench to be able to pinch run for the likes of Konerko/Thome/Dye.

I like Anderson, but I don't think there is a change that Ozzie wants him on his team. I think he is getting packaged with Crede to sweeten the pot...

JMHO...

Tragg
03-16-2008, 10:38 PM
So is Bourgeois, but Richar at least has Major League experience. Not to mention he has been the better player in the minors for the last three seasons. I see Jason as a guy who could take over Pablo's role, as a spark plug bench player who can actually play good defense (unlike Pablo). I see Danny as a guy who has a ton of upside as a second baseman. I just REALLY like Danny's swing (short and quick, with great hands through the zone), and think once he gets adjusted to major league pitching, which he seemed to do by the end of last year, that swing will make for some darn good production at the plate. He produces a lot of hard line drives, too bad a lot of them were directly at the left fielder last year (hey, at least we know he can hit the ball the other way).
I agree.
Well-said about Richar.

pearso66
03-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I like Anderson, but I don't think there is a change that Ozzie wants him on his team. I think he is getting packaged with Crede to sweeten the pot...

Anderson may not get a shot because Ozzie doesn't want him, but how does he sweeten a pot? Anderson's trade value is absolutely nothing, and from what it sounds like, Crede's value is about the same.

btrain929
03-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Anderson may not get a shot because Ozzie doesn't want him, but how does he sweeten a pot? Anderson's trade value is absolutely nothing, and from what it sounds like, Crede's value is about the same.

Did you fall asleep after BA hurt his wrist and woke up this morning? Anderson's trade value was absolutely nothing after he hurt his wrist last year in AAA. He is tearing it up this spring (with the bat and with outfield assists), and has done nothing but help his trade value. "Absolutely nothing" is not even close to an honest assessment.

oeo
03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Did you fall asleep after BA hurt his wrist and woke up this morning? Anderson's trade value was absolutely nothing after he hurt his wrist last year in AAA. He is tearing it up this spring (with the bat and with outfield assists), and has done nothing but help his trade value. "Absolutely nothing" is not even close to an honest assessment.

As well as Brian has played this Spring, he still has to show he can do it in the regular season before he has actual trade value. He's had good Springs before.

Is it 'absolutely nothing?' No...but I'd say it's pretty close. He's 26 now, and still hasn't shown an ability to consistently hit major league pitching. Maybe this is the year, but until he does show that, he really doesn't have much value in a trade.

The one thing I like that I'm seeing from him for the first time, is he's playing with heart and intensity. In the past, it was almost like he didn't give a ****. We'll see; maybe he's finally matured enough both on and off the field.