PDA

View Full Version : Sure this trade will work

Jerry_Manuel
04-25-2002, 03:22 PM
From Gammons recent mailbag:

Q: I thought of a possible trade for the Chicago Cubs and the Texas Rangers: The Rangers could send Ivan Rodriguez to the Cubs for Jason Bere , Jesus Sanchez and Todd Hundley . This gives the Cubs more pop in the lineup, a stronger catcher and gets rid of Hundley's contract. The Rangers get a relatively good starter, a replacement catcher to platoon with Bill Haselman and a young arm that can help them in the bullpen or the rotation. What do you think? -- Mike Cook, Plattsburgh, N.Y.

PWG -- Good idea, but will the Cubs pay Pudge $12 to $20 million? And if the Rangers trade Rodriguez, they'll want two young pitching studs (Sidney Ponson, Erik Bedard). Everyone in the game figures agent Scott Boras will sucker Rangers owner Tom Hicks into Charles Johnson. Does Hicks know what an industry laughingstock he's made himself by having to be on camera so much during Rangers telecasts?

MattSharp
04-25-2002, 03:48 PM
I would love to see the Cubs do this providin they don't have the money to re-sign Pudge. I would laugh so hard if they did it and then he says bye bye.

Randar68
04-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From Gammons recent mailbag:

Even the Rangers aren't that desperate for pitching!

It would take a Cruz/Christiansen type arm instead of "BP" Sanchez, even then, is Hundley even a SERVICEABLE catcher???