PDA

View Full Version : CC Sabathia

Iwritecode
04-25-2002, 02:38 PM
I was just wondering what you guys thought about him so far? Last night was his second straight outing in which he has struggled. The Sox didn't even have their "A" lineup. It was more like a "B+" lineup. So is he suffering a sophmore slump or is he just not as good as everyone thought? Maybe it's still too early in the season to tell and he is still pretty young. It's also been reported that he has a sore knee. But also consider the fact that last year he was basically a five-inning wonder (Manuel would pull him as soon as he pitched enough to qualify for the win) and his run support each game was usually over 6. He is definetly not going to get that kind of support this year...

hold2dibber
04-25-2002, 06:47 PM
I thought Sabathia was a fraud last year, and I still think that's the case. I mean, he's not horrible, but as you note, his W-L record was largely a product of Manual yanking him early and the offense putting up big numbers behind him. If you look at stats like ERA, WHIP, and BA Against, he wasn't overly impressive. I predict about 10-12 wins this year and an ERA in the 4.50 range.

34 Inch Stick
04-25-2002, 07:22 PM
I would take him on my team. He has the ability to dominate at times. However, he was definitily overrated last year. That ERA was high. He got smoked badly in half his games and was great in the other half. Young pitchers do that (not just our young pitchers), but you can't doubt his ability.

doublem23
04-25-2002, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I don't think Sabathia is the ace in waiting the Jndjans have him pegged as.. While I think he'll be a very good #3 pitcher, I really doubt he's as good as everyone wants to think he is.

And he wears his hat like a moron.

BuehrleACE56
04-25-2002, 08:53 PM
Sabathia looked pretty good and seemed to pitch very well for a couple of innings at a time. But then out of no where we were suddenly hitting him all over the place. The Sox 'O' strung off like five hits in a row at one point. You can't doubt his talent and he has his good days, but he's not an ace like they make him out to be. His wasitline looks way bigger than the weight they have him listed at. I was listening to Cleaveland radio on vacation and the sports guy seemed to share my opinion. "The Cleaveland zoo was showing off their new orca on the mound the other night." I like whomever came up with Crispy Creme Sabathia!

Vsahajpal
04-26-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Yeah, I don't think Sabathia is the ace in waiting the Jndjans have him pegged as.. While I think he'll be a very good #3 pitcher, I really doubt he's as good as everyone wants to think he is.

And he wears his hat like a moron.

I think he's gonna be a star, what he did last year as a 20 year-old was remarkable. He needs to lose 25-30 lb, though.

Pete_SSAC
04-26-2002, 01:58 PM
:jerry
"We didn't bring our A game, and still beat his fat@$$"

- Pete