PDA

View Full Version : Scratch that, Buehrle is back to starting Opening Day

IlliniSox4Life
03-14-2008, 01:09 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/chicago_white_sox/index.html

Ozzie was apparently getting ahead of himself when he named Javy OD starter without looking at matchups, and now Buehrle is starting.

champagne030
03-14-2008, 01:14 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/chicago_white_sox/index.html

Ozzie was apparently getting ahead of himself when he named Javy OD starter without looking at matchups, and now Buehrle is starting.

Shocking. Ozzie needs to see how may lefties Cleveland has in their starting lineup before he makes the choice. Why won't someone force him to look at a scouting report, which will show him, it's not always lefty/lefty vs. righty/righty?

kittle42
03-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Shocking. Ozzie needs to see how may lefties Cleveland has in their starting lineup before he makes the choice. Why won't someone force him to look at a scouting report, which will show him, it's not always lefty/lefty vs. righty/righty?

I am baffled by this obvious glaring hole in his management acumen.

Jerko
03-14-2008, 01:33 PM
It's not gonna matter who starts when Ozzie brings in Logan to face Hafner and Thornton to face Sizemore anyway. That Hafner shot STILL hasn't landed.

Brian26
03-14-2008, 06:17 PM
It's not gonna matter who starts when Ozzie brings in Logan to face Hafner and Thornton to face Sizemore anyway. That Hafner shot STILL hasn't landed.

:rolling:

MCHSoxFan
03-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Link:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080314&content_id=2426635&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

I did not see other thread! It was really far from the top, surprisingly.

tick53
03-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Nothing against Burls at all but Javy does have a better record against The Tribe, but I'm not the manager, Ozzie is.

delben91
03-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Nothing against Burls at all but Javy does have a better record against The Tribe, but I'm not the manager, Ozzie is.

Well, regardless of how Javy and Mark were arranged in the 1 and 2 rotation slots, they'd both be facing the Tribe...so...:scratch:

Boondock Saint
03-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, regardless of how Javy and Mark were arranged in the 1 and 2 rotation slots, they'd both be facing the Tribe...so...:scratch:

Exactly. Either way, they're pitching 1-2. And in the grand scheme of things, it's just one game out of 162. It's nothing more than a feather in the cap.

turners56
03-15-2008, 06:47 PM
You don't want pressure on Vazquez, whenever the pressure is on (points at stint with Yankees and a good 2006 Sox team), he starts choking. Then, in 2007, where all hope was lost, he was good enough to be on a box of Wheaties (hey, Buehrle was on a box of Wheaties before!). No pressure baseball, that's Javy Vazquez for you. Mark is the ace of this staff, let's just keep it that way. No matter what his record says against the Tribe, he can't be as bad as Contreras last year on opening day, that was just brutal.

Frontman
03-15-2008, 09:51 PM
You don't want pressure on Vazquez, whenever the pressure is on (points at stint with Yankees and a good 2006 Sox team), he starts choking. Then, in 2007, where all hope was lost, he was good enough to be on a box of Wheaties (hey, Buehrle was on a box of Wheaties before!). No pressure baseball, that's Javy Vazquez for you. Mark is the ace of this staff, let's just keep it that way. No matter what his record says against the Tribe, he can't be as bad as Contreras last year on opening day, that was just brutal.

I couldn't be as bad as Jose was on Opening Day last year. MERCY!