PDA

View Full Version : Is Buehrle injured?

Rockabilly
03-14-2008, 01:25 PM
He was scratched from his next start aganist the Cubs.. This is the 2nd time this spring that he has been scratch...

TUCSON, Ariz. - White Sox left-hander Mark Buehrle has been scratched from Saturday's start against the Cubs, but the team insists that Buehrle is healthy.

Buehrle, whose 1,577 2/3 innings since 2001 is the second-highest of any major league pitcher, will be replaced by Nick Masset. The team had discussed skipping one of Buehrle's three remaining spring starts as recently as last week to preserve his arm over the course of the regular season.

Buehrle missed his first start because of what was described as normal spring training stiffness but hurled six scoreless innings in two outings before getting tagged for six hits in four innings against Seattle last Monday. Buehrle is tentatively targeted to start the regular season as the Sox's No. 2 starter.

Chicken Dinner
03-14-2008, 01:29 PM
The weather is supposed to be cold and rainy. Probably the slip and slide thing.

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USAZ0166_f.html

JB98
03-14-2008, 01:39 PM
They've been talking all spring about Buehrle possibly skipping a start. I'm not going to panic about this, although I'm sure the media will try to create some panic with insane speculation.

After his last start, Mark was asked how close he was to being ready for the season. He pronounced himself ready. I don't think he would have said that if he was injured.

sox1970
03-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Buehrle was on the Score today. I think he's ok.

http://www.670thescore.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=1632195

cbrownson13
03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Rotoworld says they are just rearranging his schedule since Ozzie has named him the opening day starter.

CHIsoxNation
03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Rotoworld says they are just rearranging his schedule since Ozzie has named him the opening day starter.

He did? I thought he that was going to Javy?

Edit: never mind, I just read in the other thread that Ozzie is saying Mark will start now.

KenBerryGrab
03-14-2008, 02:41 PM
He's fine.

oeo
03-14-2008, 03:01 PM
They've been talking all spring about Buehrle possibly skipping a start. I'm not going to panic about this, although I'm sure the media will try to create some panic with insane speculation.

After his last start, Mark was asked how close he was to being ready for the season. He pronounced himself ready. I don't think he would have said that if he was injured.

Yep. This is what Reifert says too. Buehrle gets ready for the season very quickly; and if he's already there (or at least very, very close), then why waste his arm in a meaningless game?

LoveYourSuit
03-14-2008, 04:50 PM
If you recall in '05, Buehrle was rumored to be out for April due to a fracture in his foot while shagging fly balls.

I'm not worried, the guy is a gamer and besides does not rely on a "power arm" to get outs.

RTI_SoxFan
03-14-2008, 05:01 PM
If you recall in '05, Buehrle was rumored to be out for April due to a fracture in his foot while shagging fly balls.

I'm not worried, the guy is a gamer and besides does not rely on a "power arm" to get outs.

Does gamer = grinder?

WhiteSox5187
03-14-2008, 05:41 PM
I haven't read anywhere that he's not healthy. This isn't like Owens where he had to miss a couple of games due to an injury, I think he might have missed one start due to his arm being sore then came out and dominated for the next couple of games. I think they're just juggling the rotation right now. I mean we know what we're going to get from Buerhle and to a lesser extent, Javy, it's the other three that are question marks.

turners56
03-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I hope Buehrle does somehow get a minor injury, remember that crazy story of Buehrle being out for a month due to a broken foot? Worked like a charm.

Brian26
03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I hope Buehrle does somehow get a minor injury, remember that crazy story of Buehrle being out for a month due to a broken foot?

The same story that was just referenced an entire three posts above yours?

BadBobbyJenks
03-14-2008, 10:06 PM
The same story that was just referenced an entire three posts above yours?

HANG HIM!:rolleyes:

cws05champ
03-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I hope Buehrle does somehow get a minor injury, remember that crazy story of Buehrle being out for a month due to a broken foot? Worked like a charm.
It wasn't a crazy rumor or story conjured up on a message board or Tribune story. Buehrle did injury himself, and they thought he broke it, but it turned out to be a stress reaction, not a fracture and he was back up and going a few days later.

dakuda
03-14-2008, 11:19 PM
This article confirms that nothing is wrong. Should help those with 'worries'.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7914576/Buehrle-officially-named-opening-day-starter

Buehrle has been scratched from Saturday's start against the Chicago Cubs (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/71602) as a way to save his arm from throwing too much in the spring, a measure that was talked about since the opening of the spring workouts.

veeter
03-15-2008, 10:58 AM
It's called, 'He's in the first year of a nice four year contract, and we'd like him to be healthy for the duration of it'.