PDA

View Full Version : Rick Sutcliffe diagnosed with colon cancer

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 06:21 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7908330?MSNHPHMA
Hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

twentywontowin
03-13-2008, 06:24 PM
George Clooney, you been reading about that?

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 06:27 PM
:?:

Boondock Saint
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM

Dude, seriously. There's a time and place for everything. The guy just got cancer and you wanna bust his balls about being drunk on air? I'm sure you're classier than that.

Get better soon, Rick.

Lip Man 1
03-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Fortunately the story says it is treatable and should be overcome quickly.

Although I don't like him as an analyst, I do wish him the best.

Lip

Navarro's Talent
03-13-2008, 06:55 PM
That's really unfortunate. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

twentywontowin
03-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Dude, seriously. There's a time and place for everything. The guy just got cancer and you wanna bust his balls about being drunk on air? I'm sure you're classier than that.

Get better soon, Rick.

Eh, I figured it would get a chuckle from everyone since it was a funny moment.

I love the Red Baron though, and I hope he recovers quick and painlessly. :smile:

Sox
03-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Get better soon Rick..........................

chisox77
03-13-2008, 07:34 PM
To a very good pitcher and a decent man . . . get well Rick.

:cool:

getonbckthr
03-13-2008, 08:19 PM

Get better soon, Rick.
All because a guy has been diagnosed with cancer doesn't mean we can't joke about his past "shining moments." Hell i'm willing to bet if someone right now were to go up to him and bring that up Sutcliffe would get a laugh out of it and probably rise his spirits a little bit. Despite what most believe at times like this the last thing people in those situations want is for everyone to feel sorry and treat them differently. The fact someone is willing to joke with him and about him would probably be well recieved right now. Good luck Rick and hopefully whether its 6 weeks or 6 years from now you'll be healthy enough to get tanked and give another great soundbite.
T6shTX_7xkM

Oblong
03-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I thought he got the shaft anyway over the ESPN stuff. He wasn't working. They invited him into the booth. Didn't anybody notice he wasn't sober? It's not a crime to have fun at a game.

I just saw him last week on ESPN doing a game. I hope he has a great recovery.

Every man over 40. Get tested.

Frontman
03-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Best of luck and a speedy recovery, Rick.

moochpuppy
03-13-2008, 10:21 PM
The Red Baron will prevail!

:macho:

LoveYourSuit
03-13-2008, 10:47 PM
All because a guy has been diagnosed with cancer doesn't mean we can't joke about his past "shining moments." Hell i'm willing to bet if someone right now were to go up to him and bring that up Sutcliffe would get a laugh out of it and probably rise his spirits a little bit. Despite what most believe at times like this the last thing people in those situations want is for everyone to feel sorry and treat them differently. The fact someone is willing to joke with him and about him would probably be well recieved right now. Good luck Rick and hopefully whether its 6 weeks or 6 years from now you'll be healthy enough to get tanked and give another great soundbite.
T6shTX_7xkM

Agree 100%

I never understand the sensativity level in such times. It's not like the guy pointed out a past rape case, burglary, etc.

Hope Rick recovers soon.

TheOldRoman
03-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Speaking of Rick Sutcliffe, I watched game 1 of the 2005 ALDS tonight. Sutcliffe called the game along with Mike Piazza and the piece of crap Berman. That game had a happy ending. Hopefully Rick does, too.

RadioheadRocks
03-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Speaking of Rick Sutcliffe, I watched game 1 of the 2005 ALDS tonight. Sutcliffe called the game along with Mike Piazza and the piece of crap Berman. That game had a happy ending. Hopefully Rick does, too.

I give Sutcliffe major props for telling Berman at one point during the "El Duque inning" in Game #3 that "we're supposed to be impartial here".

Here's to a speedy recovery!