PDA

View Full Version : Liked what I saw today

Railsplitter
03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
I caught some of the Sox exhibition vs the Rockies and liked what I saw. Forget the home run, I was gald to see Dye get a hit with guys on base. That was something he had problems with last year

angiew
03-12-2008, 09:04 PM
I agree! And Javie kicked ass!! :bandance:

veeter
03-12-2008, 09:17 PM
You can tell the guys are starting to kick it in. Nice to see Josh pick it up. BA is out of his mind. Crede threw some leather. Javy toyed with that line-up.

JB98
03-12-2008, 11:40 PM
I caught some of the Sox exhibition vs the Rockies and liked what I saw. Forget the home run, I was gald to see Dye get a hit with guys on base. That was something he had problems with last year

Unfortunately, AJ hit into a DP right after Dye got that hit. That COULD have been a really big inning.

The best part about today was Vazquez's outing. He looks about ready for the season. Dotel also looked sharp in his inning of work. Linebrink has looked sloppy in each of the outings I've seen him have this spring, although he wiggled out of a jam today.

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 07:13 AM
*sets up lawn chair on LaSalle Street*

soxfanatlanta
03-13-2008, 07:19 AM

Can you do pink and teal at the same time?

Frontman
03-13-2008, 07:43 AM
And I honestly can see Anderson making the squad now. He's showing confidence in his plate apperances, and I think he's getting even better in the field.

I hope Kenny and Ozzie give him some solid consideration, or that if they do move him; the Sox get some good solid players in return.

And Javy was dead-bang on.

spawn
03-13-2008, 07:45 AM
And I honestly can see Anderson making the squad now. He's showing confidence in his plate apperances, and I think he's getting even better in the field.

I hope Kenny and Ozzie give him some solid consideration, or that if they do move him; the Sox get some good solid players in return.

And Javy was dead-bang on.

Ozzie gives BA praise (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080312&content_id=2421846&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Cat Thief
03-13-2008, 08:40 AM

:D:

MisterB
03-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Ozzie gives BA praise (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080312&content_id=2421846&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Lies! Everyone knows Ozzie has a personal vendetta against BA. That article is nothing but management propaganda.

RowanDye
03-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Lies! Everyone knows Ozzie has a personal vendetta against BA. That article is nothing but management propaganda.

I may be a bit cynical, but I actually think it kind of is management propaganda.

Whitesox.com is a mouthpiece for the organization.

With 3 or 4 recent stories about Anderson's progress, I think they are doing a little bit of damage control to prepare fans in case Anderson makes the team.

voodoochile
03-13-2008, 10:52 AM
I may be a bit cynical, but I actually think it kind of is management propaganda.

Whitesox.com is a mouthpiece for the organization.

With 3 or 4 recent stories about Anderson's progress, I think they are doing a little bit of damage control to prepare fans in case Anderson makes the team.

Or pumping up his value for a trade...

Flight #24
03-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Or pumping up his value for a trade...
:gah:

Why not just enjoy the fact that you've got a kid who looks like he finally "gets it" and can be a strong contributor? It's not like they're going to get a huge return by trading him, better to actually PLAY him.

LITTLE NELL
03-13-2008, 11:04 AM
It looks like BA looked at himself in the mirror and said this is my last shot and right now it looks like he has made the turn-around in his career. Im pulling for him because he is our best CFer and we will be a better team with him in center.

wdelaney72
03-13-2008, 11:04 AM
If Quentin is still less than 100% (which appears to be the situation), you can't trade BA... his services will be needed.

RockyMtnSoxFan
03-13-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree with the statement that this team is better with BA in center.

I think that there are a lot of problems facing the Sox, but if certain things go just right, they can be right in the middle of a pennant race. One of those things that could put them in the mix is production from Anderson. If he finally lives up to his potential, he will make the outfield much better defensively -- which could make a big difference for guys like Danks and Floyd -- and add some offense at the bottom of the lineup. Basically, though I do like Owens, I think a healthy and productive Anderson does more for this team.

voodoochile
03-13-2008, 11:17 AM
:gah:

Why not just enjoy the fact that you've got a kid who looks like he finally "gets it" and can be a strong contributor? It's not like they're going to get a huge return by trading him, better to actually PLAY him.

Easy there, 24. I was merely pointing out that I agree with the assessment that I don't necessarily trust everything I read on Whitesox.com.

For the record, I would love to play every single player who has earned the right to play and can contribute to Sox success in 2008. I wouldn't be shocked if BA was one of those players, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were simply trying to paint him in as good a light as possible to pump up his value either.

Edit: oh and I love that smilie.

Flight #24
03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Easy there, 24. I was merely pointing out that I agree with the assessment that I don't necessarily trust everything I read on Whitesox.com.

For the record, I would love to play every single player who has earned the right to play and can contribute to Sox success in 2008. I wouldn't be shocked if BA was one of those players, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were simply trying to paint him in as good a light as possible to pump up his value either.

Edit: oh and I love that smilie.
Yeah, I wasn't so much directing that at you as at the sentiment that still seems to abound that they should "deal BA while he's got some value because he sucked in '06 and didn't do much of anything in '07 either". BA is only 26, and is having a spring that so far is nothing short of amazing. If he carries even a chunk of that over into the regular season, he'll be a top-caliber CF. There aren't many that combine his D with a .285+BA and 15-20HR power. That's basically Torii Hunter with about 10 fewer HR (and about $16M lower salary). If I have a shot at a player like that, I'm taking it unless I can trade him for a pretty significant return.

Plus, it was an excuse to use that smilie, which once I saw it I needed to find!:devil: