PDA

View Full Version : AJ Bobblehead has arrived

DumpJerry
03-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Got it today in the mail!

chisoxmike
03-12-2008, 11:53 AM
This is going to be the week of Sox. AJ bobblehead and tickets! :bandance::bandance:

soxfan21
03-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Hopefully tickets will be arriving anytime between today and Saturday. My rep told me on Monday that all tickets would be mailed out by today and that most people should receive them by Friday. Don't really know how long it takes USPS to ship stuff from Arkansas to Illinois but my guess is that it shouldn't be too much longer than 2-4 days.

chisoxmike
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Hopefully tickets will be arriving anytime between today and Saturday. My rep told me on Monday that all tickets would be mailed out by today and that most people should receive them by Friday. Don't really know how long it takes USPS to ship stuff from Arkansas to Illinois but my guess is that it shouldn't be too much longer than 2-4 days.

This is the post office we're talking about though...

skottyj242
03-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Is everyone getting the bobblehead?

chisoxmike
03-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Is everyone getting the bobblehead?

The Sox claim that for showing our commitment to 2008, a A.J. Pierzynski bobblehead will be mailed to all account holders who have paid in full.

soxfan21
03-12-2008, 12:44 PM

True, I'm just trying to be optimistic though, and just hoping that we all get our tickets before the weekend.

chisoxmike
03-12-2008, 12:47 PM
...and just hoping that we all get our tickets before the weekend.

That would be glorious.

Does anybody know if any other team's ST holders have got their tickets? I bought Angels and Giants tickets off stubhub and presume that they are ST holder seats. I was wondering when I can expect them in the mail. I got a e-mail saying they will be shipped when the ticket holder get the tickets because they have not been issued yet.

Jerko
03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
As long as I get my tickets before the season starts, I'm fine. :shrug:

jenn2080
03-12-2008, 02:03 PM

Better than DHL.

It's Dankerific
03-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Is AJ coming via DHL or USPS??

chisoxmike
03-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Is AJ coming via DHL or USPS??

:rolling:

Anybody know the name of that song that is played when Paulie comes to bat?

Cat Thief
03-12-2008, 02:13 PM

They suck. I have been getting my mail in between 6-7p everyday.

alohafri
03-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Mrs. Aloha just informed me that ours arrived!:bandance:

Scottiehaswheels
03-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Just got mine UPS.

asg2003ws2005
03-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Is AJ coming via DHL or USPS??UPS
i got mine today. it shipped YESTERDAY.

jenn2080
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
UPS
i got mine today. it shipped YESTERDAY.

Damn.

DumpJerry
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
AJ comes via USPS; tickets are DHL, the official sponsor of Major League Baseball.

Jerko
03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Cmon Dump, you know when you start a thread like this you have to include:

What type of ST plan you have
What mode of shipment the parcel arrived via
When it was shipped
Where it was shipped from
Tracking number
Total travel time broken down into both air and ground miles
Type of package it arrived in (letter, box, etc)
Time of arrival
Time you had lunch
What route the truck took when it left your house in case it had more bobbleheads in it
What time each of ours will arrive individually.

asg2003ws2005
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
AJ comes via USPS; tickets are DHL, the official sponsor of Major League Baseball.my box says UPS. And when i looked up the tracking number on www.ups.com (http://www.ups.com), it gave me the correct info.

jenn2080
03-12-2008, 02:46 PM
my box says UPS. And when i looked up the tracking number on www.ups.com (http://www.ups.com), it gave me the correct info.

The tickets also come USPS.

itsnotrequired
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Just got the mail, no bobblehead.

:whiner:

DumpJerry
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM

When it was shipped
Tracking number
Time of arrival
Time you had lunch
What route the truck took when it left your house in case it had more bobbleheads in it

Sorry. I was excited. I'll be more thorough next time.

chisoxmike
03-12-2008, 03:15 PM

:angry:

:happybday

DumpJerry
03-12-2008, 03:17 PM

I'm sorry. When the label on mine said "Itsnotrequired," I thought it meant a signature.

itsnotrequired
03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry. When the label on mine said "Itsnotrequired," I thought it meant a signature.

:tumbleweeds:

Gammons Peter
03-12-2008, 06:02 PM
what's everyone doing with the mask?

on face
top of helmet
hang it on arm
lay at feet

psyclonis
03-12-2008, 07:08 PM
damn I just checked ebay and that bobblehead looks sweet... too bad it isnt a season give away :(

PalehosePlanet
03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Mine arrived today...with the glovehand completely broken off.

Not sure if I should call my rep for another one or just crazy-glue the hand back on.

I can't wait for the tix though.

Jason82807
03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
That would be glorious.

Does anybody know if any other team's ST holders have got their tickets? I bought Angels and Giants tickets off stubhub and presume that they are ST holder seats. I was wondering when I can expect them in the mail. I got a e-mail saying they will be shipped when the ticket holder get the tickets because they have not been issued yet.

I know Tigers STH's got theirs

Got my Sox season tix today via DHL, also what I assume is the AJ bobblehead, I haven't opened it yet.

chisoxmike
03-12-2008, 07:19 PM
I know Tigers STH's got theirs

Got my Sox season tix today via DHL, also what I assume is the AJ bobblehead, I haven't opened it yet.

Really? You got your tickets????

Actually I just got emails saying that both games are in the mail via FedEx:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

Jason82807
03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Really? You got your tickets????

Actually I just got emails saying that both games are in the mail via FedEx:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

I did get my tix today via DHL. I have Jim Beam Club seats, maybe they send them differently. My bobblehead, however, was UPS

Jason82807
03-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Wait a sec... where's the corporate sponsor logo on the AJ bobblehead?

redsand22
03-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I got my AJ bobblehead today, but he has a broken hand. His left hand was broke off and rolled out of the box, hope that it isn't a vodoo doll!

chisoxfanatic
03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
True, I'm just trying to be optimistic though, and just hoping that we all get our tickets before the weekend.
The stuff better get here before the weekend, as I'm leaving for a week in Toronto Saturday.

Are ALL boxes being shipped, or just certain ticket rep's accounts at this present moment?
:rolling:

Anybody know the name of that song that is played when Paulie comes to bat?

That would be Metallica's "Harvester of Sorrow" :smile:

soxfan21
03-13-2008, 04:42 AM
The stuff better get here before the weekend, as I'm leaving for a week in Toronto Saturday.

Are ALL boxes being shipped, or just certain ticket rep's accounts at this present moment?

That would be Metallica's "Harvester of Sorrow" :smile:

According to my rep, Natalie, all tickets were shipping out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. She told my on Monday that ALL season tickets would be shipped by yesterday, and that MOST season ticket holders would receive theirs by Friday. I asked her about tracking numbers and such and she said that if I did not receive my tickets by Friday to email her about this because they (the Sox) do not get all of the tracking numbers until Friday.

skobabe8
03-13-2008, 08:41 AM
what's everyone doing with the mask?

on face
top of helmet
hang it on arm
lay at feet

Mask? Mine didnt come with a mask.

It looks more like BA than AJ.

EDIT: Looked in the box again and the mask was in there!

skottyj242
03-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Can someone provide a picture of said bobblehead doll? I got mine but it was delivered to my parents house.

whitesoxwilkes
03-13-2008, 09:24 AM

When it was shipped
Tracking number
Time of arrival
Time you had lunch

Is this for ALL season ticketholders, or just partial plans?

dickallen15
03-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Mine came with a busted wrist. I hope its not an omen

chisoxmike
03-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Anybody else think the A.J. bobblehead looks more like Brian Anderson? :scratch:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4885/ajxv8.jpg

ChiTownTrojan
03-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Now I just need a Michael Barrett bobblehead and I can let them duke it out in all its head-bobbling glory.

NOTE: No, I don't ususally play with dolls.

skottyj242
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Anybody else think the A.J. bobblehead looks more like Brian Anderson? :scratch:

I'm going to modify mine to look like Toby Hall.

Cuck the Fubs
03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
I got my season tickets today via the good ole US Post Office.........:D:

However, still no AJ Bobblehead:whiner:

Rocky Soprano
03-13-2008, 12:01 PM

So you are going to break a leg off?

skottyj242
03-13-2008, 12:09 PM
So you are going to break a leg off?

I don't even know what that means.

Gammons Peter
03-13-2008, 12:13 PM
best place for the mask IMO is on top of the helmet, the string loops around the brim of the helmet and keeps it secure

skobabe8
03-13-2008, 12:14 PM

Thats what I said, yo.

chisoxmike
03-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Thats what I said, yo.

Ha. I didn't notice that. Great minds think alike.

Bob G
03-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Mine arrived today...with the glovehand completely broken off.

Not sure if I should call my rep for another one or just crazy-glue the hand back on.

I can't wait for the tix though.

Looks like we have several AJ Bobbleheads on the DL - mine included all for the same problem.

I tried to glue it back on but I don't think this is going to work too well. I'll contact my rep to see if a replacement is possible.

I hope this doesn't happen to the real AJ!!

jenn2080
03-13-2008, 12:35 PM

Fo Sho!

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Well, my AJ came in one piece.

Got my tickets today. I am a full season holder. Paid $5,000+ to the team for my tickets this year.

They sent me Hit & Run tickets!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: :angry:

They changed my online account to reflect I am Hit & Run! Two weeks ago, I had all 81 games on my account on the site.

*awaiting call back from rep*

skottyj242
03-13-2008, 12:40 PM

Got my tickets today. I am a full season holder. Paid $5,000+ to the team for my tickets this year.

They sent me Hit & Run tickets!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: :angry:

They changed my online account to reflect I am Hit & Run! Two weeks ago, I had all 81 games on my account on the site.

Are they your actual seats?

ksimpson14
03-13-2008, 12:42 PM

fill it up with lard

skottyj242
03-13-2008, 12:44 PM
fill it up with lard

OMG you are so hilarious. Go scratch dude.

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Are they your actual seats?
They got the seats right. They had better not sold those seats to someone else for the other games. If so, they owe me huge. I have people awaiting tickets from me this week whom I sold 16 of my games to.

jenn2080
03-13-2008, 12:47 PM
fill it up with lard

Wow. That makes no sense.

skottyj242
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
They got the seats right. They had better not sold those seats to someone else for the other games. If so, they owe me huge. I have people awaiting tickets from me this week whom I sold 16 of my games to.

That's what I was thinking about. I hope you clear it up. I am just going to take a guess on like six of the 16 games are the Cubs and Red Sox with some Yankees thrown in?

chisoxmike
03-13-2008, 12:51 PM

That blows. You better bring down a **** storm on them. You may not get showcase tickets, instead they may print off regular tickets to get them to you before the games start.

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Update:
Rep called me. Said he made a mistake, the seats I was relocated to were apparently coded Hit & Run.

I'm on my way to Comiskey right now to check the three seating options I was offered. All three options are actually nicer than what I was supposed to get.

If I'm not happy, I'll tell them to have me sit with Ozzie in the dugout.

jenn2080
03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Update:
Rep called me. Said he made a mistake, the seats I was relocated to were apparently coded Hit & Run.

I'm on my way to Comiskey right now to check the three seating options I was offered. All three options are actually nicer than what I was supposed to get.

Good luck Dumparoo. Make sure you stomp your feet a few times.

skottyj242
03-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Update:

Get a job.

Jason82807
03-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Get a job.

His job right now is making sure he got what he paid 5 grand for

pdimas
03-13-2008, 01:56 PM
I wonder if he'll get to keep the hit and run plan tickets anyway or have to give them back. That sucks. My sister called to let me know my season tickets have arrived. I can't wait to get home.

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 02:14 PM
It's getting worked on. I had to give up the nice tix, of course. My rep is checking to see if the seats were given away for the weekend games. Otherwise, I will be in 115, R 5!

The park was very busy with the Legacy Brick Plaza under construction and a thousand workers inside the park getting the building and field spruced up.

There we also holding tryouts for 2nd Base........

itsnotrequired
03-13-2008, 02:32 PM
AJ bobblehead in the hizz-ous!

:bandance:

No tickets though (mail hasn't gotten here yet).

jenn2080
03-13-2008, 03:39 PM
It's getting worked on. I had to give up the nice tix, of course. My rep is checking to see if the seats were given away for the weekend games. Otherwise, I will be in 115, R 5!

The park was very busy with the Legacy Brick Plaza under construction and a thousand workers inside the park getting the building and field spruced up.

There we also holding tryouts for 2nd Base........

Did you try out?

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Did you try out?
I'm left handed. When they found out, they told me to come back when Kenny is in town to see if I can fit into the rotation.........

chisoxmike
03-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Anybody else get their tickets? I read on another board that they are delayed and they will come next week. :scratch:

itsnotrequired
03-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Anybody else get their tickets? I read on another board that they are delayed and they will come next week. :scratch:

Mail is here, no tickets.

:(:

jenn2080
03-13-2008, 04:02 PM

I was just home for lunch and I had no bobble head and no tickets. I am pretty sure my mail came already too. If the bobble heads come UPS then I probably wont get it until later today.

Jerko
03-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Got my tickets and stadium club passes today; no bobblehead. Cool box this year for the tickets.

Edit: Bobblehead just came at about 5:00.

Frontman
03-13-2008, 05:04 PM
They suck. I have been getting my mail in between 6-7p everyday.

One: Thanks, thanks alot. Open mouth (or type words) insert foot as there are mail carriers who post on this site. Unlike other companies and work forces, we never strike (against our contract) and we work even in some of the worst weather conditions. We even rolled out and delivered on 9-11 when the rest of the world stopped and watched.

Two: USPS is still on time if it arrives at 11:59pm. We as mail carriers have no control over our mail volumne or conditions that may delay your item arriving. We have no control over staffing issues, in case of call offs.

Three: We also don't have any control if the shipper of items goes cheap and sends it parcel post. Basically, it means that priority and first class packages get our attention first, then we work on parcel post. (Yes, we take care of customers who spend more money first. Go fig.)

Four: for all the DHL love I hear all the time, there are areas DHL refuses to deliver to. Like rural areas of ORLAND PARK. I myself have finished deliveries of Sox season tickets, as areas south of 167th and west of Wolf road is "too rural" for DHL to deliver to.

Five: What do you do for a living, so I can tell you your workforce sucks?

Six: Moral of the story, think before speaking.

Thank you.

jenn2080
03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
One: Thanks, thanks alot. Open mouth (or type words) insert foot as there are mail carriers who post on this site. Unlike other companies and work forces, we never strike (against our contract) and we work even in some of the worst weather conditions. We even rolled out and delivered on 9-11 when the rest of the world stopped and watched.

Two: USPS is still on time if it arrives at 11:59pm. We as mail carriers have no control over our mail volumne or conditions that may delay your item arriving. We have no control over staffing issues, in case of call offs.

Three: We also don't have any control if the shipper of items goes cheap and sends it parcel post. Basically, it means that priority and first class packages get our attention first, then we work on parcel post. (Yes, we take care of customers who spend more money first. Go fig.)

Four: for all the DHL love I hear all the time, there are areas DHL refuses to deliver to. Like rural areas of ORLAND PARK. I myself have finished deliveries of Sox season tickets, as areas south of 167th and west of Wolf road is "too rural" for DHL to deliver to.

Thank you.

Wow unnecessary. I guess we should not complain about anything because someone may be offended. Do you realize how many different people with different professions? We all complain about something. Stop taking it so personally and get over yourself.

asg2003ws2005
03-13-2008, 05:20 PM

Thank you.I love WET mail.

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
One more comment about the US Post Office or Front's post and this is locked and Roadhoused.

soxwon
03-13-2008, 05:34 PM
AJ bobblehead in the hizz-ous!

:bandance:

No tickets though (mail hasn't gotten here yet).

Got both today, now waiting for my MEMPHIS tickets.

chisoxmike
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Got my tickets and bobblehead today!:bandance: I love the photos on the tickets this year. No stupid looking girl.

Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!

jenn2080
03-13-2008, 06:45 PM
I got my bobble head but no tix.

Cuck the Fubs
03-13-2008, 06:52 PM
AJ arrived via UPS this afternoon.

All his limbs were still intact upon arrival :cool:

soxfan21
03-13-2008, 06:52 PM
No tickets or bobblehead today, hopefully they will come tomorrow if not I will ask my rep what is going on.

ksimpson14
03-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Shouldn't you be the one wearing the bucket?

Bob G
03-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I heard back from my rep (Natalie) - she said I could either ship AJ back or exchange at the sales booth when I'm at the game which is what I'll probably do. The super glue sort of worked but there's a gap between the wrist and the glove.

I also received my tickets today... just 17 days till opening day.

Vernam
03-13-2008, 10:51 PM
The Sox blew it by not having this AJ bobblehead depict The Strikeout. :wink:

Vernam

DumpJerry
03-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Got my tickets and bobblehead today!:bandance: I love the photos on the tickets this year. No stupid looking girl.

Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!
Speak for yourself.

I won't be seeing any pics on my tix until 2009......

dickallen15
03-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I heard back from my rep (Natalie) - she said I could either ship AJ back or exchange at the sales booth when I'm at the game which is what I'll probably do. The super glue sort of worked but there's a gap between the wrist and the glove.

I also received my tickets today... just 17 days till opening day.
That's exactly where mine was broken

itsnotrequired
03-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Speak for yourself.

I won't be seeing any pics on my tix until 2009......

They won't reprint them for you?

skottyj242
03-14-2008, 08:56 AM

I don't think they can. I hope mine come today.

itsnotrequired
03-14-2008, 09:04 AM

Sure they can. It would be a special order though and expensive.

skottyj242
03-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Sure they can. It would be a special order though and expensive.

If they do this for him there goes our hope of signing a good free agent next year.

Frontman
03-14-2008, 10:18 AM
If they do this for him there goes our hope of signing a good free agent next year.

Don't do it DumpJerry! Kenny will need all that he can to bring FA's here, and you'll be the most hated man on WSI if you cost the team a FA!(next to Morronitti, of course) :wink:

DumpJerry
03-14-2008, 10:30 AM

They will be sending me Ticketmonster stock tickets. As we have discussed here in past years, they cannot do a single order of the picture tickets. Those are printed by a company in Arkansas and if it's not a bulk order, it can't be done. My tickets will be printed by the Box Office and sent to me. Personally. By Brooks himself.

Jerko
03-14-2008, 10:54 AM
In the days before they scanned the tickets upon entry into the ballpark, my buddy like an idiot lost (or someone stole) his whole stack of full STs. They gave him vouchers that superceded his tickets and when he had to shag people out of his seats, those people were questioned as to where they got the tickets from. Obviously nobody ever got caught but even back then they didn't re-print tickets. Plus a few years ago they had the prices wrong on some tickets in the Split packages. IIRC I just kept the wrong ones because that mistake didn't change what I owed/paid.

skottyj242
03-14-2008, 11:12 AM
In the days before they scanned the tickets upon entry into the ballpark, my buddy like an idiot lost (or someone stole) his whole stack of full STs. They gave him vouchers that superceded his tickets and when he had to shag people out of his seats, those people were questioned as to where they got the tickets from. Obviously nobody ever got caught but even back then they didn't re-print tickets. Plus a few years ago they had the prices wrong on some tickets in the Split packages. IIRC I just kept the wrong ones because that mistake didn't change what I owed/paid.

I was in charge of handling tickets for six guys on the 27 game plan a few years back, I came and distributed the books to everyone at work, a guy lost his that night at dinner. He also had vouchers that we had to go through the suite enterance and take the elevator up.

If you found a stack of tickets would you really ever go and sit in the actual seats? I would maybe use them but I would sit somewhere else or stand on the concourse.

DumpJerry
03-14-2008, 11:32 AM

I was in charge of handling tickets for six guys on the 27 game plan a few years back, I came and distributed the books to everyone at work, a guy lost his that night at dinner. He also had vouchers that we had to go through the suite enterance and take the elevator up.

If you found a stack of tickets would you really ever go and sit in the actual seats? I would maybe use them but I would sit somewhere else or stand on the concourse.
Two years ago a friend of mine with a weekend package found himself in a dilemma. He had always split the package 50/50 with this other guy. The tickets were in the other guy's name. As far as the White Sox knew, my friend did not exist. One night, the other guy died in his sleep. My friend was able to explain the set-up to the Sox and they transferred the tickets into his name (I'm not sure how he did that). Then came the mystery.....

The other guy, who was a huge Sox fan, always went to the game he had. After he died, nobody could find the unused tickets (he died in the middle of the '06 season). I told my friend I would take a picture of whomever was in the seats at the games the guy had and email the pics to him to see if the people could be identified. The first game I went to, I had my friend "pose" next to the seats which were occupied by two old men as if I was taking her picture at the ballgame. Nobody knew who there were. The next game, there was an old man and (I guess) his grandson. No idea who they were........

itsnotrequired
03-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Two years ago a friend of mine with a weekend package found himself in a dilemma. He had always split the package 50/50 with this other guy. The tickets were in the other guy's name. As far as the White Sox knew, my friend did not exist. One night, the other guy died in his sleep. My friend was able to explain the set-up to the Sox and they transferred the tickets into his name (I'm not sure how he did that). Then came the mystery.....

The other guy, who was a huge Sox fan, always went to the game he had. After he died, nobody could find the unused tickets (he died in the middle of the '06 season). I told my friend I would take a picture of whomever was in the seats at the games the guy had and email the pics to him to see if the people could be identified. The first game I went to, I had my friend "pose" next to the seats which were occupied by two old men as if I was taking her picture at the ballgame. Nobody knew who there were. The next game, there was an old man and (I guess) his grandson. No idea who they were........

I'm not following this story at all.

DumpJerry
03-14-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm not following this story at all.
Part A: My friend convinced the White Sox to transfer the account into his name without proof that he was part of the plan.

Part B: Mysterious people got the dead guy's tickets.

Jerko
03-14-2008, 12:00 PM

IIRC whoever took them was selling them online, so different people were buying these games and wouldn't know the tickets were hot until they got to the game and my buddy showed up at the seats with security and his vouchers. I don't know what happened to the people who had the "bad" tickets, most of them were probably innocent victims themselves. I don't know if they had to leave the park or what happened. :?:

skottyj242
03-14-2008, 12:07 PM
IIRC whoever took them was selling them online, so different people were buying these games and wouldn't know the tickets were hot until they got to the game and my buddy showed up at the seats with security and his vouchers. I don't know what happened to the people who had the "bad" tickets, most of them were probably innocent victims themselves. I don't know if they had to leave the park or what happened. :?:

I see now.

BeefyD
03-14-2008, 01:46 PM
They were probably just relocated. I bought 4 tickets on Stubhub for a game in '06, and only 3 arrived. Dealt with Stubhub, and got a PDF file of the 4th ticket. Well, the guy selling them had 8 seats. We got to the game and sat down. In the 2nd inning, 4 people come next to me and say I'm in their seat. I told them that I bought the 4 tix off of Stubhub, and the girl was like "That's why this one wouldn't scan in!" However, ticket people, assuming if 3 are good, the fourth should be good, let her in. Apparently the dad owns the tickets, and screwed up and gave his kids the 4 of 7 tickets he owned, even though 1 of those were accounted for by me purchasing it on Stubhub.

In this case, the Sox were already in the dump, so hardly anyone showed (it was the last home game) and I didn't have to move. However, it also shows that you can beat the Stubhub system and actually make money while still going to the game.

Frontman
03-14-2008, 01:48 PM
They were probably just relocated. I bought 4 tickets on Stubhub for a game in '06, and only 3 arrived. Dealt with Stubhub, and got a PDF file of the 4th ticket. Well, the guy selling them had 8 seats. We got to the game and sat down. In the 2nd inning, 4 people come next to me and say I'm in their seat. I told them that I bought the 4 tix off of Stubhub, and the girl was like "That's why this one wouldn't scan in!" However, ticket people, assuming if 3 are good, the fourth should be good, let her in. Apparently the dad owns the tickets, and screwed up and gave his kids the 4 of 7 tickets he owned, even though 1 of those were accounted for by me purchasing it on Stubhub.

In this case, the Sox were already in the dump, so hardly anyone showed (it was the last home game) and I didn't have to move. However, it also shows that you can beat the Stubhub system and actually make money while still going to the game.

Unless of course the Sox catch on and do something about it.

Terrible to think folks would steal tickets from the recently departed.

But then again, there are obnoxious people out there who would disrespect the recently deceased. Shame really.

Hope you don't have any troubles with your tix during the season DumpJerry.

DumpJerry
03-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Final update on my season tickets. When I went to pick the new seats, my rep told me they would make it up to me somehow for the mix up. I figured they would give me a patio party or something like that.

Heard from him today (he sent the email yesterday, but I was away from computers for a while due to work, etc.). He offered me a game in the Jim Beam Club (Opening Day and Cub games excluded). Too sweet! I need some more mix ups.....

One thing about the Sox, they know how to take care of their bread and butter. My hat's off to them.

itsnotrequired
03-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Final update on my season tickets. When I went to pick the new seats, my rep told me they would make it up to me somehow for the mix up. I figured they would give me a patio party or something like that.

Heard from him today (he sent the email yesterday, but I was away from computers for a while due to work, etc.). He offered me a game in the Jim Beam Club (Opening Day and Cub games excluded). Too sweet! I need some more mix ups.....

One thing about the Sox, they know how to take care of their bread and butter. My hat's off to them.

Get them for a Red Sox game and sell them for $1500 each.

chisoxfanatic
03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
So, who still hasn't received their bobblehead? :(:

itsnotrequired
03-26-2008, 10:24 PM

Fire your rep (into the Sun).

Chicken Dinner
03-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Them bobbleheads are going for some good coin on ebay.:o:

jamiebd
03-30-2008, 11:53 AM

I haven't received mine. Have the 27 Game Hit and Run Plan this year, and got my tickets about 2 weeks ago. is this for all ST Holders??? Maybe a call in to my rep, Michael, is in order.

Jamie
Hit & Run Plan
Sec 159 Row 11 Seat 17/18

chisoxfanatic
03-30-2008, 12:52 PM
I haven't received mine. Have the 27 Game Hit and Run Plan this year, and got my tickets about 2 weeks ago. is this for all ST Holders??? Maybe a call in to my rep, Michael, is in order.

Jamie
Hit & Run Plan
Sec 159 Row 11 Seat 17/18
Yes, it's for all of us split and full season ticketholders. I emailed my ticket rep 4 days ago and still have yet to get a response! That figures though, as I haven't gotten ANY replies to any of my emails to him since last July.

itsnotrequired
03-30-2008, 01:12 PM
That figures though, as I haven't gotten ANY replies to any of my emails to him since last July.

Why would you let a lack of e-mail responses last for this long? If they failed to respond to two of my e-mails, I would be leaving them a voice mail every day until they get in touch with me.

CubKilla
03-30-2008, 01:17 PM
For what it's worth, I got mine a few weeks ago.

For any season ticket holder that hasn't, I'd contact the season ticket rep