PDA

View Full Version : Parque's first start


OEO Magglio
04-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Does anyone know when Parque's first start is going to be, and who's place he's going to take in the rotation, probably Rauch?

voodoochile
04-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Does anyone know when Parque's first start is going to be, and who's place he's going to take in the rotation, probably Rauch?

It was reported in the Sun-Times yesterday that Friday's starter was not determined yet. That is indeed Rauch's turn in the rotation. They may be leaning toward Parque because of the many lefties in the A's lineup.

FarWestChicago
04-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile


It was reported in the Sun-Times yesterday that Friday's starter was not determined yet. That is indeed Rauch's turn in the rotation. They may be leaning toward Parque because of the many lefties in the A's lineup. I can't believe it's possible Ode and I will be subjected to seeing Parque shelled Friday night. :whiner:

Bmr31
04-25-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I can't believe it's possible Ode and I will be subjected to seeing Parque shelled Friday night. :whiner:

from THAT lineup? Doubtful.....

FarWestChicago
04-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31


from THAT lineup? Doubtful..... He was getting regularly shelled in the minors...

voodoochile
04-25-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
He was getting regularly shelled in the minors...

Actually, his last two starts weren't horrible... He gave up 4 ER in 6 IP in the final one and the one before he was fine for 5 innings before getting rocked in the sixth. Can't be worse than Rauch has looked and one would expect Parque to turn it up a notch when he pitches in the Bigs again...

Sorry you guys are going to miss seeing Rauch - that stinks...

FarWestChicago
04-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Sorry you guys are going to miss seeing Rauch - that stinks... I don't care who pitches Friday and Saturday as long as Ode and I can walk out saying one thing:


:winner

Bmr31
04-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
He was getting regularly shelled in the minors...

true, but just like spring training, those games are for experimenting and fine tuning. Hopefully, he can keep them to 3 runs....

Iguana775
04-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


true, but just like spring training, those games are for experimenting and fine tuning. Hopefully, he can keep them to 3 runs....

frankly, i dont have the confidence in butter to start. i would rather see him in long relief.

Bmr31
04-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775


frankly, i dont have the confidence in butter to start. i would rather see him in long relief.

I agree. What about giving Glover a shot?

Iwritecode
04-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
true, but just like spring training, those games are for experimenting and fine tuning. Hopefully, he can keep them to 3 runs....

Very good point, we all see how much of a turn around the rest of the staff have made since ST.

Originally posted by Bmr31
I agree. What about giving Glover a shot?

Try and convince Jerry and Kenny. They seem to be perfectly happy with him in the BP and have said they plan on keeping him there.

FarWestChicago
04-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31


true, but just like spring training, those games are for experimenting and fine tuning. Hopefully, he can keep them to 3 runs.... It's easy for you to be brave. You won't be sitting a couple rows behind the A's dugout catching hell from the California Gas Brains if Parque starts serving up batting practice. :D:

Bmr31
04-25-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
It's easy for you to be brave. You won't be sitting a couple rows behind the A's dugout catching hell from the California Gas Brains if Parque starts serving up batting practice. :D:

haha yeah. You know me, i dont like parque much but hey, the sox are rolling, anything is possible...

BuehrleACE56
04-25-2002, 07:43 PM
It seems to me that Rauch has shown hints of something good to come but overall he was iffy and couldn't throw strikes at times. He gives up the "big inning" that the sox staff has finally seemed to get away from. I'd like to see Parque get a shot Friday, or soon afterwards. He can't do much worse than Rauch can he? I like big Jon but i don't think he is ready yet. Garland and Wright seemed to have gotten their act together and are both pitching well. We need someone who can go 6-7 innings and get a decision now and then in the 5th spot. I also agree with the guy who said that maybe Jerry should give Gary Glover a shot. He did ok last year and seems to be very much improved this year and has kicked ass out of the BP. If Rauch starts and is iffy again i think he gets pulled from the rotation.

raul12
04-25-2002, 08:41 PM
has his velocity gotten back up or is he still in the mid-80's. god help us all if he's throwing 85 mph fastballs.

Unregistered
04-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Im not so sure giving Parque a trial by fire and just throwing him into a start is such a great idea... i say we let him throw a few innings in the pen first, just as kind of a marker to see whether the guy can get ANYONE out in the majors.

As for Rauch, i think the resurgance of Wright and Garland in their last starts might have bought Rauch another start... maybe giving JM a little confidence that he can turn it around...but i'll tell you one thing, if rauch starts tommorrow and gets shelled, i wouldnt be suprised to see him shipped down to charlotte shortly after the game...

doublem23
04-25-2002, 10:08 PM
Well, I was at Rauch's first ever start, and he looked very good, so I don't know why we're all abandoning him just yet. Yeah, he sucked royally against Murder City, but he definitely has at least one more start coming to him...

And, well, if you don't know how I feel about Jim Parque, I dislike him.... A LOT... Man, what I wouldn't give to play baseball and have someone pay me to do it, and all that prick can do is whine about life in AAA DESPITE the fact his ERA was like 7.00+

If that loudmouth lefty can shut his damn mouth and do his job, maybe I can at least be indifferent to him, but right now, I don't like Jim at all.

bjmarte
04-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Fine, give Butter a shot. But when he blows it like I am convinced he will, send him packing to the bullpen and give Glover his turn. And send Big Jon back to the minors where he should be this season. Bring him back for his real shot next year.