PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the Cubs to play at Sox Park whatever that may be?

chisoxmike
03-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Where do you stand?

spiffie
03-11-2008, 05:18 PM
If there's enough cash involved to make it worthwhile for the Sox to lend them the park for the year, sure. If not, then no.

Rockabilly
03-11-2008, 05:20 PM
The only time I want to see the Cubs playing at the cell, is when we are destroying them in the 3 game series

Scottiehaswheels
03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
The only time I want to see the Cubs playing at the cell, is when we are destroying them in the 3 game seriesI'd also like to destroy them in a World Series... would mean much more

Cuck the Fubs
03-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I'd also like to destroy them in a World Series... would mean much more

Exactly...........the in season series are meaningless following 05'

bryPt
03-11-2008, 06:02 PM
The only time I want to see the Cubs playing at the cell, is when we are destroying them in the 3 game series

+1

We don't need that 100 year bad mojo in our park.

Unless a list of items are agreed upon to play there, kinda like:

Their clubhouse would be the dog kennel out in left field, or a trailer in the southern most parking lot.

Absolutely no evidence that they play there when the Sox are playing. No cub printed material, programs and year books are Sox versions.

They wear a Sox Patch on their jersey thanking the Sox for winning the World Series in 2005.

NO TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME during the 7th inning stretch.

No scoreboard going off, unless they team they are playing hits a home run or wins the game. No fireworks night. No scoreboard at all, unless it is powered by a guy on a bicycle and a generator.

AJ does the public announcing.

All baseball caps will be worn correctly in the stands, not backward.

If any fan throws a ball back during a game, they are beaten senseless by Southpaw.

Opening day is also Ronnie Woo Woo Waterboarding night.

Ron Santo must kiss Mr. Reinsdorf's or Ozzie's WS ring before every game.

The second they are eliminated from the playoffs, they play the rest of their games in the park just to the north, preserving the field from July on for the Sox playoff run and World Series win.

kittle42
03-11-2008, 06:22 PM
This thread is going to get embarassing.

cub killer
03-11-2008, 06:22 PM
that team CANNOT use our park!!!!!! no way no how. not in this lifetime, not in the next lifetime!!!!! NO NO NONONONO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! like that guy in the movie Big: "NO, NO Y NO!!!!!!"

its like letting your enemy sleep with your wife. this is the most indecent proposal of all time. If there already is an organization formed that is taking action to prevent this from happening, sign me up. NO SHEEP ON THE SOUTH SIDE!!!! period!!!! those north siders dis our side of town so much saying its a ghetto and all that and now they wanna come down to watch baseball??? HELL NO!!!!! every time i hear about this i get livid. hey sheep, stay out of our ballpark! i repeat, go back to lincoln park or lakeview and watch Bravo but stay the hell away from us!!!!!! this better not happen, i swear.

like an earlier poster said, flubs r allowed in Comiskey SOLELY for the purpose of getting squashed by the '05 Champs. and yes, the reg season crosstown classic is very meaningful. and no, it wouldnt be better to face the scrubs in the world series, i dont ever want to see that team even make the playoffs.

Jerry Reinsdorf, for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE don't let this happen!!! Thank you.

spiffie
03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
:cleo

Well that's not a hard prediction to make :redneck

spiffie
03-11-2008, 07:41 PM
that team CANNOT use our park!!!!!! no way no how. not in this lifetime, not in the next lifetime!!!!! NO NO NONONONO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! like that guy in the movie Big: "NO, NO Y NO!!!!!!"

its like letting your enemy sleep with your wife. this is the most indecent proposal of all time. If there already is an organization formed that is taking action to prevent this from happening, sign me up. NO SHEEP ON THE SOUTH SIDE!!!! period!!!! those north siders dis our side of town so much saying its a ghetto and all that and now they wanna come down to watch baseball??? HELL NO!!!!! every time i hear about this i get livid. hey sheep, stay out of our ballpark! i repeat, go back to lincoln park or lakeview and watch Bravo but stay the hell away from us!!!!!! this better not happen, i swear.

like an earlier poster said, flubs r allowed in Comiskey SOLELY for the purpose of getting squashed by the '05 Champs. and yes, the reg season crosstown classic is very meaningful. and no, it wouldnt be better to face the scrubs in the world series, i dont ever want to see that team even make the playoffs.

Jerry Reinsdorf, for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE don't let this happen!!! Thank you.
I live on the north side and sometimes watch things on Bravo. Can I still come to the park? :rolleyes:

btrain929
03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I live on the north side and sometimes watch things on Bravo. Can I still come to the park? :rolleyes:

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

itsnotrequired
03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
a NEVER ZOmg!!1!

thomas35forever
03-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Cubs fans + Comiskey Park = a less clean ballpark for us Sox fans

itsnotrequired
03-11-2008, 08:20 PM
:(: :fans I WANT TO PLAY TOO !!! :whiner: DID ANY BODY GIVE A THOUGHT TO POSTS 227 AND 230 (BLACK LABS RULE) ABOUT WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE RIGHT FIELD SIDE OF THE STADIUM ?? JUST PICTURE A HOOTERS, PICTURES OF BEER,HALF DRESSED WOMEN IN THE SOX COLORS SERVING YOU CHICKEN WINGS AND THROWING CHICKEN WING BONES FROM THE PATIO AT CUB FANS DURING THE SUBWAY SERIES. THAT WOULD MAKE THE PARK UNIQUE AND BRING IN CONSTANT MONEY YEAR ROUND EVEN DURING THE OFF SEASON. I CANT BELIEVE NO ONE IS JUMPING ON THE NEW MC CUDDYS BAR IDEAL !!!!! YOU ARE SOX FANS RIGHT????? WILL SOMBODY PLEASE PAT ME ON THE BACK FOR MY GREAT IDEALS:whiner:

The Critic
03-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I go to several Cubs games every year (many Cub fans in my family), so I'd rather go to USCF to see them than have to go to Milwaukee.

soxfan21
03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
HELL NO, stay up north or even play at Soldier Field (if this is even an option). I'd like Jerry to return the favor of us not being able to play there during our renovations, which I am really glad that we did not play there though. As stated before by other posters, I also don't want our park ruined at all either.

Brian26
03-11-2008, 08:52 PM

I'm still trying to get the stink off of me from reading that St. pats Saturday -- Downtown parade (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98522) thread.

Brian26
03-11-2008, 08:53 PM
HELL NO, stay up north or even play at Soldier Field (if this is even an option).

For 81 games? No, it's not an option to have little league dimensions to RF.

soxfan21
03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
For 81 games? No, it's not an option to have little league dimensions to RF.

Yeah, thats what I figured because the dimensions would probably be similar to that of the exhibition game between the Dodgers/Red Sox in L.A. I do not really care where they play, as long as it is not at the Cell. I know the Sox would probably make good money out of this, but knowing the Cubs they will probably try to squeeze every cent they can away from the Sox and put it towards their own good.

itsnotrequired
03-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I do not really care where they play, as long as it is not at the Cell. I know the Sox would probably make good money out of this, but knowing the Cubs they will probably try to squeeze every cent they can away from the Sox and put it towards their own good.

If the roles were reversed, would you want the Sox to "take the high road" and not try to get the most they could out of the deal?

soxfan21
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
If the roles were reversed, would you want the Sox to "take the high road" and not try to get the most they could out of the deal?

I hope that if this does go through that the Sox do make a killing off of it. I know that if the roles were reversed, at least in my opinion, the cubs would probably screw the Sox and make a killing off of them using the cubs' facilities.

itsnotrequired
03-11-2008, 10:27 PM
I hope that if this does go through that the Sox do make a killing off of it. I know that if the roles were reversed, at least in my opinion, the cubs would probably screw the Sox and make a killing off of them using the cubs' facilities.

Do you take JR to be some type of low-wattage bulb?

soxfan21
03-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Do you take JR to be some type of low-wattage bulb?

I know he is going to try to get as much from the cubs as he can, because if he does not get what he wants, my guess is that he won't let them play there. But then again he is good friends with Zell and Crane Kenny, and was on the board of the Tribune in the past. Who knows if he owes them some kind of favors of anything. I also know that this decision will depend upon who owns the cubs if/when the move happens and it probably will come down to the bottom line.

asindc
03-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey, if it puts more money in the Sox coffers, so be it. Otherwise...

skottyj242
03-12-2008, 09:55 AM
What is Sox Park?

itsnotrequired
03-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I know he is going to try to get as much from the cubs as he can, because if he does not get what he wants, my guess is that he won't let them play there. But then again he is good friends with Zell and Crane Kenny, and was on the board of the Tribune in the past. Who knows if he owes them some kind of favors of anything. I also know that this decision will depend upon who owns the cubs if/when the move happens and it probably will come down to the bottom line.

The flame of Hangar burns strong within you...

spiffie
03-12-2008, 10:29 AM
The flame of Hangar burns strong within you...
Eh, that's not even the best Hangar impression in this thread.

pdimas
03-12-2008, 10:32 AM
I guess my only worry would be Cubs fans respecting our park and not trashing it. I mean no one takes care of your home like you do. I don't want to come to a game and find gum or holes in my seat because some ******* figures hey its not our park so what do we care. I woudn't be surprised to see grafitti on some of the sox posters and wall hangings.

spiffie
03-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I guess my only worry would be Cubs fans respecting our park and not trashing it. I mean no one takes care of your home like you do. I don't want to come to a game and find gum or holes in my seat because some ******* figures hey its not our park so what do we care. I woudn't be surprised to see grafitti on some of the sox posters and wall hangings.
I would say for that a couple of things could mitigate that.

1. Make sure security answers to the Sox at the end of the day.

2. As I would assume many of the people would be season ticket holders for the Cubs who had their plans moved over for the year, you need to make very clear, and be ruthless about revoking season ticket prviledges for anyone who causes damage to the park. If you sold/gave your ticket away, too bad, its gone.

3. Increase fines/enforcement for such offenses. See how funny it is first time you whip it out on the concourse and get a $1,000 fine.

4. Be quick with the hook on beer sales. Make vendors be more on guard about who they sell to than they would usually be.

soxfan13
03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Cubs fans + Comiskey Park = a less clean ballpark for us Sox fans

Why? Are they gonna quit cleaning it after games? I guess a lot of you were never at old comiskey, boy what a clean immaculate place. Its ridiculous people would be so against the Cubs playing here. *** difference does it make to your team the WHITE SOX. Its not gonna add or subtract wins and losses.

Hitmen77
03-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Ozzie weighs in on this:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/840100,CST-SPT-soxnt13.article

''I don't mind,'' Guillen said Wednesday. ''If that's going to help baseball, I'm up for doing it. I don't know how the Cubs fans are going to feel about going to a real ballpark. Finally, Cubs fans are going to see a real ballpark.''

hi im skot
03-13-2008, 10:55 AM
God, I love Ozzie.

The Dude
03-14-2008, 03:55 AM
Who the hell cares DumpMike?

santo=dorf
03-14-2008, 05:17 AM
The only problem I could see with this is a few more "Eric Dybas" types both on the Sox and Cubs side going to both games just to get really ****ed up.

:(: :fans I WANT TO PLAY TOO !!! :whiner: DID ANY BODY GIVE A THOUGHT TO POSTS 227 AND 230 (BLACK LABS RULE) ABOUT WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE RIGHT FIELD SIDE OF THE STADIUM ?? JUST PICTURE A HOOTERS, PICTURES OF BEER,HALF DRESSED WOMEN IN THE SOX COLORS SERVING YOU CHICKEN WINGS AND THROWING CHICKEN WING BONES FROM THE PATIO AT CUB FANS DURING THE SUBWAY SERIES. THAT WOULD MAKE THE PARK UNIQUE AND BRING IN CONSTANT MONEY YEAR ROUND EVEN DURING THE OFF SEASON. I CANT BELIEVE NO ONE IS JUMPING ON THE NEW MC CUDDYS BAR IDEAL !!!!! YOU ARE SOX FANS RIGHT????? WILL SOMBODY PLEASE PAT ME ON THE BACK FOR MY GREAT IDEALS:whiner:
:shower

grv1974
03-14-2008, 08:56 AM
No scoreboard going off, unless they team they are playing hits a home run or wins the game. No fireworks night. No scoreboard at all, unless it is powered by a guy on a bicycle and a generator.

If any fan throws a ball back during a game, they are beaten senseless by Southpaw.

These are my two favorites.

Rockin Robin
03-14-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm partial to the one about waterboarding Ronnie Woo Woo

D. TODD
03-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Of course it's okay. Not thrilled about it, but it only makes sense to play at the "cell" while the pissbox is under construction.

kittle42
03-14-2008, 10:50 AM
The only problem I could see with this is a few more "Eric Dybas" types both on the Sox and Cubs side going to both games just to get really ****ed up.

8 other guys and I are doing that on 4/22 and 8/9. Last year, we were tanked by noon. I think I remember about 2 innings of the Sox game. They got bombed by the Rangers. Buehrle's no-hitter was either the day before or the day after that game.