PDA

View Full Version : Any good/Free Radio spot?

balke
03-11-2008, 03:35 PM
To listen to this and/or all radio broadcasts in Spring? I imagine Gameday Audio costs cash.

Fenway
03-11-2008, 03:49 PM
To listen to this and/or all radio broadcasts in Spring? I imagine Gameday Audio costs cash.

MLB pretty much has an ironclad grip on audio online.

Example a little fleabag station in Connecticut just went online and they happen to carry Red Sox games.....they aired 2 spring training games before the Selig police arrived in person at the station.

balke
03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I just hate the idea of paying money for a service that is sure to be loaded with commercials as it is.

Good thing I have will power I guess. Opening Day needs to come sooner.

asg2003ws2005
03-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I just hate the idea of paying money for a service that is sure to be loaded with commercials as it is.

Good thing I have will power I guess. Opening Day needs to come sooner.Mlb's Game day audio cuts out the commerials. At least during spring training.
It's 14 bucks for the WHOLE SEASON. For ALL 30 teams.
Or you can get it when you try out SI.
Or included with your sox pride club package for $19

UofCSoxFan
03-11-2008, 05:09 PM

You don't have cable tv then I'm guessing?

KenBerryGrab
03-11-2008, 05:10 PM
GameDay Audio is the best value MLB offers. No blackouts, ever, during the regular season. Every game is available. It's a steal.

Brian26
03-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Mlb's Game day audio cuts out the commerials. At least during spring training.

No it doesn't. Commericals are still aired.

It's 14 bucks for the WHOLE SEASON. For ALL 30 teams.

It's $14.99.

Brian26
03-11-2008, 08:13 PM
GameDay Audio is the best value MLB offers. No blackouts, ever, during the regular season. Every game is available. It's a steal.

It's a great value. It's a blast listening to other team's announcers. I've heard John Rooney do two Cardinals games so far, Milo Hamilton with the Astros, Rex Hudler with the Angels, and Charlie Steiner with the Dodgers, among others. I'm looking forward to listening to Wills do a Tampa Bay game.

Even if you only listen during Spring Training, it's worth the approximate 50 cents a day for background noise and baseball talk.

balke
03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
You don't have cable tv then I'm guessing?

I wouldn't if it weren't free for me as it is.

itsnotrequired
03-11-2008, 08:25 PM
No it doesn't. Commericals are still aired.

It seems like they air most of them but every once in a while, a break will be silenced. I blame the alien conspiracy.

Brian26
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
It seems like they air most of them but every once in a while, a break will be silenced.

Maybe so. The commercials that air, though, are special treats. John Rooney is doing a spot for Germ-X hand sanitizer for KTRS that airs at least every other inning. It's the St. Louis equivalent of the old AM 1000 Quincy Alexander Blue Cross/Blue Shield "Moving Mobile Unit" commecials.

Over By There
03-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Maybe so. The commercials that air, though, are special treats. John Rooney is doing a spot for Germ-X hand sanitizer for KTRS that airs at least every other inning. It's the St. Louis equivalent of the old AM 1000 Quincy Alexander Blue Cross/Blue Shield "Moving Mobile Unit" commecials.

Blaspheme. No commercial will ever have anything on Quincy Alexander.

KenBerryGrab
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, thanks to GameDay Audio, just heard Swisher drive in Cabrera via WSCR, which would not be available over the air in my heavily steel building.