PDA

View Full Version : tailgating at tucson electric park?

boiler up
03-09-2008, 08:18 PM
i'm down here in tucson enjoying the weather (played a round of 18 today:D:) and was planning on heading to the game tomorrow with my brothers, dad, and uncle. we've been many years prior to this year and never tailgated because my brothers were not 21.

anyone know if tailgating is allowed prior to the st games?

Chicken Dinner
03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
No it is not. The stadium is owned by the Pinal county Park District and there is no alcohol consumption allowed on park district property (unless they sell it). I got nailed last year. The cop pulled up behind us and told us the rules, then said finish'em up but don't open another. I said "no wonder the Sox are moving to Glendale". Every place in the Phoenix area allows tailgating.

Viva Medias B's
03-09-2008, 08:44 PM
No it is not. The stadium is owned by Pima County and there is no alcohol consumption allowed on park district property (unless they sell it). I got nailed last year. The cop pulled up behind us and told us the rules, then said finish'em up but don't open another. I said "no wonder the Sox are moving to Glendale". Every place in the Phoenix area allows tailgating.

Fixed it for ya.

Chicken Dinner
03-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Fixed it for ya.

My mistake, thanks

Wanne
03-12-2008, 03:14 AM
No it is not. The stadium is owned by the Pinal county Park District and there is no alcohol consumption allowed on park district property (unless they sell it). I got nailed last year. The cop pulled up behind us and told us the rules, then said finish'em up but don't open another. I said "no wonder the Sox are moving to Glendale". Every place in the Phoenix area allows tailgating.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true. I'm not entirely sure...but when you say tailgating, I assume you mean drinking as well. And when the Sox move to Glendale I'm not sure how that will work. Will it be under control of the Park District?!? If that's the case...no alcohol will be allowed without a permit...at least that's my understanding of Glendale's Park District rules.

I can't believe they wouldn't have some sort of allowance for it though. I know Peoria is different. You can sit in the lot and drink. I've played in a few different leagues out here and the only place that didn't give us crap sitting in the parking lot after games and drink beers was Peoria Sports Complex.