PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox laugh at Cubs offer for Coco

Fenway
03-09-2008, 08:18 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/03/cubs_eyeing_cri.html

chisoxmike
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/01/24/brushback.cubs/hendry.jpg
"What do you mean, No? Teams are supposed to give me whatever I want."

TheOldRoman
03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Hangar18, ladies and gentleman!
:rolleyes:

veeter
03-09-2008, 08:28 PM
This is just one reason why Hendry is a joke. He's the master at bidding against himself. He shows desperation, then low-balls people. He's even placed the 'untouchable' moniker on that A ball pitcher, Ceda. What an ass. He's in such trouble with those insane contracts he doled out last year, it's not even funny.

thomas35forever
03-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Definitely a laughable offer. How 'bout we trade for Balsa while we're at it?:rolleyes:

btrain929
03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I was laughing at this deal a week ago when I was listening to Murph one day (yes, I know, that was my first mistake) saying how the Cubs were going to get both Roberts and Coco very shortly. Roberts might actually happen, but he was saying how Coco for Marquis straight up works for everyone. I couldn't stop laughing. Marquis couldn't hold Lester or Buchholz' jock strap. But he was soooo convinced it was just a matter of time before it happened.

Moral of the story: don't schedule your lunch hour between 12-2pm when that nutjob is allowed air time.

UofCSoxFan
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
This is just one reason why Hendry is a joke. He's the master at bidding against himself. He shows desperation, then low-balls people. He's even placed the 'untouchable' moniker on that A ball pitcher, Ceda. What an ass. He's in such trouble with those insane contracts he doled out last year, it's not even funny.

The Cubs obviously will always have one of the top payrolls but they still aren't the Red Sox or Yankees, at least not with how Wrigley is presently constructed. The Cubs are built to try to win this year next year, and MAYBE 3 years from now. After that, they'll have a bunch of old, very over paid players, with no real chance of adding payroll. If Soriano finishes out his contract on the Northside, I'd be shocked.

Lip Man 1
03-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Why should Hendry care about the size of the contracts he gave out? When new ownership takes over, he's probably out the door and the deals aren't his concern anymore.

Lip

Brian26
03-09-2008, 10:21 PM
He's in such trouble with those insane contracts he doled out last year, it's not even funny.

He had an open checkbook from the Tribune Company. Anybody in his position would do the same thing.

EndemicSox
03-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I'd take Fuld over Crisp at this point in time...not sure why they are laughing...

Tragg
03-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Roy the Barber (Hendry's girlfriend's father) told me in January that Roberts was a cinch for the Cubs.
I'll be back at Ike's barbershop in a couple of weeks to get the late spring Cubs scoop.

JorgeFabregas
03-09-2008, 11:55 PM
It wouldn't be a terrible offer if

1. The Red Sox didn't already have a bounty of starting pitching.

2. Marquis' contract wasn't so bad.

Boondock Saint
03-10-2008, 12:07 AM
It wouldn't be a terrible offer if

1. The Red Sox didn't already have a bounty of starting pitching.

2. Marquis' contract wasn't so bad.

You forgot one...

3. Marquis wasn't so bad.

btrain929
03-10-2008, 12:24 AM
You forgot one...

3. Marquis wasn't so bad.

Exactly. He hasn't even made the postseason roster the past 2 years, and always blows in the 2nd half of seasons. Plus, with Lester and Buchholz in-house, why the hell would you want to use a decent trading chip to acquire a SP?

DumpJerry
03-10-2008, 12:36 AM
The article mentioned an injury to Josh Beckett.............what's this all about?

Soxfanspcu11
03-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Why should Hendry care about the size of the contracts he gave out? When new ownership takes over, he's probably out the door and the deals aren't his concern anymore.

Lip

DING DING DING!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a WINNER!!

I think you are TOTALLY Right On here!

I know that it is all rumors and speculation and whatever happens to the front office types in the near future is unknown, but I honestly think that you got this one COMPLETELY CORRECT! I think that what you said is the situation to a T!

The article mentioned an injury to Josh Beckett.............what's this all about?

I saw this as well. Caught the very end of them talking about it on Sportscenter.

I did not hear the whole story, but from what I heard, it was nothing serious and he is day to day.

BadBobbyJenks
03-10-2008, 01:54 PM

He left the mound with back spasms the other day. The Red Sox are saying it is just muscular and wont be a big deal.

JohnTucker0814
03-10-2008, 02:14 PM
The Cubs obviously will always have one of the top payrolls but they still aren't the Red Sox or Yankees, at least not with how Wrigley is presently constructed. The Cubs are built to try to win this year next year, and MAYBE 3 years from now. After that, they'll have a bunch of old, very over paid players, with no real chance of adding payroll. If Soriano finishes out his contract on the Northside, I'd be shocked.

How is this a bad thing??? Seriously, I understand all the "cub hate" but if the White Sox were "build to win this year, next year and MAYBE 3 years from now" I'd be pretty damn happy with that! Worry about winning later if it means winning now!!!!

I can't believe the blindness some of us have about the Cubs... and I say all because I really can't stand them either. However, I can see how they've built a pretty good ballclub over there. Soriano, Lee, Ramirez are a pretty good middle of the order (if the manager would quit leading Soriano off). They have an above average rotation with Zambrano, Lilly & Hill. They play in a division that is up for grabs... KUDOS to them!

minutia
03-10-2008, 04:36 PM
LOL:lol:

minutia
03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Definitely a laughable offer. How 'bout we trade for Balsa while we're at it?:rolleyes:
I had lunch with a co-worker Cub fan and Balsa is going to be the cornerstone of their pen. He said that he has been really good.

oeo
03-11-2008, 02:36 AM

What's new?

Ziggy S
03-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Hangar18, ladies and gentleman!
:rolleyes:

Who's to say Henry isn't right about Mr. Triple Bypass? Choi for Lee and Hill for Aramis is highway robbery, man. Anyway, HENDRY THE THIEF.

PatK
03-11-2008, 09:01 AM
How is this a bad thing??? Seriously, I understand all the "cub hate" but if the White Sox were "build to win this year, next year and MAYBE 3 years from now" I'd be pretty damn happy with that! Worry about winning later if it means winning now!!!!

I can't believe the blindness some of us have about the Cubs... and I say all because I really can't stand them either. However, I can see how they've built a pretty good ballclub over there. Soriano, Lee, Ramirez are a pretty good middle of the order (if the manager would quit leading Soriano off). They have an above average rotation with Zambrano, Lilly & Hill. They play in a division that is up for grabs... KUDOS to them!

I have to agree. Like it or not, their chances are better than the Sox, even if I despise them.

soxfan13
03-11-2008, 09:27 AM

How dare you spew this jibberish about the "flubs":tongue: