PDA

View Full Version : Nardi

doctor30th
04-25-2002, 06:43 AM
I noticed Wright gave Nardi some props.

I for one totally agree with what he told Wright, I can't stand when he starts trying to finesse it instead of going after the hitter.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20020425&content_id=13964&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

sox_fan_4life
04-25-2002, 07:21 AM
I agree also. Hell if you can throow at 94-95 then just throw it.

Iwritecode
04-25-2002, 10:16 AM
I was finally able to sit down and watch most of the game last night. Some things I noticed about Wright: he was throwing pretty hard hitting 93, 94, 95 on the gun. He got ahead 0 - 2 to a lot of hitters. For some reason though, he just had trouble getting that third strike. I don't if it was because he was trying to hit the corners or just didn't have good control of his breaking stuff. He would usually try to K them with a breaking ball and couldn't get it over. A few of them were way off so I think at least some of it was just lack of control. The few K's he did have most of them were just because he blew the high heat right by them. He induced quite a few ground balls too. Even got Thome to ground out with his big uppercut swing. It was a pretty solid outing and hopefully it will build some confidence in him.