PDA

View Full Version : We have a VERY GOOD team and it's going to be a FUN Year!!!

Soxfanspcu11
03-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Yes!! The title of this Thread pretty much sums up my thoughts!!!

I was watching the game today against the Giants and while watching it, I quickly realized that there is a BOAT LOAD of AWESOME Talent on this team!!!

I knew, obviously, that Kenny had made some pretty major moves this Offseason to make the team better. However, it wasn't until I really sat myself down and watched the newly assembled team. I have been watching the Spring Trainning games that have been on, but I was just sort of "Halfway" watching them. You know what I mean? Pretty much, I had the game on, but I was doing other stuff while it was on so I really was not paying much attention.

However, today I actually sat there, and watched the game with VERY close eyes.

The first thing that really caught my attention was just how solid our Offensive, 1-9 Lineup really is!! I obviously don't know exactly what kind of lineup Ozzie is going to go with on Opening Day, but today's lineup was AWESOME!!!

Seeing Swisher lead off, followed by Cabrerra, Thome, Konerko. I was like, "there is a POWERHOUSE right there!!!" And of course, that does not include Jermaine Dye, AJ, hopefully Crede, and the others!!

Then I thought about our Starting Pitching and it occurred to me that we are pretty damn SOLID there as well!! And then I thought about the Bullpen, the main source of our Pain and Suffering last year, and thinking about the Pen actually made me HAPPY!!!

About a month or so into last season, it was pretty obvious that our Bullpen was a complete mess and probably really wouldn't get much better. Playing in that Division certainly does not help. However, RIGHT NOW, as it stands on March 8th, 2008, I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED about just how good our Bullpen could be!!! Granted, it's a Crapshoot and I know that I should not be overly confident because anything could happen, but I really have a VERY GOOD FEELING about our Pen this year!!

From the way everything looks right now, it really looks like we have a VERY SOLID team that is going to compete and compete HARD!! We have got some REAL TALENTS on this team this year and I am honestly SOOOOOOOO EXCITED about Opening Day!!!

I know that most people think that we will be battling for the Cellar Spot with Kansas City, but there is NO WAY that that is going to happen. Barring a few MAJOR injuries to key guys and what not (KNOCK ON WOOD).

THe 2008 White Sox are a VERY SOLID team with so much potential and talent!!

I know that Pre-Season predictions are kind of silly, but I REALLY like this team this year!!!

Of course it will be settled on the field, and I am VERY CONFIDENT that this team has EVERYTHING it needs to compete for the Division Title!!! LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!:D::gulp::bandance:

WhiteSox5187
03-08-2008, 10:03 PM
There is a lot of talent on this team...but one ST is not enough to judge this team. I think we can compete with Detroit and Cleveland if everyone plays to the best of their potential, but I'm not sold on that happening.

Vernam
03-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Whoa, I think you're looking for the Are you a coffee addict (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98409) thread. :wink:

I don't completely share your optimism, but I think people who are counting 'em out are making a mistake. There's a good chance Detroit or Cleveland will under-achieve, and there's no guarantee that both Boston and NY will make the playoffs. The Sox need to get off to a solid start, then let's see what happens.

Seeing McDougal's second straight good outing has me feeling a little more optimistic. If he could become his old self, our bullpen might be impressive.

Vernam

Lip Man 1
03-09-2008, 12:12 AM
I think they have a shot if everything goes right.

Am I predicting a divisional title? No...

Am I predicting a playoff spot? No...

But I can see 83 wins or so, a nice rebound from the disaster of 2007 and setting the team up for 2009.

If they are in the general area of "contention" in July, Kenny will add some pieces to take a shot at 08 but probably more towards getting a jump on the off season and putting the club in better position the following season.

Lip

#1swisher
03-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I liked what I saw sox/giants game. Can't wait for opening day.

:gosox:

Chicken Dinner
03-09-2008, 11:46 AM
I saw the Angels kick our asses the other day and the Sox looked like ****. JD's HR was the only highlight.

ws05champs
03-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Soxfanspcu11, I think you absolutely have the right attitude a fan should have. At this point, we have great season to look forward to and there is no reason to believe otherwise.

Screw the dark clouds and the "realists."

chisox77
03-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Lip's comments are most reasonable. I agree with the big picture assessment.

The White Sox will surprise folks this year. That's all I have to say (for now).

:cool:

munchman33
03-09-2008, 03:07 PM
The White Sox will surprise folks this year. That's all I have to say (for now).

Do you mean Gavin and Contreras are going to win 15 games each?

The expectation is the offense, pen, and defense will rebound. The surprise comes there. Those two are expect to hold us down.

SOXfnNlansing
03-09-2008, 04:46 PM
:moonwalk:

DeadMoney
03-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Lip's comments are most reasonable. I agree with the big picture assessment.

:cool:

My take:

Optimistic, because...

The offense: Fine
The bullpen: Fine
The starting pitching: ' ? '

IF the starting pitchers perform and keep this team in the lead or close, this team can be good. If not, prepare to be frustrated with lost leads and back and forth baseball.

soxwon
03-09-2008, 09:45 PM
No question in my mind, we are the team to beat.
All the way my friends, all the way.
I see it, most of you don't- BUT you WILL!!!!

It's Time
03-09-2008, 09:52 PM
No question in my mind, we are the team to beat.
All the way my friends, all the way.
I see it, most of you don't- BUT you WILL!!!!

Have you seen the BP this spring? :shocked::dunno:

turners56
03-10-2008, 07:17 AM
If Spring Training counted and mattered...the Devil Rays (oh my bad the "Rays") would be above .500 every year.

soxwon
03-10-2008, 07:46 AM

Oh yea right BP, the holy bible of baseball, Da ten comandments of winning.
im sorry -i forgot about that!!!
its a given now only 77 wins, stop the season, why play the games?

TommyJohn
03-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh yea right BP, the holy bible of baseball, Da ten comandments of winning.
im sorry -i forgot about that!!!
its a given now only 77 wins, stop the season, why play the games?

I was under the impression that "BP" stood for Bull Pen.

soxfan13
03-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I was under the impression that "BP" stood for Bull Pen.

Or Batting Practice:redneck