03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
kTLh0djuUu0
Lets win it again this year

skottyj242
03-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Bourbon Street sucks.

JermaineDye05
03-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Nice to see, however this being the 3rd or 4th time I've posted this, I prefer this one

q2cq_aprdew

whitesoxwilkes
03-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Tony Soprano had it right. "Remember when" is the lowest form of conversation.

jenn2080
03-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I wil always remember 2005. The great times with friends and the experience, and the joy of finally seeing the Sox win it all, but these threads are as old as the Aaron Rowand love fests.

JermaineDye05
03-07-2008, 02:27 PM

:woo-woo

"I beg to differ..."

spiffie
03-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Without nostalgia it is almost impossible to justify the allegiances we feel when it comes to sports. I feel sometimes like the concept of such feelings is always called into question due to the perpetually backwards-looking franchise up a few miles north of Wrigley, and more recently the inability of some fans of a certain team in a certain town to ever move past Jan. 26, 1986. But without those long-held ties, stretching back generations, all we're doing is watching overpaid millionaires hit a ball with a stick.

Besides, its spring training. If we try to talk about anyone's performances a large group of people chime in "it's only March ___, who cares?" Might as well spend a few moments remembering some better times as we hope for a reprise this year. That's the important thing, as Tony Soprano said, "remember the good times."

chisoxmike
03-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I wil always remember 2005. The great times with friends and the experience, and the joy of finally seeing the Sox win it all, but these threads are as old as the Aaron Rowand love fests.

Well said, Jenn.

I will always remember that summer and the games from that year and be thankful I expierenced it. Because it may never happen again. But really, enough with the "let's talk about 2005" threads.

What I feared the most is happening; the '05 Sox becoming the '85 Bears.

spiffie
03-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Well said, Jenn.

I will always remember that summer and the games from that year and be thankful I expierenced it. Because it may never happen again. But really, enough with the "let's talk about 2005" threads.

What I feared the most is happening; the Sox becoming the '85 Bears.
The way to stop that is to win. Give your fans something to be excited about in the present, and the past becomes less of a crutch. But when your team sucks the way the Sox have since July of 2006, and the prospects for the future range from middling to bleak depending on your outlook, there's not a lot else to do but think back about the good times that make the bad times worthwhile.

spawn
03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Well said, Jenn.

What I feared the most is happening; the '05 Sox becoming the '85 Bears.
Word.