PDA

View Full Version : Like the Jimmy Dykes card

Railsplitter
03-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I like the choice of Jimmy Dykes for Card of the Week. He had the longest tenure of ant Sox manager. BTW, J. Lou didn't get just Dykes for the $100,000 purchase. He got Al Simmons and Mule Haas as well.

Lip Man 1
03-06-2008, 09:56 PM
When Dykes was fired that also turned out to be bizarre. The Sox canned him but for some reason decided not to tell anyone for the short term...the story broke when Dykes ran into a Hollywood-type gossip columnist in a grocery store and told her!

Lip

Lorenzo Barcelo
03-06-2008, 11:36 PM
:hijacked: Is it supposed to Say "Mid-seaon form" for the front page article?

doublem23
03-07-2008, 12:18 AM
:hijacked: Is it supposed to Say "Mid-seaon form" for the front page article?

Did you bother to read Hal's column?

One of the reasons I don’t listen to more than an inning or two of the Sox’ radio broadcasts is quite simple. I just can’t take it. I happened to turn on Wednesday afternoon’s game when Chris Singleton was trying to do play-by-play. He was already in mid-season form. Unfortunately that’s not a good thing. Mid-season form for Singleton is the same as game one of spring training, as it has been since he began his tenure in the booth in 2006.

RowanDye
03-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Did you bother to read Hal's column?

So is seaon a new word for "boring"?

Lorenzo Barcelo
03-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I read the article I just don't see the correlation between misspelling season in relationship to Chris Singleton's performance in the radio booth.

TornLabrum
03-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I just want to make one thing perfectly clear. I don't write the headlines.

However, I think I've come up with a new product: "Seaon: Apply directly to the navel."